06-Sep-11 - New High Level Prayer Potion

DarkDude

06-Sept-2011 - New High-Level Prayer Potion

High-level herbalists can now create prayer renewal potions. These concoctions restore a sizeable sum of prayer points over the course of five minutes; great for when your prayer points are looking low, but there’s not an altar in sight.

Of course, you’ll still have your super prayer potions for when you need an instant boost in the heat of battle, but the prayer renewal potion restores roughly 25% more prayer points than the super prayer potion does and is tradable, making it a cost-effective, widely obtainable way to cater for your prayer needs in the field.

Brewing a prayer renewal potion requires the following:

Level 94 Herblore

A fellstalk herb, which can be grown by level 94 farmers.

A morchella mushroom, which can be grown by level 74 farmers.

The seeds and spores for fellstalk herbs and morchella mushrooms can be obtained from evil trees; Miscellania kingdom management; traded with other players; or can be found as drops from werewolves, mutated zygomites, ogre chieftains and high-level Slayer targets, among others.

Mod Mark

In other news...

We’ve also completed some technical changes to the Prayer skill, with the most prominent being to prayer points, multiplying your displayed total by 10 to match the format used by life points. While the Prayer tweaking will have no direct impact upon gameplay, it allows us to release more interesting and varied Prayer updates in the future, including the prayer potion we have released today! As an example of future updates, the upcoming Penance aura will restore prayer points based on damage taken, which would have been very difficult to implement if prayer and life points had still been displayed in different formats.

For those who use the RuneScape game bar, we’ve added an array of options through which it can be customised. Read the news post on the homepage to find out more.

Patch Notes

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Stacks of 1, 2 or 3 Dungeoneering and Herblore seeds have been made larger to make clicking on them easier.

The legs of male players wearing Darkmeyer gear no longer stretch when performing certain emotes.

Baby raccoons have had their walk animation updated.

The floor of Movario's base no longer flickers.

The farming patches near Port Phasmatys no longer use different textures when empty or weeded.

Flower and tree patches in Falador Park no longer have clipping issues.

The Wilderness signs near the Wilderness wall no longer flicker.

A missing tile in the Elemental Workshop has been added.

Some tree icons on upper levels of houses and the Wizard's Tower have been removed.

Strykewyrm mounds have been recoloured to make them more visible.

Quests & Tasks

The Meiyerditch Agility shortcut near the initial sighting of Vanescula has had the XP reduced to 5xp, in-line with the other obstacles in the area.

Taking elite black knight armour has been altered slightly to ensure players gain one set, but no more, for free.

A typo has been fixed in the Elemental Workshop IV quest journal.

A Lumbridge task no longer states that a player can cast confuse on a dummy.

Minigames & Distractions

The interface for claiming hybrid gear will now reopen once if accidently closed, such as by a familiar respawning.

The Stealing Creation rewards interface has a new ‘Recharge’ button.

The ouroboros pouch from Temple Trekking now works correctly with While Guthix Sleeps.

The shortcut reward from Temple Trekking no longer requires free inventory space to toggle.

The master runecrafting gear in the rewards interface now has the correct mouseover information.

Magic pyre logs no longer have a vyrewatch placed automatically on them.

Some bushes in the southern part of Mort Myre has been trimmed back to allow players to access the destination of their elite treasure trail.

Miscellaneous

Calquat kegs now use the new Make-X system.

Turgall at the Dorgesh-kaan Agility course now has a right-click ‘Help’ option, with reduced chat. He also will no longer delay whilst playing animations, allowing players to talk to him quicker.

The Dorgesh-Kaan boiler and console now have left-click ‘Repair’ options.

It is now possible to right-click on messages sent by a player in the lobby.

Baby dragons now eat more kinds of meat.

The ‘purchase gravestone’ interface now states the time that each grave can last.

Dragon full helm drops are now tracked in the Adventurer's Log.

Reporting a player in the lobby no longer sends the name into the chat window.

The ‘Remote Farm’ spell now lists the two vine herb patches more clearly.

The barbarian potions now have consistent names.

It is no longer possible to place a group gatestone onto a table.

The prospect option on rocks in the Haunted Mine have been removed.

Killing Dagannoth kings now states that the player killed a Dagannoth king (rather than Rex, Prime and Supreme) in the Adventurer's log to prevent filling the log.

Some loud drains have been quietened in the Carnillean house basement.

Some old-style dripping sounds have been removed in the Lighthouse dungeon.

The Raptor no longer tries to steal players' targets when fighting in single-combat areas.

The vampyres east of Burgh de Rott can now count toward Slayer tasks.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will take me awhile to get used to seeing a large number for prayer points, but I can get used to it. Although, it seems weird to make one update dedicated solely to a new potion, herb, and secondary ingredient. :mellow:

Will take me awhile to get used to seeing a large number for prayer points, but I can get used to it. Although, it seems weird to make one update dedicated solely to a new potion, herb, and secondary ingredient. :mellow:

I might be wrong, but didn't they dedicate an entire update week to the constitutution change? Guess this is a bit of an improvement :razz:

Wonder what this'll do to prices of alternatives, if anyone. Wonder what price they'll be (or stabilise at)...

I might be wrong, but didn't they dedicate an entire update week to the constitutution change? Guess this is a bit of an improvement :razz:

Wonder what this'll do to prices of alternatives, if anyone. Wonder what price they'll be (or stabilise at)...

To top it off, my membership expires in under two hours, so I cannot experiment with the slow restore until I renew, which has a potential to be promising.

Nice patch notes, o wait that was not the main update? :P

Lol I am not sure if I ever saw such small update. And about the game bar... I can't even use it on safari, because it makes safari crash... well I can try again and hope that they have fixed that problem (or because apple updated safari).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

What's the best for kingdom to get these new herbs/seeds? 9 maples 6 herbs?

Only if you do it weekly, otherwise 10 maples would be better.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Prayer flashing is dead now I believe as prayers drain is quicker thus you wouldn't be able to switch on and off before it drains like before.

I could still prayer flash when I just tried it out so I don't think anything has changed.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Prayer flashing lives. Prayer points are only debited if the prayer has been active for more than 1 tick.

So, nothing new to me anyway ;)

I figured it was still technically possible although I imagine quite a bit harder now as it'll be less time it can be active for without draining, then again that's balanced out by it not dropping a whole point at once but increments instead

Prayer flashing lives. Prayer points are only debited if the prayer has been active for more than 1 tick.

I figured it was still technically possible although I imagine quite a bit harder now as it'll be less time it can be active for without draining, then again that's balanced out by it not dropping a whole point at once but increments instead

Prayer flashing has always relied on you activating your prayer for only one tick. Any more than that and it drains, even under the old mechanic.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

With a +40 prayer bonus, if you use turmoil on it's own, from lvl 95 prqayer it will last 7 minutes, combine that with the new prayer pot, could make for very long constant praying, could be very useful on tasks.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Prayer flashing has always relied on you activating your prayer for only one tick. Any more than that and it drains, even under the old mechanic.

Fair enough, never really did it that often before so don't have a whole lot of experience with it but definitely seems like I'm dropping more points now then I ever did before, but as I said didn't do it a lot before so probably just me messing up :P