06-Sep-11 - New High Level Prayer Potion

DarkDude

Wait.... This is the entirety of an update? A potion and a 'rework' of prayer points so that they match the constitution changes without changing prayer flashing?

Am disappoint, Jagex. Am disappoint.

dry.gif The technical difficulty of reworking the prayer system actually makes this a pretty big deal as far as development time goes, to be fair. Would you rather they didn't do anything this week at all?

Yes, actually, I would rather they didn't do anything at all and pushed this update into the 'In other news' section of something larger. And really, while the technical difficulty of reworking the prayer system may have been great, the practical applications of them doing so seem to be rather... small.

a70c7.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not something to go crazy over but not every update can be as decisive as that anyway. We always knew we were never looking at the next GWD, in terms of a game-changing shift in focus. It was only ever going to be a new prayer potion with a couple of crops to farm. The BTS implied nothing else.

Inb4 ppl on RSOF are quitting over this Prayer change. lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

inb4 you can boost to turm? O_O

probably not but still. lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

er why is divine better >.>?

No longer always rounds the prayer drain up to 1 point (10 now) so it generally uses less prayer.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

This was 1 weeks worth of updates?

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

So this month looks to be set up as Prayer Potion + BXPW for one week, ROTM for one week, New Loyalty Items for one week and a no update week.

I guess if ROTM is really awesome, I'll be satisfied. I haven't had time to be on much the past weeks anyway, so I have a little pile of new content still.

This update could very well have been a side-update, like Constitution was to Shattered Heart.

er why is divine better >.>?

No longer always rounds the prayer drain up to 1 point (10 now) so it generally uses less prayer.

Also more prayer per inventory space = more divine damage reduction per inventory space = efffectively more health per inventory space. With just a small bit of stackable healing (ss, uni) elysian already beats divine purely space-wise, and this update slightly favours divine.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

So this month looks to be set up as Prayer Potion + BXPW for one week, ROTM for one week, New Loyalty Items for one week and a no update week.

I guess if ROTM is really awesome, I'll be satisfied. I haven't had time to be on much the past weeks anyway, so I have a little pile of new content still.

This update could very well have been a side-update, like Constitution was to Shattered Heart.

Why should each week be some large update?

Honestly, I contend that if Jagex could do several small updates well, it would be better than some large Diversion/Distraction that people play once or twice and never use again.

Not every update needs to make monumental change to the game, they come out weekly.

Side Note: so when are Summoning points going to go the way of HP and Prayer?

wessan.png

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

You forgot RSC reopening :D

I would be sad if that was a week's update too thought... would mean more time to wait for ROTM :(

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Funny how Jagex one time gives a few big updates in one month and then people expect a few big updates at least every Tuesday.

I remember updates were scarce and to be loved no matter what because it was a gift from above.

No matter what mistakes, there were always positive words.

Now they update the game add a potion and owh it was not good enough, where is our quest of this storyline that storyline....blablabla.

Must be hard working for Jagex for almost 10 years and hear mostly complaining from your playerbase.

Well they adapted to that, locked themselves away from most communication making themselves able to channel out all complaints but with that also goes away positive criticism.

Well at least I know one person that appreciates every update.

^late night post, don't hate me if im absolutely wrong.

Just know that I support their updates but there are many things to improve on it, and obviously raging doesn't help anymore.

We rage at jagex for not getting rid at bots, we still have bots...

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Honestly, I contend that if Jagex could do several small updates well, it would be better than some large Diversion/Distraction that people play once or twice and never use again.

Not every update needs to make monumental change to the game, they come out weekly.

I don't want to sound like an old nag, but in my opinion we used to get more/regular content updates.

It doesn't help that the 'biggest update' so far this year was clan citadels and the content is already (apart from a couple exceptions) abandoned.

On your side note: Great idea when they can't think of any new content to make.

^ You must have had a lot of climbing boots

Yup

Every update has a good side, though as I said I do stand behind their updates there is no denying that they could have done things different and therefor better.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I don't want to sound like an old nag, but in my opinion we used to get more/regular content updates.

It doesn't help that the 'biggest update' so far this year was clan citadels and the content is already (apart from a couple exceptions) abandoned.

On your side note: Great idea when they can't think of any new content to make.

On the contrary, Jagex's updates to Runescape have reached their original (and I mean original) goal of coming out with weekly updates. They have become quite regular and really spoil players today who then become anxious and mad when they don't see an update.

Whether or not the updates are deemed good or lame is a completely different story, but I have maintained in past threads and will say again that I wish we would have more sporadic updates that affect the game in a more significant way. That way, Jagex could put time and effort into updates rather than spitting them out like turds for the players to complain about.

wessan.png

Will the same type of thing happen with Summoning? Your level multiplied by 10.

I hope so. Run energy should become 10x your agility level as well (poor f2p players).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

i cant believe people are mad at them fixing flashing. its obvious prayer wasnt supposed to work like that.

Ever heard of emergent gameplay? Can you say that skele mummies were designed for the express purpose of being chinned/barraged? Same with rock lobsters? Can you say cave crawlers were designed to be farmed for effigies? How about 15-20 minute dungeons?

You see, you can't prove that any of those were designed for the purpose which RS players use them for, nor can you even really argue with any credibility that they were designed as such. The fact that players use them for these methods is emergent gameplay. A bug is different. The infamous PKing bug, for instance, or finding 200m in your bank magically.

Thus, you can't say "obviously it wasn/wasn't designed for this" without having an authority, or some credibility. Its not obvious. Heck, you CAN still prayer flash, just as efficiently as before.

Thus, your premise is really an opinion disguised as a fact. I can't prove that prayer flashing was designed, and you can't prove that it wasn't. However, I can prove that using it is emergent gameplay, within the rules, and thus is in no need of fixing. Therefore, we can conclude that, while you may retain your opinion, it is, in fact, incorrect, and thus you are wrong.

To any idiot who says "Well I still have my opinion..." ok, fine. You can have an opinion. But that doesn't make it right unless you can defend it with logic, and sources, something which the claim I address does not do.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You would have so much run energy then hahah, and there would be barely any point to terrorbird scrolls & resting.

Also, a very, very random question and I don't feel like making a full thread about it, but I just made this account and I added a signature obviously. I just leveled to 90 prayer. Do I have to go back and get the link all over again and put it in my signature for it to update? Or does it just eventually update on it's own?

Bruhx.png

Updates about once a day. (^to the above)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Oh -- and I'd like to complain!

Prior to this upgrade, I had prayed at the Zaros Altar and my prayer was showing at 113 when I logged out. When I logged in after the prayer upgrade, my prayer was at 990. <.<

BTW, praying at the Zaros altar at 99 prayer brings it to 1138 ...

nyuseg.png

Oh -- and I'd like to complain!

Prior to this upgrade, I had prayed at the Zaros Altar and my prayer was showing at 113 when I logged out. When I logged in after the prayer upgrade, my prayer was at 990. <.<

BTW, praying at the Zaros altar at 99 prayer brings it to 1138 ...

I don't get what you meant. o_o

hzvjpwS.gif