Jagex's new building/mansion in Cambridge

pal2002

So..what is Jagex doing with all this extra money they're getting from bots/unbanning cheaters/ornate katana/I pk'ed your mom Tshirt/referra bonus xp/membership loyalty program etc.?

Apparently a larger (26K sqft), shinier, mansion. Take a tour below.

http://www.stellardawncentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18180

Credit to Pliigi at Stellardawncentral.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy [cabbage], is that an APC in the front of the last building?

It is a tank - I remember reading about it in 1 of the interviews - I wonder if that got moved to their new mansion.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

OMG a successful growing company is upscaling its offices?

What new horror!

Seriously nothing to do with bots or dodgy dealings. Jagex is growing, RS just gets bigger and bigger and several other games are growing and/or being begun. The teams grow and so do the offices.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How does/did their old office look like? :) I like the building though and hope it will make the updates better :) (or that they have more space for more workers)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Holy [cabbage], is that an APC in the front of the last building?

It is a tank - I remember reading about it in 1 of the interviews - I wonder if that got moved to their new mansion.

It's Mark (MMG)'s own tank, said he didn't have room for it at home so brought it to the office.

A new building is probably what they needed, as they are still expanding.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

They're growing, so I don't see the problem with buying more office space. In fact, it should be considered a good thing because it will enable Jagex to work more efficiently. Perhaps to put more systems in place/improve certain aspects of the company.

Although, don't forget they are working on other games as well such as Stellar Dawn. So it shouldn't come as a surprise should all that office space be not primarily for Runescape.

j0xPu5R.png

The new property is 43,774 sq. feet, not 26,000 sq. feet. The tank belongs to their current HQ at 140 Cambridge Science Park, and they'll probably move it. They're switching venue but will remain in that same location (moving to the center at 220 Cambridge Science Park). The price tag of the property they're getting a lease on probably far exceeds £6.1M. The information you posted concerns 140 Cambridge which is currently leased to them, not the new one they just leased. :P And no, like Accursed said, it's not unusual for companies to upscale offices when they're expanding business. Perhaps it'll allow them to operate more efficiently :thumbsup:

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Maybe we should get 20 or so people to all wear the same thing and stand outside their new offices chopping at a tree? :rolleyes:

lmao. YES! :P

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Maybe we should get 20 or so people to all wear the same thing and stand outside their new offices chopping at a tree? :rolleyes:

I almost died laughing. I'm still crying. You made my day.

Nice office too. I hope they move the tank, or at least get a new one. We wouldn't want the bots and trolls to invade HQ.

:thumbup: This is brilliant. Just make sure they're all mute, too.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Siggying this. :P

To unspam, I'm rather glad Jagex is making this change. I wonder if, for the RuneFest, Jagex will let players take a peek at their new office?

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Yeah, then we should get 10 more to walk around with signs advertising gold sites.

Yeah, then we should get 10 more to walk around with signs advertising gold sites.

And make sure the signs advertising contain the same bad grammar. XD

... you guys should totally do this for RuneFest. O: !

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support