How bad do you slack?

Turnpike

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pretty good numbers here folks. :o Maybe we should compete against other fansites to see who is better! Haha. :D

I'm sure we'd beat Sal's. I doubt most of their core user-base even plays anymore :lol:

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Well, it's been 17 months since Dungs' release. 100M/17 = 5.8M XP/month roughly? Translates to 194K a day, 8.1k/hr. :blink:

I got interested, so I Runetracked it, just to make sure my memory hadn't failed me.

slyrunetrack.png

And it hadn't. The only reason my xp per hour is as high as it is is because of the past year and a halfish. Otherwise, I'm positive it'd probably be the lowest of anyone here. I'm so inefficient in-game :(

Well, it's been 17 months since Dungs' release. 100M/17 = 5.8M XP/month roughly? Translates to 194K a day, 8.1k/hr. :blink:

I got interested, so I Runetracked it, just to make sure my memory hadn't failed me.

slyrunetrack.png

And it hadn't. The only reason my xp per hour is as high as it is is because of the past year and a halfish. Otherwise, I'm positive it'd probably be the lowest of anyone here. I'm so inefficient in-game :(

We still love you...

*prays someone agrees to make it a we*

;D

Turnpikes.png

I'm not sure what an "Average" would be. I'd put my sticks in the...35k+ pile? Anyone else agree?

Sounds reasonable to me :P Did you divide your XP by time played or do you not have an Adventure's log?

I don't think you can realistically give an average as when the playtime occurred heavily effects xp rate.

An account only created this year will inevitably have a better xp:hr than an account from 10 years ago because xp rates have grown over the years and its virtually impossible to drag tht value back up in later years short of getting really insanely excessive xp rates.

What if the veteran acc uses the same training methods that the new account does? Couldn't they at least excell in that area, considering they'd have much higher skills and so they get more XP?

No thats the point.

Lets take account A B C

Account A is created and does the best xp in-game which is 10k/hr and plays for 10 hours.

Hes got 10k/hr xp rate

Month later Account B is made and a new update comes.

Both A & B do the new method that gives 20k/hr and play 10 hours.

Account A has 300k xp and 20hrs so 15k/hr

Account B has 200k xp and 10 hours so 20k/hr

Another month new best xp method and account C is made, new method is 30k hr all 3 do 10 hours

A 600k xp, 30 hours 20k/hr

B 500k xp 20 hours 25k/hr

C 300k xp 10 hours 30k/hr

Give A 20 hours more playtime:

1.2m xp 50 hours = 24k/hr

Another 40:

1.8m, 70 hrs = 25.7k/hr

Mathematically speaking the older account is always at a disadvantage unless they get significantly more play time in.

It means that as a general rule the older the account the lower the xp/hr is gonna be.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

65,556xp/hr

Decent, I guess

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'm not sure what an "Average" would be. I'd put my sticks in the...35k+ pile? Anyone else agree?

Sounds reasonable to me :P Did you divide your XP by time played or do you not have an Adventure's log?

I don't think you can realistically give an average as when the playtime occurred heavily effects xp rate.

An account only created this year will inevitably have a better xp:hr than an account from 10 years ago because xp rates have grown over the years and its virtually impossible to drag tht value back up in later years short of getting really insanely excessive xp rates.

What if the veteran acc uses the same training methods that the new account does? Couldn't they at least excell in that area, considering they'd have much higher skills and so they get more XP?

No thats the point.

Lets take account A B C

Account A is created and does the best xp in-game which is 10k/hr and plays for 10 hours.

Hes got 10k/hr xp rate

Month later Account B is made and a new update comes.

Both A & B do the new method that gives 20k/hr and play 10 hours.

Account A has 300k xp and 20hrs so 150k/hr

Account B has 200k xp and 10 hours so 200k/hr

Another month new best xp method and account C is made, new method is 30k hr all 3 do 10 hours

A 600k xp, 30 hours 20k/hr

B 500k xp 20 hours 25k/hr

C 300k xp 10 hours 30k/hr

Give A 20 hours more playtime:

1.2m xp 50 hours = 24k/hr

Another 40:

1.8m, 70 hrs = 25.7k/hr

Mathematically speaking the older account is always at a disadvantage unless they get significantly more play time in.

It means that as a general rule the older the account the lower the xp/hr is gonna be.

Ah, I see. Higher level accounts have access to much better training methods though, so they'll probably get like 100k xp/hr for fishing, let's say, compared to a new level 3 account fishing shrimp. Of course if everyone practices at the same rate of XP, the news guy's gonna win 'cause the vets have more hours, so you have to offset that with higher XP intake.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

75k exp per hour or so

my total level is crap compared to my overall exp

400m overall exp at 2340 total go me

am 8th most exp for 2340 total

lowest 2341 total has like half my exp

400m overall exp at 2310 total

6th highest for my total level

:P

Only 49,376 exp/hour though.

Moved to Questionnaires as the thread is more suitable there. :thumbup:

But on the subject, I believe my average is around 73k XP/HR. Started to log it weekly just for fun. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ah, I see. Higher level accounts have access to much better training methods though, so they'll probably get like 100k xp/hr for fishing, let's say, compared to a new level 3 account fishing shrimp. Of course if everyone practices at the same rate of XP, the news guy's gonna win 'cause the vets have more hours, so you have to offset that with higher XP intake.

On the other hand, older accounts had to train with much slower methods to get to that point. A player who got 99 fishing in 2005 did so with ~30k XP/hour at most, while a player today can reach up to 100k/hr. As time passes, it'll only get easier to get higher levels, because we'll get more toys to train with and more knowledge on how to best train with them.

But getting from level 1 > the fast xp method is really fast, so it doesn't offset the huge amount of extra hours an older account needs to match the xp/hr over its lifetime.

Plus new training methods that are faster exist in lower levels as well.

An old account may be doing 100k/hr fishing, but that lvl 3 fishing shrimp will get to the 100k/hr rate within maybe 30-40 hrs, where as the old account probably needs 100+ hours to offset their old slower xp rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Around 37k/h. I'm happy with that as it used to be much lower. Although IMO xp/hour is not that good of an indicator. People who played during RSC and early RS2 are obviously going to have an overall lower xp/h than newer accounts who had access to the fastest methods right from the start.

2480+ total

Around 37k/h. I'm happy with that as it used to be much lower. Although IMO xp/hour is not that good of an indicator. People who played during RSC and early RS2 are obviously going to have an overall lower xp/h than newer accounts who had access to the fastest methods right from the start.

This is a very good point. :)

i.e. People who trained Prayer by Ecto or straight burying as compared to POH.

Turnpikes.png

A lot higher than it was previously and higher than I expected it to be.

WOW! That's too freaky! I am at 41,428 xp/hr!

Must be all the Old School Slaying we have done. I too didn't expect mine to be this high, and it has gotten higher then it used to be.

Though, I suppose if you count my banked effigies right now that would tip the scales in my favor. ;) (unless you have 41 banked effigies to?!?!? Strange that its 41 to match my 'hourly xp' too...)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Must be all the Old School Slaying we have done. I too didn't expect mine to be this high, and it has gotten higher then it used to be.

Though, I suppose if you count my banked effigies right now that would tip the scales in my favor. ;) (unless you have 41 banked effigies to?!?!? Strange that its 41 to match my 'hourly xp' too...)

effigybank.png

So close! Brb going to kill some glgacors

effigybank.png

So close! Brb going to kill some glgacors

Yip. Just [cabbage] my pants. :thumbup: Brb, going to change. :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted