Will the increased respawn rates remain forever?

Leaf

As you may know, the respawn rates of some monsters increased dramatically since the triple Slay XP day, and since then has not reverted to normal. A monster killed in Kura's dungeon will respawn in like 5 seconds after death, even on 200-300 population worlds.

Will this remain like this?

What monsters have gotten the respawn rate bonus?

List so far:

-everything in Kura's dg

-Black demons in Tav

-Black dragons in Evil Chicken Lair

-Blue dragons in Tav and resource dg

-Hellhounds in Tav and resource dg

-Mutated bloodvelds

-Green dragons in CT

-Nechryael in CT

-Mithril dragons

Does NOT get bonus:

-Kalphites in Do No Evil cavern

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

Hellhounds in the resource dungeon, with absolute absolute certainty. On a 1600 world in the past I could cannon and max dps that task and would pretty much have to run around the entire room to keep my melee damage constantly going. Just yesterday I was on a 300 pop world with the same setup as always and I never left my cannon. That is literally how fast these little badboys were respawning... I think a 188 task was done in just under 15 minutes, whereas in the past 150 would have taken easily 20-25 minutes.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

It'll probably get changed back to normal after the DOMINION TOWER update. I don't think they were able to release a live patch (or were bothered) to increase the spawn times again after Triple Slayer day ended.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It'll probably get changed back to normal after the DOMINION TOWER update. I don't think they were able to release a live patch (or were bothered) to increase the spawn times again after Triple Slayer day ended.

Awww.... that would be bad...

Though there was a system update on Friday without the resawn rates being changed...

Slay your ass off until update day!

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

But there was a game update on wednesday which they would of put that into if it was needed; as they even said on tuesday there was a part 2 of the cluster thingie to come tomorrow

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, I wouldn't put it past them to completely forget, either :P

I think they should keep the rates in some areas since most worlds can't reach high up population for the best respawn times (considering most are under 500).

Green dragons in the CT were spawning rediculously fast yesterday, as in from killing blow to the time it took to run to the next dragon it had respawned.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Could this just be Jagex rewarding legitimate players? With a large portion of bots gone, it could be the case that they want to give people the chance to have good mid-level moneymakers like drags again.

A problem even without bots before was that spots were often crowded. Having 2-3 people at a 4 monster spawn was already too much. Now everyone can basically stick to 1 dragon and still get fast collection rates. Since not every single world is going to be jam-packed with bots, I'd feel the market would still be rather stable.

Could this just be Jagex rewarding legitimate players? With a large portion of bots gone, it could be the case that they want to give people the chance to have good mid-level moneymakers like drags again.

A problem even without bots before was that spots were often crowded. Having 2-3 people at a 4 monster spawn was already too much. Now everyone can basically stick to 1 dragon and still get fast collection rates. Since not every single world is going to be jam-packed with bots, I'd feel the market would still be rather stable.

That would be very nice of Jagex :thumbsup:

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

It is quite possible that this is a reward from Jagex for the players having to deal with bots for so long, but it is also possible that it was Jagex being forgetful. It might be similar to the infinite stock in shops across RS, and get changed a year or more after everybody had gotten used to it.

Hopefully it is a reward, though.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Honestly, with the general decrease in world populations, I think the increased spawn rates should stay, or else you're stuck waiting extreme amounts of time for monster respawns.

Also: Anything in the Slayer Tower, bloodvelds, crawling hands, etc. I think anything in the Slayer Dungeon east of Relleka(sp) as well.

Hopefully they realize how much more enjoyable it's making the game and decide to leave it as is. Now they just have to do the same thing for trees and rocks.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...