when I got to view new content it says no new content found

enfield

When I go to "View New Content" I'm also getting an error saying that there's none, which is obviously incorrect, the "View My Content" feature looks like it's broken too, it's stopped updated about the same time that "View New Content" stopped working.

Argh! Seeing it myself as well. Knowing my luck, it's an SQL bug or something like that. :(

~D. V. "Ow... I can't see a thing!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

View My Content works for me, but View New Content doesn't.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that although a list of content DOES come up for "View my Content", it does not properly update. For example, the list generated is old and it's not updating ALL my content, yet what already existed on that list does display new posts.

hzvjpwS.gif

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that although a list of content DOES come up for "View my Content", it does not properly update. For example, the list generated is old and it's not updating ALL my content, yet what already existed on that list does display new posts.

Indeed. It appears to be taking longer for new threads to be added.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Indeed. It appears to be taking extremely long for new threads to be added.

It is a little slow, yes.

Noticed that slowness myself also about the "View My Content" link. While annoying, I've lived with it because of far larger bugs with the Forum that, IMHO, should be handled first. Personally, I just chocked it up to trying to keeping everything functioning versus the SQL driver in the back workings of this Forum. (I've seen too many blowups from that crazy thing already...) That, and it has only been slow since the Forum Restore. My bet would be on a slowdown caused by some of the new security measures that would have been put on the Forum Server. :|

I'm pretty sure it will get worked out in proper order. Until then, patience and I will be good friends. Anyway, isn't this thread supposed to be about "View New Content", and not "View My Content"??? :o

~D. V. "IMHO, this ain't something to push... Bigger fish need frying first." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I'm pretty sure it will get worked out in proper order. Until then, patience and I will be good friends. Anyway, isn't this thread supposed to be about "View New Content", and not "View My Content"??? :o

I brought it up because if both are malfunctioning then the issue has to deal with the indexing of new content.

I brought it up because if both are malfunctioning then the issue has to deal with the indexing of new content.

Got it. BTW, it looks like the "View My Content" page is now totally malfunctioning as well. Updates have stopped altogether. :(

MageUK is away at runefest at the moment, but I'll make sure he gets a poke to check out this thread when he gets back. :)

Thanks, Tecmaster. Glad to hear your heads-up on it. :wub:

~Mr. D. V. "Don't ya just hate it when a problem starts to boil?" Devnull

Yeah view my content is way behind, my top thread is a post I made october 26th, and given I have an average of 3.68 posts a day on this account thats like 15 posts outdated already, minimum.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Peter will be back in a few hours so he'll probably look into this tomorrow at the latest.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This might be the problem:

Check your settings to make sure View New Content is set to "check content I have not yet read" instead of "content since my last visit." The prior works just fine. And sometimes it randomly switches back to content since last visit so even if you were on "content I have not yet read" before - check again.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Check your settings to make sure View New Content is set to "check content I have not yet read" instead of "content since my last visit." The prior works just fine. And sometimes it randomly switches back to content since last visit so even if you were on "content I have not yet read" before - check again.

Since this first started happening I made sure I had it switched over to 'content i have not read' and it still doesn't work.

hzvjpwS.gif

Since this first started happening I made sure I had it switched over to 'content i have not read' and it still doesn't work.

Plus its obvious a back-end issue since view my content has stopped functioning as well and that obv uses same logging/searching methods

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This should be sorted now and new content should be added to both View My Content & View New Content within 5 minutes.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say:

Thanks for the extra-fast repairs, Peter! We appreciate it a lot! Everything's back to full-kick working! :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Epic fix! Thanks!" Devnull

For clarification, before someone notices and decides that it's worth opening a topic saying it's a bug, View New Content will update every 5-10 minutes with new data. Viewing your own content, or indeed other users content specifically (ie. when you click "Find My Content" rather than using the search function to do it), will update every 24 hours.

For clarification, before someone notices and decides that it's worth opening a topic saying it's a bug, View New Content will update every 5-10 minutes with new data. Viewing your own content, or indeed other users content specifically (ie. when you click "Find My Content" rather than using the search function to do it), will update every 24 hours.

Thanks for the additional info. That explains why I had the feeling it was a little slow. :thumbsup:

Since the thought is poking my mind, is it possible to safely set the update for "View My Content" just a little quicker? Maybe 18 hours or 12 hours? Or, if the server can shrug it off, then 6 hours? Just asking, not trying to push. :idea: ;)

~D. V. "The weirdest things cross my brain..." Devnull

Thanks for the additional info. That explains why I had the feeling it was a little slow. :thumbsup:

Since the thought is poking my mind, is it possible to safely set the update for "View My Content" just a little quicker? Maybe 18 hours or 12 hours? Or, if the server can shrug it off, then 6 hours? Just asking, not trying to push. :idea: ;)

~D. V. "The weirdest things cross my brain..." Devnull

I'd agree, for such a useful tool 24 hour updates does seem rather slow!

I mean I know many users use it to keep track of their own posts and ongoing debates etc. Surely it could be substantially faster than 24 hours? I mean if content is being catalogued every 5-10mins anyway for view new content, why can't that same data inform view my content etc.?

Plv6Dz6.jpg