Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

02-Nov-2011 - Log-in and Frame-rate Issues

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab

We’re aware that some of you have been experiencing ongoing difficulty accessing the game, and that some of you in-game have noticed a reduced frame rate. Our first priority is to fix these problems as soon as we can.

Later today, we’ll be implementing a temporary measure that will allow users experiencing log-in problems to access RuneScape, while we work on implementing a long-term solution.

Meanwhile, we’re engaged in rigorous optimisation testing across all graphics modes to resolve the frame-rate problem. This is vital if we are to get to the root of the issue and ensure a permanent, all-encompassing fix for all users. We’ll put this in place as soon as we possibly can.

We apologise for any disruption that these technical issues may be causing you. Please have patience and rest assured that resolving these issues quickly is of foremost importance to us.

Please ask any questions you may have on our technical forums.

The RuneScape Team

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
They've also released a list of potential fixes on the RSOF: QFC: 25-26-423-63319466

Long post, includes mininmum system requirements and a list of unsupported operating systems

and this on page 194 of that same thread:

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop you an update on what has been happening and what we're still working extremely hard on.

Logging in past lobby
As I'm sure most of you will be aware we deployed a temporary fix last night at around 10pm GMT time. This does appear to have resolved this particular issue for many players but we're going to continue looking for a more permanent fix.

Loading Delays
We introduced another update that focused on optimising the engine to reduce the loading times that seem to have increased. This seems to have gone successfully but something we're still looking to improve.

Lag/Frame Rates
We've seen a decrease in frame rates whilst in game which is causing unnecessary lag for many players. This is a huge priority to us and, again, our Engine team will be working late to produce fixes to try and rectify this.

Interface Delays
Another bug that you guys have brought to our attention. This is something else that is specifically being focused on. It is also being incorporated into further reduction in loading times, but something we would like to bring back to normal asap.

Membership
Our Billing team are happy to recredit membership time that was unable to be used properly due to these technical difficulties. Click here to view the thread

We really appreciate your patience in all these matters. We hope you will have noticed the numerous updates we've been doing over the past couple of days, and we'll continue doing so until we have the game back to the way we all love it.

btw - the link to the thread about getting credits for membership time people weren't able to play doesn't work.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

btw - the link to the thread about getting credits for membership time people weren't able to play doesn't work.

Couldn't help but snicker when you said that. Even still, the fact that they are willing to refund even a small portion of time people weren't able to play is a huge change from the past. I'm impressed to see it, honestly.

hzvjpwS.gif

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
It's only a day, but I want my membership credit!

Tecmaster
[ Display Name History ]

Tecmaster

The Engineer

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • RSN:TecMaster532
Wow, I've never seen Jagex actually refund membership due to technical issues before. This is certainly a new one from them, although I'm glad to see it.

QFC: 25-26-158-63343716 <- RSOF thread.

lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
Sounds like a pretty nice gesture. It's going to be an insignificant amount, but the thought behind it is what counts. Posted Image

~ W ~

Posted Image

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
I've been getting terrible loading times. And I know it's not the game putting too much strain on my computer because it takes the same amount of time to load on low as it does on max.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT

I've been getting terrible loading times. And I know it's not the game putting too much strain on my computer because it takes the same amount of time to load on low as it does on max.

Same here. I tried putting my setting on absolute shit level and I still get crappy loading times and FPS ranging in the 10-15 area. Usually I'm not one to care about frames per second, but 10 is rather absurd. I'd kill (virgins this time?) to have a steady 25 at this point.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
Every time I get into RS, it loads the cache from 0 to 100, even though I haven't erased it o.O

Posted Image

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Wow, I've never seen Jagex actually refund membership due to technical issues before. This is certainly a new one from them, although I'm glad to see it.

QFC: 25-26-158-63343716 <- RSOF thread.

Well, I had a friend who couldn't access the game for a week because of some changes to the engine, he did get that week back in extended membership. :s And that was in 2005-2006.

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
I think the update a little while earlier was supposed to have tried to fix some of this lag and frame skip issues...but i'm still having it :(
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Merre
[ Display Name History ]

Merre

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Clan:ANTI COE
I'm suffering terrible lag. Very strange since my ping is really low (15ms on the world I'm playing atm) I only get around 19-20fps.
Some people in clan only get 5fps, so that's even worse. Very strange, my pc is a gaming pc & my internet is 8MB Dsl, so the problem at Jagex obviously isn't fixed yet.

Before I couldn't play decently due to bots, now I can't play decently since the removal of bots. How ironic :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
Switching from software to open gl bumped by fps by 15.
Playing gop on air altar in resize all bells and whistles off was ~6fps, switch to opengl and back to 20s.

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Are you talking about lag or low FPS here? My FPS has reduced to 25% of the amount it was before, and I can't even get past lobby after the Dominion tower update. Seems that you guys are talking about low performance but still use the term lag, which means it takes horribly long for the server to complete your action input (i.e. moving around the map, how long it takes after the click that the character moves)
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Are you talking about lag or low FPS here?

Lag is the common issue, not dropped FPS. It makes dungeoneering door-lag unbearable, for example.

hzvjpwS.gif

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror
Could someone please post my name to the thread because I cannot do it as I am permanently banned from the forums.

My RSN is Don Auror

Ty in advance <3

P.S. Love you Jagex for refunding lost membership days <3

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Playing RuneScape with 3 FPS = epic.
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
This issue seems so random.

My uber desktop only getting like 5fps
My mac that usually runs rs much worse is getting 20-30fps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
Got 9fps on my mac but I can play normal, although I have been having loading lagg for half a year or so...

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
I checked this morning and my 5 year old laptop (with integrated graphics no less) was getting 20-30fps, but it's still taking a long time to load when I change locations or move across the map.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users