15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I make my voice heard with my money. I was a regular member since it came out. With a blip here and there for different stuff, usually less than a 2 week lapse. I haven't had members since March or April. I don't intend to get it any time soon. I play a little when I have the time.

Once again, by quitting you end up leaving the problem as it is. That may work for some people and that's cool. You don't solve the problem, but you don't have to deal with it either. I stick around because I want to stay involved as long as I can stand it.

Rofl your earlier comments make it sound like you've quit based on what's going on *recently* in response to my post and it reads intentionally so. Sounds to me like you quit simply because you don't have the time to play anyway.

No, even when I had no time I still had a membership because when I did play I like the p2p game. Based on how Jagex has conducted themselves I will not suscribe and give them money. That's how it is.

Do I play less as a f2p then I would as a p2p member. Yeah, probably. I'm not quitting because I hope to outlast the regime of MMG, though it's not likely.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

No the most active thing anyone can do is to leave altogether and try something new and do something they like. It drops your support completely from the product. Truth be told I don't expect anyone to quit because of this as it's all the usual hot air in the community.

Oh I don't worry about what you guys should do............I think some are quite....well....weird. They would rather sit there and have this festering attitude towards Jagex while still playing either F2P or P2P. I've never known anything like it. It's actually quite entertaining fascinating.

Festering about what? Not receiving something for free? I mean, that's the most ridiculous thing about this. It's not like they even did anything to 'purchase' the right to a hiscores table in the first place.

I've posted four or five times I think in this thread so far and all I've heard in return is armchair gamers try and give me advice on long-term business strategy. The concept that F2Pers who have never given a penny to Jagex (completely out of personal choice) might not want to become P2P any more is laughable enough, more still when you point out that very few of the people bellyaching here are really going to walk away now. But crucially, not once has anyone on this thread justified the key tenet to the pro-F2P point of view: that Jagex have any obligation whatsoever to offer a key feature of their biggest website in good faith, in return for sweet FA.

No the most active thing anyone can do is to leave altogether and try something new and do something they like. It drops your support completely from the product. Truth be told I don't expect anyone to quit because of this as it's all the usual hot air in the community.

Oh I don't worry about what you guys should do............I think some are quite....well....weird. They would rather sit there and have this festering attitude towards Jagex while still playing either F2P or P2P. I've never known anything like it. It's actually quite entertaining fascinating.

Festering about what? Not receiving something for free? I mean, that's the most ridiculous thing about this. It's not like they even did anything to 'purchase' the right to a hiscores table in the first place.

I've posted four or five times I think in this thread so far and all I've heard in return is armchair gamers try and give me advice on long-term business strategy. The concept that F2Pers who have never given a penny to Jagex (completely out of personal choice) might not want to become P2P any more is laughable enough, more still when you point out that very few of the people bellyaching here are really going to walk away now. But crucially, not once has anyone on this thread justified the key tenet to the pro-F2P point of view: that Jagex have any obligation whatsoever to offer a key feature of their biggest website in good faith, in return for sweet FA.

Okay, in the name of costs and business, I do not think that the revenue generated by this action is worth that amount of bad publicity and negativity that will come with it. Like the thing with Bank of America and the 5 dollar debit fee. After the backlash, it wasn't worth the money and they decided not to implement it.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Again, a response based purely on guesses and speculation about Jagex's long-term business model. You don't even know how much it cost to keep F2Pers in the hiscores in the first place, do you? How the hell can you calculate whether the potential loss in revenue outweighs the cost savings when you can't even work out what the costs were, and you're only speculating, at very best, how much damage this move will actually cause to people who are willing to pay in the first place.

I'm not asking for a business argument... I'm asking you to tell me why F2P players have any right to expect a key service from Jagex for absolutely nothing, when everyone else has to pay for the exact same treatment.

Again, a response based purely on guesses and speculation about Jagex's long-term business model. You don't even know how much it cost to keep F2Pers in the hiscores in the first place, do you? How the hell can you calculate whether the potential loss in revenue outweighs the cost savings when you can't even work out what the costs were, and you're only speculating, at very best, how much damage this move will actually cause to people who are willing to pay in the first place.

I'm not asking for a business argument... I'm asking you to tell me why F2P players have any right to expect a key service from Jagex for absolutely nothing, when everyone else has to pay for the exact same treatment.

They don't. But taking away things that f2p has had since the game began sets a bad precedent I think. When they do that, it means that anything could happen next. Limiting how long f2p can play in a 24 hour period? Not likely, but if the high scores go it's possible.

If this goes through I will stop paying for members and will quit. I am not gonna continue to pay for a game that punishes it's free members .. that is where everyone starts and if u can't see your rank and kill lookup for f2p. Members all ready have enough bonus to constitute a upgrade. Taking away highscores all together is just stupid

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Posting this here too:

62564.strip.gif

Replace "fire r&d department" with "kill f2p game"

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

They don't. But....

But nothing. They don't. Case closed.

So why are trying to create an argument on your side when you can't even justify the most key, basic principle to your point of view?

...taking away things that f2p has had since the game began sets a bad precedent I think.

And if Jagex decide to do that, I'll just carbon-copy repeat the past few posts. What right do F2P players have to argue, when they're not doing anything in return to deserve the service in the first place?

F2P players make the game. If enough people dnt like this then where are future members coming from? Alot of members and free members alike dnt like this so u really believe anyone is going to spread word about the game if there is no one happy with how it is run. First rule of business is the customers make you not the other way around.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Mfw jagex removes bots :thumbsup: :pray:

Mfw Jagex removes Dicing :thumbsup:

Mfw jagex removes f2p's existance :thumbsup: wait a sec :blink: :blink: :blink: :angry: :angry: :angry: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :x :x

well done jagex, you've dumped even more shit on f2p, despite not having updated them for god knows how many years, and, in addition, you've lost 75% the respect I had for you.

also, stop with the "NO PAY, NO PLAY" rubbish. If thats what you really beleive, go back to rsof. F2p has a right to play properly, and honestly, jagex needs to stop neglecting them, and actually give f2p something more to play for.

For example=make green dragons, and granite gear f2p. This will increase the cash f2p can get, and make becoming a member more attractive.

Perhaps, in addition make 1-2 p2p stats trainable to about 30-40 on f2p, to give them a taste of member ship. :-o :-o

meamzed.png

They don't. But....

But nothing. They don't. Case closed.

So why are trying to create an argument on your side when you can't even justify the most key, basic principle to your point of view?

...taking away things that f2p has had since the game began sets a bad precedent I think.

And if Jagex decide to do that, I'll just carbon-copy repeat the past few posts. What right do F2P players have to argue, when they're not doing anything in return to deserve the service in the first place?

That was never my arugment or point I was trying to make slick. That was other people. My point is mostly about doing what you say and saying what you do. If you compare what they say and what they do it is wildly hypocritical.

What I want from them is to be honest. The reasons for they gave for their decision to do this is total crap. I wanna know the real reason. If it's a good one, then cool.

And, at present, I don't think doing this is worth the backlash. That is of course speculation. All opinions are speculation based on your personal judgement. Your opinion/speculation is that doing this is no big deal. My opinion/speculation is that it's not worth it.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that there's a significant group of F2P players who may possibly have been thinking about the P2P version of the game, who are going to be so incensed by all of this that they'll now not do so? The main group of people this'll screw over are people who have been F2P for donkey's years and conscientiously decided not to pay for it, even though they could pay and stay on free worlds. I hate to break it to you: this group of people will never pay unless they're made to.

I mean, you talk about F2Pers quitting... quitting what, exactly? They were never customers anyway, they were freeloaders. If I walk into my local ASDA store, do they give me some vegetables for free in the hope I might buy some chicken to go with it? Perhaps some of you would argue that if they did it would be "basic business sense". :roll:

Why does everyone always have to feel so entitled? The "it's not your game" argument applies here, especially because you don't even pay for it. Either way, it's just highscores, I bet most of you hardly ever used them. Don't worry, you'll survive.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

What I am trying to say is that if you give a person a taste of chocolate, they're gona want more. Sure,some won't wana buy it, but, membership does only cost as much as a bar of Toblerone :rolleyes: and if you know what it is like, you'll want more.

meamzed.png

Are you seriously trying to suggest that there's a significant group of F2P players who may possibly have been thinking about the P2P version of the game, who are going to be so incensed by all of this that they'll now not do so? The main group of people this'll screw over are people who have been F2P for donkey's years and conscientiously decided not to pay for it, even though they could pay and stay on free worlds. I hate to break it to you: this group of people will never pay unless they're made to.

I mean, you talk about F2Pers quitting... quitting what, exactly? They were never customers anyway, they were freeloaders. If I walk into my local ASDA store, do they give me some vegetables for free in the hope I might buy some chicken to go with it? Perhaps some of you would argue that if they did it would be "basic business sense". :roll:

How did a browser based game with shitty graphics become so popular?

If Jagex's original business model for RuneScape sucked so bad, why are game developers everywhere starting to emulate it?

Free players give runescape two things - word of mouth, and an ease into a game that doesn't look very fun. If Jagex cuts out the free segment of runescape, then certainly they'll save money short term, but long term their game won't survive.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

How did a browser based game with shitty graphics become so popular?

If Jagex's original business model for RuneScape sucked so bad, why are game developers everywhere starting to emulate it?

Free players give runescape two things - word of mouth, and an ease into a game that doesn't look very fun. If Jagex cuts out the free segment of runescape, then certainly they'll save money short term, but long term their game won't survive.

I'm with Ginger_Warrior on this one :thumbup:

Are you suggesting that if McDonalds (for example) stop giving kids free toys with their meals their business would collapse? It is a big enough game to stand alone without 'free samples' or free play if you prefer, you said it yourself...others are emulating RS, point made: it doesn't actually need to give out freebies anymore. The free game is a bonus, an 'extra'. As for RS rs being a game that doesn't look fun, that's just your personal view, I think it looks and is a lot of fun and I love the graphics.

35cq0q9.png

I mean, you talk about F2Pers quitting... quitting what, exactly? They were never customers anyway, they were freeloaders.

Never customers at all? Who were the players that made Runescape so successful in the first place? Who were the ones that spread the word around to so many people, effectively giving free advertising? Who views ads while playing to help cover part of the server costs? How many new members do you think Jagex are going to get if the F2P game slowly dwindles and dies down to nothing? F2P made the game what it was today, downplaying them is leaving out an essential part of the what the game was built around.

If I walk into my local ASDA store, do they give me some vegetables for free in the hope I might buy some chicken to go with it? Perhaps some of you would argue that if they did it would be "basic business sense". :roll:

Your comparing apples with oranges there. A better example would be; do stores give out free trials to make you buy more? Yes of course they do, it happens all the time.

Your comparing apples with oranges there. A better example would be; do stores give out free trials to make you buy more? Yes of course they do, it happens all the time.

But they don't give them out forever, they are usually given for a brief time, nor do you hear customers asking for bigger and better free samples and for recognition that they have 'sampled' their goods.....talk about apples and oranges!

35cq0q9.png

RS is not big enough to stand on its own. Without f2p it would not have stood out in the past especially with the rsc graphic being so bad even back then. The graphic has improved in rs2 but so have the graphics of countless other online games. I was personally f2p for many years before becoming member and if RS was a limited trial or no trial I would never have become a member.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

But they don't give them out forever, they are usually given for a brief time, nor do you hear customers asking for bigger and better free samples and for recognition that they have 'sampled' their goods.....talk about apples and oranges!

No but they do change what types of free samples they give out. That's why you can't really compare a game to a store. You don't see Jagex giving out trials of the cooking skill one day and then fletching the next.

Taking away the highscores is almost like a store saying "We've scrapped our rewards point system so you lose all your points". Yes it's not an essential thing to have, but taking away something that's been available for so long is going to hurt your customer base.

Also Mod Emilee posted an FAQ thread on the forums if anyone wants to read:

[qfc]16-17-732-63382107[/qfc]

"As a F2P player, the hi-scores inspired me to become a member as I liked to regularly monitor my rankings. Dont you think that the removal of this motivation will lower the member conversion?

It is very easy to check the hi-scores now because we removed all the dormant and botted accounts from it making them more relevant and therefore enticing players to check them even more frequently."

Politician answer, avoided answering the member conversion issue. It will lower the member conversion but by how much we don't know.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

[qfc]16-17-732-63382107[/qfc]

I am completely unsatisfied with that faq. It's nothing but cop-outs, generalizations and shoddy logic.

^ this, whole thing was built of waffle excuses, and all poisonus maple sugar.

What a load of shit excuses, well done jagex.

meamzed.png