13 - Dec - 2011 The Flash Powder Factory

Carl

:-? Bought the boots last night, will get the gloves today for sure. And although the boots are supposed to help with the obstacles, it seems I fail more wearing them than I did my old rogue boots. <_<

Best time for me so far is ~6 minutes for a little over 500 for score. Pure luck though because the pillars weren't that far away for the whole session.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's not worth a new topic:

Hi,

In order to fix a number of bugs, we will be doing another system update in about 1 hour-ish. This should hopefully fix:

- Dungeoneering crash bug

- Issues with a number of people being unable to load the client (with a java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError in their java console)

- Bug stopping the turning on of high levels of particles

Thanks,

Mod Philip

I find it quite odd that they're doing an update at midnight. I don't think I've ever noticed an update being that late (even if it's just a bugfix).

Been doing flash powder factory in the wee hours of the night for the last few days.

Because FPF is much faster when crowding is down to a minimum.

The first time I myself I got 468 reward points in 28 min.

I'll try again tonight and vid it now that my fraps is working again.

Naaxi.png

thanks to they're "fix", they managed to get my rs client showing the exact message hey said they were fixing. also, by the sounds of it, a huge number of people, (including me) are unable to load rs on any browser..... honestly jagex, why the f--k cant you god damn TEST YOUR (CABBAGING) SHITTY fixes which don't even work.

really annoying >.>

meamzed.png

While low people amounts (like say, using an alternate language server to get into an alternate language shard world) does make things faster sometimes, the funnel charging centers rely on more people being present in order to activate.

8f14270694.jpg

they should reall focus on fixing client instead of bringing new features (= bugs)

so many ppl gets different crashes, java errors, low fps, graphical glitches and other problems now

yet they bother to fix some grammar errors in quests etc and forget more important things completely.

I guess their motto starting to be more common now "if its not broken, break it"

Update FAQ:

How many instanced worlds are available for Flash Factory?

Mod Moltare: Brians game-starting has access to all of our shard worlds, central servers into which we can draw players from all the various home worlds. Each can have 2,000 players on at once, and each Factory can hold 25, so when one Factory game is full another simply starts up on the next available shard, which ensures that we dont need to limit players to a single designated minigame world (official or unofficial).

What is the purpose of the multi-tool reward now that the tool belt has been released?

Mod Moltare: At the moment, its only in the shop because its an amusing curiosity, a keepsake of the past. Obviously, the original function as an all-purpose things you may need when questing device is now more or less entirely defunct (unless you want a stack of ropes). Id like to make it do something more useful at some point in the future, so feel free to post (in the Suggestions forum) what youd like to see it capable of...

What are the bonus rates of the Factor Robes?

Mod Moltare: Each one works slightly differently. The helmet reduces the chance of finding nothing in rubble by 15%, spreading that 15% around the other outcomes; the body simply gives you an extra 2 minutes on entering the game, and the legs an extra 50% catalyst on entering; the boots reduce your failure rate on obstacles by approximately 30% (relative to the old failure rate, not as a flat percentage) and the gloves give a flat 10% improvement to pickpocket success. Wearing the full set also increases your score for each batch of powder by 10% if that batch is worth at least 120 already.

How does a 75 Thieving manage to steal from someone with 99 on their first try? Do Thieving levels matter at all?

Mod Moltare: Success rates while pickpocketing depend on two factors: Whether youre wearing the Factory gloves, and how many sets of apparatus you have as compared to your opponent. Those with more apparatus are more vulnerable to having it nicked; those with less are more likely to succeed in a thieving attempt.

Can we expect more updates to this minigame?

Mod Moltare: As with any content update, Ill be keeping an eye on reward rates, scores gained and so forth and reading player feedback; if something needs tuning Ill tune it. Im unlikely to be adding whole new features any time soon unless theres a very convincing reason to do so, though.

Why didn't the old rogue outfit get a graphical update?

Mod Moltare: The old rogue outfits value is entirely historical. Reworking it would detract from that old-school quality.

With the graphical revamp of the old Rogues' Den location, will you soon update the graphics of Burthorpe?

Mod Moltare: Our graphics team want to rework everything everywhere forever; much like painting the Forth Bridge, its a task that doesnt end, since once they finish a round of reworks they want to start again on the first thing they did. No doubt Burthorpes time will come at some point, although I cant name dates. ;)

Why didn't you update the ice part in the north of the Wilderness?

Mod Alex R: It was a tough decision to make, but in the end it was felt that compared to the rest of the Wilderness the frozen region wasnt in as much desperate need of attention so it had to be omitted for now. However, we are of the same opinion that it could still do with a lick of polish, watch this space.

The new look of the river at Edgeville looks amazing! Could you consider this detail of the heighting and land at other rivers where possible?

Mod Alex R: Im really glad this has been well received, we used the Wilderness update as an opportunity to prototype this new way of dealing with river banks in order to gauge a response. Rest assured that this will be appearing more and more across the game world with each subsequent update.

Why did you only update the lava graphics on the surface and not in dungeons?

Mod Alex R: Given the sheer size of the Wilderness surface alone we had to limit what we could cover with this one update. Simply adding the new lava to the existing dungeon squares would have looked a little bizarre, so we will be giving them all the TLC they deserve as part of a future release. Hopefully sooner than you might expect.

Nobody seemed to mention this: rogue armor function similarly to the new armor in the Factory. I got extra catalysts and time when I started with the set, and I assume the other effects work, but they aren't exactly "visible". Not sure if the set bonus for the potions works for it, though.

I'm still (after all these years) missing those damn rogue gloves! Shame I'll never get the chance to get them the old fashioned way. Those damn wall safes are taunting me, always gave me so many garbage rogue tools, and now they're totally useless anyway!

P.S. Has anyone tried to mix-n-match rogue and factory gear? I could afford the factory gloves, but I'm not sure if the effects would clash in any way.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I think individual pieces work, so you could just get a set of factory gloves and you'll have all the factory effects. They don't do anything herblore related out of the minigame, and I'm not sure if you get the full set score boost when you mix and match rogue and factory.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think individual pieces work, so you could just get a set of factory gloves and you'll have all the factory effects. They don't do anything herblore related out of the minigame, and I'm not sure if you get the full set score boost when you mix and match rogue and factory.

From what I've heard the full set score bonus only works with factory, not rogues.

And yeah herblore effects outside are factory only.

Apprently unf xp is roughly the same as herb cleaning, so not a lot but it'll sure add up over time. Same way the dg scroll doesn't save a lot in 1 go but it adds up in time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am super glad I decided to finally get the full rouge set a month or so back. Back then I just wanted to be able to store it all in my house, but now its almost impossible to obtain by the look of things. I've only seen ruble a couple times in the factory in probably 3 hours spent there, and I am under the impression that rouge gear is not a common gain from it.

I think the factory might be my new agility trainer. I think I can probably manage at least close to 60k an hour on a regular basis, and if it means not being bored out of my skull trying to click on the tiny weeny, itty bitty click spots on ape atoll, then hallelujah!

Apparently through a glitch (I'm not sure if it still works), but one guy managed 184M Thieving XP & 176M Agility Xp today.

His account was maxed, what a waste of an account.

Apparently he just got rolled back the amount of xp he gained....