20-December-2011 Christmas Event

Cheefoo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewards is a Christmas Wand (Like a fairy wand) It lets you toss things on people by left clicking. A silly emote and a toy worm pet if you're a member.

Anyone know the snowman rewards they talked about?

I think Christmas Events are my new favorite in RS at least. :P

The graphics throughout the event were awesome and I got in a really christmasy mood by doing the event.

Sparkles is my new favorite pet as well, if not only because his hat matches mine. Told him he should keep it and not give it back.

Loved every bit. Good'un Jagex. :thumbsup:

Rather liked the snow emitter puzzle. The other puzzles were fun too, but not as think-y.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Snakey does not eat anything (it's a piece of tinsel) and can play a number guessing game.

He does not move very fast like he did when you're chasing him.

Tips for snow of the ancients game:

- The combat triangle USUALLY works.

- Mages can attack from behind other units. Attacks should always have a mage in the rear.

- If the other side is building, you can spy on their snowpile and counter them.

- Call people over to help you if you anticipate trouble.

- The snowglobe is a backhanded yet effective way to refill.

- Snowballs HEAL. A group of people using them can turn a near matched battle around, but building is usually more important.

- The game has several glitches. Try not to let them get to you. Or telegraph a blocked lane.

- Seriously, if you just spam neverending mages, you'll win anyway, although it's slower sometimes.

8f14270694.jpg

The screen in the lobby reads 'Merry Christmas, Adventurer...'

Interesting...while I have no issue with a Christmas themed event, I'd like to believe that we have moved past the day and age when Merry Christmas is shouted blindly. At least where I'm from, it has nearly entirely been phased out for the more politically correct greeting of 'Happy Holidays'. Regardless, I'll check out the event and discuss my opinion now.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Any word on the DirectX/Bloom/AA bug?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The screen in the lobby reads 'Merry Christmas, Adventurer...'

Interesting...while I have no issue with a Christmas themed event, I'd like to believe that we have moved past the day and age when Merry Christmas is shouted blindly. At least where I'm from, it has nearly entirely been phased out for the more politically correct greeting of 'Happy Holidays'. Regardless, I'll check out the event and discuss my opinion now.

Are you actually serious? I can't believe how bad political correctness is these days. I don't condone any kind of racism or religious prejudice but wow.

Sylpheed.png

Christmas is entirely a Christian concept, so in a country where religion is throw around like basketball in a court, it would be wiser to use 'Happy Holidays'. Countries that have less issues with it (Like mine) or are overwhelmingly majority of its inhabitants are Christian, Merry Christmas is used more often.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Christmas is entirely a Christian concept, so in a country where religion is throw around like basketball in a court, it would be wiser to use 'Happy Holidays'. Countries that have less issues with it (Like mine) or are overwhelmingly majority of its inhabitants are Christian, Merry Christmas is used more often.

What? Jagex is an English company. Considering Christianity is the prevalent and most practiced religion here I really don't see why Christmas should be referred to as 'the holidays'. If anything, saying that they should change it to that could just as easily be seen as disrespectful.

Sylpheed.png

*Points across the Atlantic*

Anyway, I think we are going off topic here

tim_chenw2.png

Not entirely correct, I mean Christmas originally and still today is there to celebrate the birth and renewal of the sun and it's course. It's originally a Pagan festival that over time Christians have adopted. That being said, with the increase of non-religious people in the world (like myself) the holiday has become more than anything a way of life and somewhat just a family event.

Political correctness goes over the top, I understand that words change over time but "Merry Christmas" more than anything has actually become a slogan rather than a welcoming gesture.

As for the event,

i really liked it. Loved the snow floor puzzle, would actually like to see that in game. Like a clue scroll challenge. I heard there is a handful of hidden rewards, this true?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

I heard there is a handful of hidden rewards, this true?

There are a ton compared to the usual. I was amazed at all the little additions they released. :P

The only real permanent reward is the Emote + two items you get though. The hidden stuff is just for fun.

There are a ton compared to the usual. I was amazed at all the little additions they released. :P

The only real permanent reward is the Emote + two items you get though. The hidden stuff is just for fun.

Name me some things i should be checking out?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

This was the funniest Christmas event since I blew kisses at Ebenezer Scourge (which made my kids laugh like crazy :grin: ).

The cut scene where I went all Matrix. :lol: "Sometimes he even cooks with the wine." :lol: So much lol. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Name me some things i should be checking out?

Christmas Graphics have been added to:

Daemonheim, Rellekka, Falador Park, Ardougne Market, Draynor Market and The Grand Exchange.

If you talk to Kris after the event, he gives you a Jar full of Christmas Spirit. Use it on other players for a Guthan's Spear effect.

You can grab more Dwarven Spice (Gunpowder) from the Kitchen after the event. Not sure what use it has.

You can Battle with Snowmen in the Battlefield area.

If you have an Ice Amulet, you can Summon your Snow Imp and wish him a Merry Christmas.

You can get some funny conversations if you talk to the people around the Banquet tables.

Catch Sparkles and play "Guess a number" with it.

You may find Snowmen wandering around Runescape. Only source I have of drops from the Snowmen is someone from the RSOF saying they drop snowballs.