Mousekeys

Anonymous

After the introduction of the toolbelt update, additional options have been added when right-clicking numerous things.

As all of you probably know, mousekeys have been used to quickly drop items in your inventory, usually while skilling.

I recently went to Otto's grotto to do some leapfishing and once my inventory was full, I right-clicked a fish and noticed that a "Cut"-option had been added. I then increased the length of which the mousekeys jumped, but then, because of the extra length, I noticed that you skipped approximately every other fish.

Have a lot of skilling techniques been ruined because of this? Am I missing something?

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just use ahk and switch

mousemove, 0, 40, Relative

with

mousemove, 0, 60, Relative

I have no idea what that means. Do you know a video that can explain that for me?

Download Autohotkeys (I'm sure it's not a good idea to give a link in here for it, just google it)

Open notepad and type

z::
mousemove, 0, 60, Relative
return

Save it in .ahk format (for example test.ahk) and start the file.

When you press Z the mouse will move with 60 pixels down from your current position. If you want to use another key, replace Z with it (for example F1:: )

I'll just clarify: AHK is not against the forum rules nor the Jagex rules as far as I know. Scripts that violate the 1:1 rule are.

According to Mod Timo, the particular use above is 'against the spirit of the game' (as confirmed by PM to one of our staff members).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'll just clarify: AHK is not against the forum rules nor the Jagex rules as far as I know. Scripts that violate the 1:1 rule are.

According to Mod Timo, the particular use above is 'against the spirit of the game' (as confirmed by PM to one of our staff members).

Screw them, removing f2p highscores is against the spirit of the game too. AHK is a great tool.

crossed_body.png

So I can post this because it's 1:1 right?

ok it's gone

Please don't get angry if I'm wrong.

Edited by Hedgehog

Press a button and it moves the mouse to a slayer monster? I like it. Lol.

Not against the rules so long as it doesn't move and click with MButton. I've not tried it as I can't get on RuneScape ATM, but I will later.

I have to fix MouseMoveEllipse as well. Too sloppy. Going to make it calculate the path and then move rather then calculate as it's moving, which is what it does now...

It's funny though, when there was that big deal about my RS_Functions, Jagex said the things my functions could do were bannable. Things like pressing the F2 key to instantly enable quick prayers. Then, months later, they announce their action-bar which, when released, will do the exact same thing!

GG Jagex.

09144a99bb.png

Ya it just moves it to the slayer monster.

But you can make it left click, or even right click for those high leveled monsters, with 2 clicks. But let's keep that on the down low.

I'm also rewriting the script, cuz there's a lot wrong with it.

Jagex can call your functions illegal as much as they like Stev, they can't legally scan for programs running outside of their clients and unless they added some wizardry since I last played with the clients, all clicks are treated the same

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Ya it just moves it to the slayer monster.

But you can make it left click, or even right click for those high leveled monsters, with 2 clicks. But let's keep that on the down low.

I'm also rewriting the script, cuz there's a lot wrong with it.

If you need a hand with it, I know 1 or 2 things about AHK. You know how to PM me. :P.

09144a99bb.png

I haven't done any testing on other skills, but the update made doing teaks without low alch more practical. Since the left click option is light, you can left click any number of logs within 4 ticks and they'll all be dropped; as long as you click the tree within 4 ticks, you can essentially drop any number of logs if you're quick enough.

They really should make the toolbelt optional (or at least removable), at any rate, and "the spirit of the game" is no true justification for why this isn't the case.

Edwin_Hubble.png

just 3 tick, it's better anyways and doesnt take long to get used to

use 2 and then + with both left and right mouseclicks activated once you have your first set of eggs in your inv.

most mousekeys things still work fine, only a few things were messed up, alts still work.

excuse my shameless self plugs

Not legal.

These are some examples of third party software we ask you not to use:

Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.

Since your script doesn't require an input from the player about the location of the slayer monster, it automatically moves the mouse pointer. Simple. Absolute movement isn't allowed.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It doesn't interact with the game at all. The player hits a button and it looks for a range of colors, which is defined by the player. Does that change anything?

btw, sorry for posting that if it is in fact against the rules.

Not legal.

These are some examples of third party software we ask you not to use:

Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.

Since your script doesn't require an input from the player about the location of the slayer monster, it automatically moves the mouse pointer. Simple. Absolute movement isn't allowed.

keyboard and mouse drivers generate input into the game applet

i guess we can't use those anymore while playing rs

It doesn't interact with the game at all. The player hits a button and it looks for a range of colors, which is defined by the player. Does that change anything?

btw, sorry for posting that if it is in fact against the rules.

Basically, the script should only recieve inputs from the player. A key part of automation is that it completes the cycle from observation to processing to action without human intervention, the action leading to a change in the environment (game) which leads to new observations.

Which brings us to Losing Games's point that mouse drivers generate input. They don't do so automatically, as there is a player doing the observation and processing.

The rule isn't explicit about automatic vs. generic input. I assume that is either an oversight or a way to outlaw basically anything should the need arise.