Mousekeys

Anonymous

So, would this be a good rule of thumb: if you can operate the script with your eyes closed, it's against the rules?

That's one of several checks that would indicate illegal scripts. I prefer the absolute/relative movement guideline. There's probably scripts that you can't operate with your closed that are still illegal as well, so you'll have to check for that as well (automatic clicks or something).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how far tip.it has fell to be handing out scripts that play for you and the general attitude that you deserve a leg up on the adverage player. Seems like something you would expect to see on RSBuddy before the bot nuke.

Pretty horrible thb.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Except that there aren't any illegal/botting scripts here...

I don't think there are any players who believe they 'deserve a leg up on the average player'. Mostly there are people playing the wrong game (e.g. botting and hoping the end game is more fun) and people who dislike the controls. Anyone who has done mining+superheating+dropping for a while knows that getting rid of items is really very hard compared to obtaining said item. I personally don't use mousekeys for dropping, but I'd totally love a left-click drop (or ctrl-click drop or something).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I guess I must have misread Hedge's comment about his script finding colors and acting without the player searching for it. Sorry, Just sounded a lot like a weak color bot to me. I would disagree about the leg up comment simply because of the fact people are reaching out for 3rd party programs that give them in game advantage that others don't have. A left click drop would be awesome however Jagex decided not to include it, sadly giving those who do use 3rd party software an impressive advantage.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

The + key is allowed, a J mod confirmed on the forums at some point.

What is this?

Ah, I see. Thank you.

The + key is allowed, a J mod confirmed on the forums at some point.

What is this?

For mousekeys, the + button is a double click, which would break the 1:1 rule, but it's been noted as an exception by Jmods.

Technically the double-click is one message - WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK = 0x203.

09144a99bb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love mouse keys makes stuff like high alching much easier.

I don't see why they should ban it... :wink:

They never said they would...? Not sure what that added to the discussion.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I guess I must have misread Hedge's comment about his script finding colors and acting without the player searching for it. Sorry, Just sounded a lot like a weak color bot to me. I would disagree about the leg up comment simply because of the fact people are reaching out for 3rd party programs that give them in game advantage that others don't have. A left click drop would be awesome however Jagex decided not to include it, sadly giving those who do use 3rd party software an impressive advantage.

The particular software can be downloaded and used for free by ANYONE. There are ways to use said software to make certain in game tasks easier, such a software is deemed legal by Jagex as long as it does not violate the 1:1 rule. There are no botting scripts on this website either on tip.it or the site called xp-waste. If I am able to use this software while also being within the rules, then there is no reason for me not to use it. Currently mousekeys allow you to drop items quickly, just because you have not bothered to look into this software is not the fault of other gamers.

How do you know it's within the rules though? Has this explicitely been confirmed by a Jmod?

Granted, I haven't tried this programme, so I'm not experienced with it, but as far as I understand, it can, as an example move your mouse directly to a new monster once the old one is dead? That's an input you're not generating yourself, sounds to me like it would be illegal. The fact that it's free doesn't necessarily mean it's okay. There are/were? several free bots as well...

You press a hotkey to move it to the next monster. Not the spirit of the game but... Legal.

I remembered the JMods specifically called several of my public RS_Functions bannable. Said the rest were against the spirit of the game. Then what happens? They begin development of an action bar to do the exact same thing.

Jagex doesn't even know what's the spirit of their game and what isn't.

09144a99bb.png

Jagex can call your functions illegal as much as they like Stev, they can't legally scan for programs running outside of their clients and unless they added some wizardry since I last played with the clients, all clicks are treated the same

Actually part of that "stop online piracy act" that the US goverment just started using allows for servers based in the US to do this. The reasoning obviously must be to look if you don't have pirated software, but there's no way to control this. So from the start of this year jagex is allowed to do this for american citizens.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Wait wait wait. So if I'm running a Canadian company in Canada, I can break Canadian laws as long as it's only to American users who said act is not forbidden?

IOW, if it's illegal in the UK, they can still do it to American users?

09144a99bb.png

Wait wait wait. So if I'm running a Canadian company in Canada, I can break Canadian laws as long as it's only to American users who said act is not forbidden?

IOW, if it's illegal in the UK, they can still do it to American users?

From servers located in the US - yes. And actually it's a very gray area when they're dealing from servers of the US with people from outside the US. As the only way for sure if a customer is from the US or not is by something like DPI.

Then they came for me

Actually part of that "stop online piracy act" that the US goverment just started using allows for servers based in the US to do this. The reasoning obviously must be to look if you don't have pirated software, but there's no way to control this. So from the start of this year jagex is allowed to do this for american citizens.

Afaik the law hasn't passed in congress yet.

Crossed_Body.png

Crossed%20Body.png

And in its current form it won't pass (or well I strongly doubt it will, the current form isn't enforceable). However what I posted is one of the prime suggestions made to the law to actually gain goodwill. As the biggest objection is simply that the law forces webhosts to control customers - yet it didn't provide the tools to do so. Allowing DPI will give webhosts the necessary tools + they gain powerful marketing mechanisms.

Then they came for me

If the law were passed, pretty much every site with servers in America would be down.