The Back Room

stevepole

MMO super time sink. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It looks moderately interesting, although I don't think I'd personally play it.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Well this is bloody grand. I can't play the new game I bought for one reason or another. I'll wait a week for some updates, though, seeing as I can't tell if my system meets minimum requirements or some bull.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well this is bloody grand. I can't play the new game I bought for one reason or another. I'll wait a week for some updates, though, seeing as I can't tell if my system meets minimum requirements or some bull.

Dawwww

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

If someone could tell me how to find the requirements listed on the Steam page for NS2, i'll be happy to post them here to find out if I meet the minimum requirements.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

System Requirements

Minimum:

• Processor:Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz
    • Memory:2 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1GB, ATI X800, NVidia 8600 or better
    • DirectX®:9.0
    • Hard Drive:5 GB HD space

Recommended:

• Processor:Core 2 Duo 3.0 ghz
    • Memory:4 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1GB, AMD 5770, NVidia GTX 450 or better
    • DirectX®:9.0
    • Hard Drive:5 GB HD space
    • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Archi, what is your sleep schedule?

Mine is: 7 AM - 5-ish PM, 12PM - 2 PM on days when I am disturbed, that is to say when I have to go somewhere.

I ask because not many people follow one similar to mine. Do you feel more well-rested because of it or average compared to an average sleep schedule?

qTLQRuS.png

Typically 5pm to 2am, and it gives the impression there are more hours in the day.

Though at present my sleep pattern is chaotic, so I am not really benefiting from a 'pattern'.

Typically 5pm to 2am, and it gives the impression there are more hours in the day.

Though at present my sleep pattern is chaotic, so I am not really benefiting from a 'pattern'.

Yeah, it's a lot nicer. If you're not doing anything in the evening then it's definitely more efficient.

qTLQRuS.png

I've found a way to get people to talk to me that actually works; wearing a wifebeater during November. Even the locals all wear thick winter jackets, then there comes me in something Americans consider underwear. It's a great conversation starter.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You only refer to them as wife-beaters if you're insulting the wearer.

It's a pretty normal term for them in the States, if a bit uncommon.

It is used, but it's just used in a negative context.

Positive: Youthful

Neutral: Young

Negative: Childish

Neutral: Vest, Athletic Shirt

Negative: Wifebeater

qTLQRuS.png

The term "A-shirt" is short for "athletic shirt" because it is often worn in sports, such as basketball and track-and-field events. In the United States, it is also known colloquially as a tank top, or, disparagingly, a wife-beater. In British English an A-shirt is known as a vest[1] (Compare the American usage of "vest"). Another term, used in the Republic of Ireland, Australia, Nigeria and New Zealand, is singlet.

So yes, Nef was right.

And this is where the most stupid American girl anyone will ever know says "What is a wife-beater? I've never heard of it." But I read the posts, so I know not to ask.

And it's no wonder I've never heard of the term, even though I own 3, ironically in my favorite colors as well.

Not just Norwegian winter, Arctic winter, as I'm actually within the Arctic circle.

But yeah, that isn't the only reason I'm doing it. It's my own no-sleeve November and it's actually quite refreshing. It's also evidently quite safe, as I've been doing it for three weeks and I'm not even starting to get a cold.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It's not a cold you need to worry about, a cold is only associated with actual coldness because the virus transmits better through cold.

The worry is not that you're consistently cold, arguably that's good for you as it will mean that you're better accustomed to colder environments and if you fall in a lake you will be able to swim for longer. Being accustomed to the cold only requires short periods in the cold, BBC did a test and 10 minutes in water was sufficient to accustom you to cold environments for the next year.

The worry is that if you take a route, experience a touching the void type experience or just fall over you've got a much higher chance of not being able to cope with it and dying in the snow. Rather than simply falling over and getting back up again.

I always wear multiple jumpers, sensible clothing is cool as my mother says.

qTLQRuS.png