The Back Room

stevepole

If one thing is certain then a lot of the money gouvernements spen should be redistributed.

And one thing is certain, unless ended abruptly space will be our future, not only because it is certain that we will need to expand, but also because the technology developed for use in space almost always finds aplications back here on earth, like scratch-free glass and velcro.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There's no need to expand into space. Wealthy countries that are the ones funding space travel are not suffering from overpopulation, so they have no reason to expand into space. Besides, it can be better handled in other ways.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Then our powerful nations will hog resources and a population equilibrium will be reached. Giving food to poor nations leads to increased population which leads to more food being needed. We just need to stop giving aid, and promote sustainability.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Then some will die from starvation, since the population is exceeding the carrying capacity.

That is because we are exploting our land. Instead, we should grow sustainably to only feed people within our borders. Econationalism if you will.

Japan's population is an example. It is decreasing rapidly, and soon their island will be self sustainable. That is what we need to be doing.

We won't be forced to move either. Your preconception is that the human race moves as a whole, but if we look at it individually by country, powerful countries will dominate weaker countries to gain as many resources as possible, before the move to space is ever envisioned.

We are poluting the world, ruining it, it will have devastating aftermath. As scientists have calculated global warming will, if continued, result in our poles melting, which will cancel the flow of warm water northwards giving the upper northern hemisphere a new iceage, there will also be storms. Extreme heat will ensue until it reaches such a point that even concrete will crumble and break apart. If our planet ever returns to how it was there won't even be a single piece of evidence left of our civilization.

You are looking at this from a political point of view, this is not a 'what if' scenario you can prepare for, this is something that will happen unless serious meassures are put in place.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm with Mather on this one. The world is dying, and we're too politically correct to do anything about it. The new planet is only 20ly away, If we can develop ships that can travel at half the speed of light, setting up a base there is a realistic possibility.

Global warming will be good for Canada though, with all the land that will be farmable.

Us along with any other trace of organic matter and liquids. So the planet would die but not disapear.

Trol, global warming doesn't really work that way, at least here we are experiencing colder winters, anyways Canada will be pretty much the first to notice when the next ice age strikes. Though that was pretended ignorance, right?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Just cause we die, doesn't mean everything else will....

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Global warming is not catastrophic. First of all, it exists, but the way to fix it is to stop it, not find a way to flee the planet.

Secondly, rich countries with resources like the United States have the capacity to deal with all the issues that global warming presents. Moving off the planet is rather rash. Even if we were moving off the planet, don't expect that any one of us is going with them.

+

I don't think you really understand global warming at all.

Us along with any other trace of organic matter and liquids. So the planet would die but not disapear.

Trol, global warming doesn't really work that way, at least here we are experiencing colder winters, anyways Canada will be pretty much the first to notice when the next ice age strikes. Though that was pretended ignorance, right?

Please read this before continuing this discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Also, Trol is correct that Canada will be receiving lots of new farmland, if the Earth warms by even a few degrees. Which reminds me, the US should kick Canada's butt and steal that land before it happens. :mellow:

When it gets above 1000 degrees everything dies, not just us.

Kelvin?

Also, you'd have to bake the entire Earth, down to the point underground where the temperature is constantly above 130 degrees Celcius, at 130 Celcius or higher temperatures. That is practically impossible under almost any imaginable condition short of impact with a significantly sized (read: waffle-flipping huge) celestial object.

And how would the temperature reach 1000 degrees? Mammals would be extinct long before that, and global warming would quickly cease after we're gone (save for the fact that we're heating up from the last ice age).

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm talking about the far future, Dusty, once the ice age is over the temperature will almost double... in Kelvin!

Nex, it has reached such a point that if it is not reversed then there will be devastating aftermath, imagine the climate like two balls on a seesaw, global warming only needs to give it a slight nudge to ruin it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think there are bigger concerns than that.

Bigger concerns than listening to the minority of scientists ascribing to your theory.