The Back Room

stevepole

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=303

'Werewolf games' are like that mafia game Trol was going to start a while back. I believe Baroque RPG is like our Hegemony games, and Interbellum: Transylvania is a strict RP.

Anyways...just thought I'd let you all know that forum exists.

Either in the way of the regular games/series where you are the trainer or like mystery dungeon where you are a wild pokémon.

If we don't go past the time period of Pokémon Yellow, then I'll think about giving it a shot. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

The Gold/Silver? Yeah, they were alright, I got bored with it once they sent you after the old badges. lol

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Yeah but since what I'm proposing doesn't use the story they should be fine.

R/S/E and D/P/P pokemon just look too refined, and B/W just look like they hired children to draw them without regarding logic at all. Just look at that grass-snake starter, it has limbs and a regal collar!

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I still remember my Pokémon Crystal game (Basically Gold/Silver but there is a Gender option). My 'party' I always used was.

lvl 97 Pikachu

lvl 73 Ninetails

lvl 85 Charizard(sp?)

lvl 100 Zapdos

lvl 91 Mewtwo

lvl 100 Moltos(sp?)

I traded a lot from older versions to get the Zapdos, Mewtwo and Moltos. Same for the Ninetails, was something with a firestome attached, so it evolved xD

EDIT: the Charizard too lol. It refused to listen to me for a while, which I found hilarious xD

Lqt9R.png

Ninetails was a Vulpix then, and you used the firestone.

And it's Moltres.

In gold (played on an emulator, so I can fast-forward) I now use anything else with Typlosion lvl. 100. Why would you need more when you've got something that can one-hit every pokémon in the league and only take damage from a single Hitmonchan's mach punch?

Played for less than a week and almost finished with the pokédex.

Also I have one shiny Drowsee and one shiny Hypno, both originally caught near day-care.

Haven't cared to get legends yet though.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Pokemon. Do not comprehend.

Oh come on. Back when it first came out, it was a decently crafted RPG. If the show didn't exist and they stopped making new games, I might have never stopped playing. lol

Lqt9R.png

What?!? You must be pretty much the sole case of that in the modern world! Everyone has played/watched/bought the Pokémon games/series/cards/candy balls.

Ross, there's not much to explain if you know how to do it without repetition:

In order to optimize your pokémon you must get one with the stats corresponding to its type. As such a ghost pokémon with high defence is a waste of stats and a fighter with low attack is useless. Speed and evasion are all-round stats and should be high for all. When training a pokémon the macho brace will give it more stats per level and the use of stat boosters such as Iron and Calcium are essential. When training you should at all times avoid using rare candy as they do not give as much stats per level.

Also when training pokémon that evolve with stones you should carefully decide when to evolve, as in some cases the different stages gain more in certain stats when evolving.

Each kind of pokémon has its standard amount of total stat points, through breeding you can increase it and change what stat gets how much. When breeding the pokémon will recieve some boosts from its parents, the pokémon's nature will in most cases be the same as one of the parents and it may also recieve more powerfull and usefull attacks. A pokémon's nature decides which stats it is born with and how they increase.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I know all of that already...

Also, Power items > Macho brace in 90% of cases. And you forgot to mention pokerus. And rare candy is fine when you've finished EV training.

Also, the thing about some pokemon getting different stats if you don't evolve them is bogus. Maybe true in one or two cases, but certainly not in any of the OU cases.

Also, it's good to keep a ditto of every nature, it cuts the time you spend breeding for natures down immensly. Thought getting 6/31 IVs is still going to take ages.

And yeah, egg moves are fairly handy, though not usually entirely essential.

That was a lot of "Also".

2Xeo5.png

I said "in some cases", known case: Pikachu gains evasion and speed faster than Raichu (though I'm not sure if this is the case for the games, but it is in the series).

Ditto is optional and not actually part of the training.

And egg moves are essential to get moves otherways inaccessible to the pokémon.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1