The Back Room

stevepole

Again, BS. You can't know that with what an average allowance or work could buy you, eqipment wise. Oh, and that creepy mask thingy made me want to dig up the old majoras mask cartrage and say bring on the effing haunting!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Just saying, I've read more meaningful sentances than that last one in graffitti. You don't need equipment to learn that, only wikipedia.

"Emotion is the complex psychophysiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical and environmental influences. In humans, emotion fundamentally involves "physiological arousal, expressive behaviors, and conscious experience".[1] Emotion is associated with mood, temperament, personality and disposition, and motivation."

"In philosophy, psychology, and cognitive science, perception is the process of attaining awareness or understanding of sensory information. The word "perception" comes from the Latin words perceptio, percipio, and means "receiving, collecting, action of taking possession, apprehension with the mind or senses."[1]"

"In psychology, memory is an organism's ability to store, retain, and recall information and experiences. Traditional studies of memory began in the fields of philosophy, including technique of artificially enhancing the memory. The late nineteenth and early twentieth century put memory within the paradigms of cognitive psychology. In recent decades, it has become one of the principal pillars of a branch of science called cognitive neuroscience, an interdisciplinary link between cognitive psychology and neuroscience."

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And wikipedia explains the fact that it is written by multiple people. not always accurate information. Always changing. And never a good source to use in a talk of emotions and [bleep]ing torture.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

We're done with the subject on wether or not lobotomy is torture.

However I am most certain that most people here agree with me that you are talking rubbish right now, even though emotions to play an important role in forming and sustaining our personalities they do not affect memory in any other way than that it is remembered.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

... I'm going to go play a game off the comp, and every time i stab something to death i'll imagine iot's you. Good day.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It's certainly plausible. The brain is so complicated we probaly couldn't assume one thing or another. For example, removing one hemisphere of the brain can actually make some patients with severe epilepsy and other neurodegenerative disorders smarter.

I don't think we should be arguing on the science right now.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Mather, I was actually paying attention to your points. Even though you're not right, you were pulling a strong argument on your side...Then you said 'wikipedia'. I no longer think anything you've said holds any merit now. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

... There goes half an hours worth of stabbing things from one look at another of mathers posts.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I suppose 1 weeks worth of fiddling with visual basic wouldn't be appreciated, then? :rolleyes:

We're getting onto the real stuff next week anyway. Damn technicians kept putting the software installation off so we couldn't do any practical learning.

2Xeo5.png

School problems ross?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Cool. Glad to hear it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

perhaps they had no content to you mather, but I am certain they held content to others who bothered to think about what I was posting

yeah i know, actually thinking about what someone has posted.. that'd be a ridiculous thing to do

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Sheesh. I leave for a day, and suddenly the tavern goes to all hell.

And on the topic of DF, I'm having fun modding stuff in. So far, I've got a metal with about half the qualities of adamantine that is capable of being found rarely in gold ore, a new ore that creates 2 new metals - 1 super-dense, brittle, bad-edge one, and one super-light, brittle, well-edged one.

Oh, and rifles, sledgehammers, and machetes.

Having DF on a laptop with ~6 hours of battery life is good for roadtrips.

a70c7.png

I'm getting a new computer. Pretty high end. So I'll soon be able to play DF a lot more effectively.

100 fps, 200 dwarf fort here I come.

o_O I usually end up with ~6fps when I hit about 80 dwarves. Which is why, recently, I've been playing forts in worlds generated with 1000 titans and 200 volcanoes... in a pocket region.

Also, I figured out how to implement the [sPEED:0] thing. MACH 10 DWARVES GO

a70c7.png

And yes, I'd liove to be a machine, I'd love to be able to live without attachements and dissapointments, to be able to develop myself as if my body was just a frame for me to work on, the abillity to see beyond what our brains are limited to comprehend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEuFWLt3WU

On a side note, just got a 1920 x 1200 monitor (25.5") & a ATI 4850 with 1gb of video memory for the low price of $70. [bleep]yea.jpg

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!