The Back Room

stevepole

Rocco your 'C' point summed up my reasons perfectly, it is just a childish way to get revenge on another.

Sanctions should attempt to rehabilitate or keep dangerous criminals away from the generally good public but I think that people who believe in harsh punishments and the death penalty believe sanctions should be made to punish and cause as much grief as possible.

Murderers are not insane, most have reasons; they aren't the meticulous and random 'lecter' killings, a lot have understandable reasons.

[Falador tavern]

I say a punishment for muder and such should be having to watch how the victims families have to live with what they've done, if the criminal seems to enjoy this then I think they should be either sent to a mental institute, or if proving to be dangerous and insane, possibly either executed or just locked away for a very very long time.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Mather, yes they do 50% of the time.

Self defence (common in England, discredicted due to having weapon on you)

in a gang cAn't get out (under duress)

paranoia

drugs

alcohol

trying to avoid being caught for a more minor crime

[Falador tavern]

I swear you just say a random percentage 76% of the time...

Anyway, the point is irrelevant, if they ACTUALLY did do it, then they have to face the punishment, it is like saying, yeah I killed all those people but life is just hard right now...

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Self defence - How the hell can you kill a large number of people accidentally over several occations?

in a gang cAn't get out - Testify + witness relocation.

paranoia - Not a reason for murder, reason for lobotomy

drugs - So you commit one crime that makes a worse crime legal? It doesn't work that way.

alcohol - How do you even drink enough to make you that crazy?

trying to avoid being caught for a more minor crime - See self-defence and drugs.

Rocco, killing one person is at the edge of what a reason can make tolerable. Killing multiple people is never justified.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ew. Politics.

Once again...^This

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

See? Paper. Lots of paper. That means lots of trees.

Can't you see the irony? The death penalty is killing us!

EDIT: Yay, an Admin! Hi Admin person!

Hrm, wonder if any of the Admins do throwing weapons? Let's see if the ask the staff thread is still up...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Indeed, that poses a problem. On the other hand, criminals should not be able to get a free living in jail. Therefore, I have three solutions:

Prison food and drink is charged for, as is the housing (Flaw being that the poor cannot afford to pay for 50 years of food and drink)

or

All assets of the prisoner are seized, and the prisoner must perform labor at no wage. (Prisoner doesn't want to work and the prisoner cannot rejoin society afterwards)

or

Instead of having a time, like 50 years of imprisonment, we have... work in a prison factory for 150,000 hours for no pay. This is approximately 8 hours a day for 50 years. (Might be cruel and unusual punishment and quality/speed could suffer. A change could be finding out a reasonable output for an hour, and make the length of the term based on number of products created)

^

Puts prisoners to good use and makes money for the state. We might be able to churn out goods even cheaper than Chinese factories, because we'd have free labor.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Why do i come here? Into this den of the crazed? Who argue and yell and scream and shout.. All for naught. Barking in anger, screaming Fight, Fight, FIGHT.. And then we continue, over and over.. And then the judge comes out..

Why fight over something you can't change?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Indeed, that poses a problem. On the other hand, criminals should not be able to get a free living in jail. Therefore, I have three solutions:

Prison food and drink is charged for, as is the housing (Flaw being that the poor cannot afford to pay for 50 years of food and drink)

or

All assets of the prisoner are seized, and the prisoner must perform labor at no wage. (Prisoner doesn't want to work and the prisoner cannot rejoin society afterwards)

or

Instead of having a time, like 50 years of imprisonment, we have... work in a prison factory for 150,000 hours for no pay. This is approximately 8 hours a day for 50 years. (Might be cruel and unusual punishment and quality/speed could suffer. A change could be finding out a reasonable output for an hour, and make the length of the term based on number of products created)

^

Puts prisoners to good use and makes money for the state. We might be able to churn out goods even cheaper than Chinese factories, because we'd have free labor.

I agree with point 3. However, if they murdered someone, then it should be the firing squad for em'.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

And i was in a ranting mood earlier. Please ignore the parts of my recent posts with me being a concending jackass.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read the majora's mask creepypasta? Was quite a good article. The videos that the author revealed at the end were pretty demented too.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read the majora's mask creepypasta? Was quite a good article. The videos that the author revealed at the end were pretty demented too.

Yeah, I read that article somewhere, I didn't watch the videos though. It was creepy xD My superstitious side wants to believe its real. lol

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Watch the videos, they are at the bottom of the original creepypasta page. Excuse me while I burn my majora's mask cartridge while holding a crucifix =P

RIP Ben

TUBULAR BELLS!

Changing topic, who else is going to save up for an Xbox just to be able to play this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI&feature=pyv&ad=6208317345&kw=halo%20reach

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Right, so my plan for reducing the federal deficit, reducing trade deficit with China, and solve overcrowding in prisons, is to stick the prisoners in factories and tell them to make thousands of products before they are released.

A uniquely capitalistic way of doing things. However, in this system, no one should be executed. Life imprisonment should be equal to like 70-80 years of work, and death should equal a hundred. If they don't work a baseline amount to pay for their housing/feeding, they don't get fed. If they can't work, then we treat that as a disability and wouldn't require that, instead allowing them to opt for a system involving time served in prison.

It's basically the same as Chinese factories, except they are safer. The work is for penance instead of pay. :thumbup:

---

Not me.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I want to, link?

Is this it?

http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

It's a REALLY big shaft.

If you commited a murder, and you were put to death, where is justice?

All I see in that scenario is two murderers.

If murder is a sin, then commiting murder in retaliation absolutely increases the sin.

But if you commited several murders and you were emotionally incapasitated?

Anyways it's kind of funny how you keep using executions in your examples when I'm talking about something else, my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather was the last Norwegian headsman.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1