The Back Room

stevepole

xbox=failbox...I was going to get 1...then I saw what they were offering at E3 and gamescon...poor Microsoft :( Sony stomped the [cabbage] out of them in the press conferences in both events. *sigh*

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

If you commited a murder, and you were put to death, where is justice?

All I see in that scenario is two murderers.

If murder is a sin, then commiting murder in retaliation absolutely increases the sin.

But if you commited several murders and you were emotionally incapasitated?

Anyways it's kind of funny how you keep using executions in your examples when I'm talking about something else, my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather was the last Norwegian headsman.

But what you are suggesting is still equivilant. You are removing somebody from the world, and that is no different from murder. The only change is that the body persists in your case.

2Xeo5.png

You don't become mindless, you become somewhat emotionless. You are still able to think, decide and learn, you just can't feel anger, sadness and happiness. Before you rant on the lack of happiness, if you kill say a family, would you ever again truly feel happiness again unless your mind was completely [bleep]ed up? No, what one does as a bi-effect of the surgery is rather to remove the sensation guilt and regret of the offender, leaving them a better life than they left themselves.

Actually what you do is create some of the symptoms of a severe case of autism in the offender.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Urrrrr last time I checked it was considered inhumane to remove someones emotions. Or eff around with their mind, cause you know, it's been considered worse than death..

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Who can say wether it is worse than death? It might be worse for those around them, but the patients are incapable of missing their emotions since that is an emotion too.

And last time I checked regret was the worst emotion one could have.

If they were mentally healthy before comiting multiple homicides then the regret of doing so is the worst torture there is, it'd break down their psyche and leave them either as sulking lunatics, aggressive and unstable lunatics or their brain would actually shutdown emotions by itself.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nex, That's a no for me. I think it'll just be another play for a lucrative series. I may try it though, which may change my views on the matter.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You would rather feel pain than not at all? You would rather regret and miss what you once had than knowing you had it but not feel any loss for it? You would rather be able to remember how joy was and know you could never feel it again than to just know you had it?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

If you think emotions are so invalid, then why don't you just remove your own :S?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Because drilling into your own forehead is not something you just do. And yes I feel emotions are uninmportant, I haven't felt true joy for over one and a half year, and since the spring I have barely felt anything but sadness and loss.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Murder = Unlawful killing with malice aforethought (In common law countries, which includes the US and probaly the UK)

Death penalty = Killing sanctioned by law, therefore not murder

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'm not considdering it, I'm just saying emotions are not that important. But yeah, my life as of lately is pretty messed up.

EDIT: Wise words: Life is like a bar of iron, if you want to make something out of it you got to melt it down and hammer it into shape.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yep, sure is. How do your childhood memories of playing Zelda feel now?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I think I had a hacked Pokemon gold cartridge before.

It sort of went all wierd but then I stopped playing and lost it. Probably just broken anyway.

And Mather, I think you're misguided here. Without emotion, there is no desire. Without desire, there is no progress, and without progress, there is stagnation.

Without emotion, mankind cannot even hope that it has purpose, there is nothing keeping anything going, and the march of time all but stops. Emotion is the only thing that seperates us from a machine which is programmed only to die after a certain period of time has passed.

Would you like to be a machine, Mather? Would you like to lose your ability to think freely and dream, to become a drone with no purpose but to eventually die?

2Xeo5.png