The Back Room

stevepole

Indeed, that poses a problem. On the other hand, criminals should not be able to get a free living in jail. Therefore, I have three solutions:

Prison food and drink is charged for, as is the housing (Flaw being that the poor cannot afford to pay for 50 years of food and drink)

or

All assets of the prisoner are seized, and the prisoner must perform labor at no wage. (Prisoner doesn't want to work and the prisoner cannot rejoin society afterwards)

or

Instead of having a time, like 50 years of imprisonment, we have... work in a prison factory for 150,000 hours for no pay. This is approximately 8 hours a day for 50 years. (Might be cruel and unusual punishment and quality/speed could suffer. A change could be finding out a reasonable output for an hour, and make the length of the term based on number of products created)

^

Puts prisoners to good use and makes money for the state. We might be able to churn out goods even cheaper than Chinese factories, because we'd have free labor.

The main problem there is that every job you get a prisoner to preform is a job that a recently laid off worker desperately needs to feed his family. No company is going to pay a worker $10 an hour to do something when they can get a prisoner to do it for free.

Non violent criminals should be placed on a prison farm, where they are required to be self sufficient to the point where the only cost is the guards salaries, which could be paid by selling excess food.

And while Im rambling on this topic, every prison in America should be required to have solar panels on it's roof. Prisons are so goddamn ugly, so it would help aesthetically too.

xbox=failbox...I was going to get 1...then I saw what they were offering at E3 and gamescon...poor Microsoft :( Sony stomped the [cabbage] out of them in the press conferences in both events. *sigh*

Yeah poor Microsoft. They only came up with a redone system, a whole new interactive motion device and a lineup of games that may just bankrupt me.

That said I wont be buying kinect, but at least it's not a [cabbage]ty wii rip off.

Take this as a warning; Get your [cabbage] together, Dungeonal, or I will call in the authorities.

lolwut?

Mather can you stop reporting people just because they don't agree with you?

---

Btw Dungeonal,

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469774

Up to Chapter 46 now

Transylvanian Civil War gogogo

Not true Spork. These jobs are so menial that only workers from other countries would take them. So it would take jobs away from Third-world countries.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

She's still ALIVE?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yeah. It took another 30 or so rounds of combat after that before she gave up the ghost.

I don't... I don't think any part was undamaged.

I'm afraid of my military. They stopped using their swords and I don't know why, but this was the result.

2Xeo5.png

[hide]

oh mather, seriously dude

7/10 mather

ross, mather is clearly trolling, just ignore him

the point is his subconcious is trolling

man i just love star gate what about you guys

you dont like stargate?

[/hide]

Proof.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And yes, I'd liove to be a machine, I'd love to be able to live without attachements and dissapointments, to be able to develop myself as if my body was just a frame for me to work on, the abillity to see beyond what our brains are limited to comprehend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEuFWLt3WU

On a side note, just got a 1920 x 1200 monitor (25.5") & a ATI 4850 with 1gb of video memory for the low price of $70. [bleep]yea.jpg

<3:

Anyway

I was just around a friends playing Halo:Reach, and it is a very good game, except there are SO many new guns, that it is rather confusing on what to use. They have also nerfed other guns, some which used to be quite good guns, and they've added something rather idiotic in, but other than that it is a good game, with a good campaign, good cutscenes and all around good multiplayer system. Though my friend seems to be one of those rage gamers O-o.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Conv with Hex:

(21:26):

Ok Mather, could you propose an idea on the forums?

(21:27):

Basically I was debating the thought of a permenant hegemony ran by whoever. It will be stickied.

Anyway, the game should be liket he original hegemony and a select team of 6? 7? Everyone should vote on big descisions.

(21:28):

Big wars are allowed, your allowed to rush but to avoid huge fighting and to slow the game down

the first 7 days are combat free, than its a free for all.

There will be random events such as earthquakes and such.

(21:29):

If a player is destroyed than there budget is halved and a reasonable amount of territory is lost but no players can actually die

jsut be weakened.

And one sided treaty's aren't allowed.

What do you think?

(21:30):

Could you please suggest that on the Tip.It forums, make a new thread and see what everyone thinks.

(21:31):

But just to sum up: Team of few to decide things (this would be granted if you prove powerful, almost like the people invited to the versailles treaty), 7 (more) days are combat free, Random events, no dieing.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

A hegemony where you can't lose? Sorry, not interested. Part of the fun in hegemony is developing a military so when someone shoots the politician, you come out alive afterwards. Not "I can lose over and over and over and over again until either the war ends or I reach the point where my country only exists in half of someone's subconscious! (where, after the war, I will slowly spread and recreate my country, of course.)"

One sided treaties should be allowed. You lose a war, you're gonna have to make a treaty that screws you over a bit. If it keeps the victor from wiping you off the map, though, you'll do it.

Other than that, it sounds good... except that I can't play Hegemony anymore. I tried it once, and it distracted me from my schoolwork to the point where I was failing...

a70c7.png

Meh, distracted me to the point where i forgot to eat. Oh, yeah, and I LOVE plants versus zombies. It's hilarious.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

From Hex:

Expansions of my idea.

To decide who's in the deciding group (the group which decides the outcome of wars and such, based on a vote system) you must be in the 'top 5' countrys based on land, money, army, peace record or other factors.

By one sided treatys I mean ones that limit expansion to a point that a person can never break out of them. This just makes the game unenjoyable.

Also, to avoid to avoid 'rushing issues' there is a week period of no-war

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Well generally that's what the conqueror wants. If the conqueror has the power to wipe a country off the face of the map, then logically they would at least prevent the person from easily breaking the shackles.

Oh yes, because deciding the outcome of wars based on a vote between the 5 people with the best record of whatever is DEFINITELY a good idea. Especially if they're involved in the war. I mean, nobody's going to just try and cripple who they think is the "most powerful" player, right?

[/sarcasm]

Your Anti-Dusty measures need work.

Also, you could just write all this down and post it when you're unbanned as opposed to saying "F the authority" and finding a way around it.

a70c7.png

Okay did I hear Retech and Earth right?

They were distracted that much? Until Retech started to fail and Earth began to forget to eat?

I must be playing hegemony wrong. I thought it was a simple game where you just think up nice cool designs, get a cool military, and just kill eachother, but for it to take up THAT MUCH TIME

I'm just saying, your classes must be in possible, and Earth must have lost his survival instincts.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

No, i forget to eat anyways. I just did it more often.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Stork started to fail. I would've quit if I got a B. :thumbdown:

Oh god my bad.

Retech my humblest of apologies, I keep getting you two confused now.

I only got B's in my GCSE's... Well the ones with multiple exams added up to B's, I mean in one exam I did get an A*.

Actually to be more specific, I got 3 C's and like 6-7 B's.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Heh, that's okay.