The Back Room

stevepole

Oooo, nice. As Russia the only time the UK bother me is when I become defender of the Ottoman Empire, the rest of the time they are pretty unwilling to declare war on me to save their ally of Austria.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

But a sprite is not necessarily something related to Homestuck, it'd be like saying anything drawn like a cartoon is related to MLP.

Godtier is though, but that's the first time I've made a sprite that is godtier.

The second time is this, which took me only a few minutes:

Celeste%20god%20tier.png

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

[bleep] the UK (In Vicky II), is it normal for them to declare war on you randomly (I just finished beating them back [read; keeping my european cores and occupying most of SA and a bit of India] for the second time)? On the plus side, I now have some pretty bad ass brigades (and the UK is missing quite a bit of their uber fleet).

It depends on who you play as. If you break the 25 Infamy mark, they normally declare wars of containment. I haven't played as any European minors in a while, but I never really see them get involved with Italy unless it involves a war with France. They do like do declare wars over colonial borders though, so if you have any of those that may explain it.

@Archi - I bought the expansion release day, and so far I really like it. I've only played one game up to 1880 with Persia, about to westernize, so I can't say much for some of the features, but I like the new westernization process (No more general spam), and so far the China fix seems to be working, as in the UK hasn't eaten half of it yet. I'm not sure how I feel about the new CB system though, it seems rather useless. I think I might try a Civil War game as the Confederates next to see how that plays out.

Nice, I got it last night, haven't played it yet since Internet is a rationed commodity and I wanted to play STO so :rolleyes:.

I like the look of the CB system, it seems like you have a chance to get war without infamy or infamy without war, though if you recommend the westernising system I might try a game doing that first =P

But if you feel like getting together for a game (Between the hours of 11 pm and 9 am on a day not Saturday, Tuesday (Previous two would be fine after about 2 am-see Crossroads), Friday or Thursday(no time is fine))

timezone-conversion-chart.gif

Nice, I got it last night, haven't played it yet since Internet is a rationed commodity and I wanted to play STO so :rolleyes:.

I like the look of the CB system, it seems like you have a chance to get war without infamy or infamy without war, though if you recommend the westernising system I might try a game doing that first =P

But if you feel like getting together for a game (Between the hours of 11 pm and 9 am on a day not Saturday, Tuesday (Previous two would be fine after about 2 am-see Crossroads), Friday or Thursday(no time is fine))

timezone-conversion-chart.gif

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the CB system, it just feels unnecessary. It is nice to get those free wars though. One thing I found interesting is that you can see other nations generating CBs on the diplomatic screen. I'm not sure if its every one or just ones that get discovered though.

If you try the westernization, be careful with the factory reforms. You have to pay for them still, and it can completely wreck your economy. The best thing about it is other AI nations actually try to westernize. I'm interested to see if this changes the end game at all.

My free days all depend on when I get scheduled at work, but a game does sound fun. Next Monday might be a possibility though.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the CB system, it just feels unnecessary. It is nice to get those free wars though. One thing I found interesting is that you can see other nations generating CBs on the diplomatic screen. I'm not sure if its every one or just ones that get discovered though.

I very much like the new CB system, though it is highly annoying when you get smacked with a 21.9 infamy because you built a ship.

I mean it allows you to manufacture excuses to go to war, rather than waiting several years for a chance, getting bored, declaring war, winning, then getting a CB.

Though it has completely destablised the game, since everyone is at war with pretty much everyone else....Feels more like EU3 than Victoria.

For example:

Britain went to war with Siam to make Johore stronger, about a week before I went to war with Johore. Two days before I was ready to annex Johore Britain peaces out and suddenly I have more to conquer.

If you try the westernization, be careful with the factory reforms. You have to pay for them still, and it can completely wreck your economy. The best thing about it is other AI nations actually try to westernize. I'm interested to see if this changes the end game at all.

Playing as Japan...got to 1858 before I wrecked my economy...It might have been the fabric factory, might have been the 18 infamy I got from trying to annex a minor power (in the hopes it ally would declare war on me without bringing Britain with it)

Trying again from the beginning, this time going straight for Jahore instead of messing around with Brunei, and Atjeh, and before Britain manages to take it over.

Edit:

Back to 1854:

Austria has smashed Prussia (which is drifting between 6th and 10th place).

Mexico won the Texan war of Independance, even with American intervention.

Russia came after me for those two provinces Britain added to Jahore before I annexed it. Saved by Austria getting trigger happy and attacking Russia after 5 months (Ripped my army apart before then though).

Britain is getting friendly.

Not nearly as westernised as before, and my economy seems weaker than it was previously...But its fairly stable.

Nex, how'd you know it was me?

Easy. One, I saw that picture you had up as your avvy or profile pic or something for a while. Two, who else would Mather draw? Besides himself of course.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have a fun idea: a lightweight version of hegemony that can be played with minimal input. Super basic combat, super basic economy.

Basically the hegemony would be played as long as possible, it would rely on simple 'capture the point' style systems which rely on your having to capture areas which produce money. Each produce a sum of money, for example one point could produce 1 'point' a day. This way there would only need to be very little effort put into any sort of moderation. I think it would be a fun side-along game which aims to be constantly running with more focus on politics than warfare.

qTLQRuS.png

No point putting anything there, nobody reads stickied threads.

Nobody reads stickied threads because nobody puts anything there for them to read because people think that if they put it in the designated sticky, nobody will care to read it. It's a catch-22.

It'd be appreciated if you'd at least put a post in the appropriate thread, though.

a70c7.png

Good thing I didn't include the entire history of Gielinor in the presentation about RuneScape, I just spent 40 minutes talking about the biggest cities, the gods and the civilized species.

I'm somewhat amazed that people paid enough attention to ask me questions afterwards.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm somewhat amazed that people paid enough attention to ask me questions afterwards.

I used to get that when I wrote my mega posts, taught me to have more faith in some people, less faith in others.

Anywho, Star Trek Online has to be the only, graphically intensive, online game that can be played with less than 1 kilobyte of bandwidth.

Its quite refreshing to play a game that doesn't freak out because your internet isn't up to dialup standard :rolleyes:

Blinking is not the same as breathing...you don't die if you don't do it.

Blinking is merely there to wash detritus out of your eyes, ensure that the eye is kept reasonably well lubricated. Its also there to try to keep your eye free from infection by washing the various airborne bacteria out through one of the ducts, which name I cannot remember.

The pain thing is the same as if you tried to put your foot behind your head...some discomfort while you are doing it, but once you get it there it isn't especially painful after a short while.

Its just the interrim bit where your body is going 'Hey, I forsee danger ahead'...the equivilant of a red light on the dashboard.

If your eyes do fall out please ask someone to post so we can add your biological distinctiveness to our own.

I haven't blinked in the past hour, and I no longer feel the need to. Also the bloodshot eyes from the first 15 minutes have reverted to the just slightly pink color my cold makes them have. How is that even possible?

That's stupid.

Congratulations on ignoring basic physiology though. Hope you have fun with your eye infection, because I certainly didn't have fun with mine.

Blinking is not the same as breathing...you don't die if you don't do it.

Blinking is merely there to wash detritus out of your eyes, ensure that the eye is kept reasonably well lubricated. Its also there to try to keep your eye free from infection by washing the various airborne bacteria out through one of the ducts, which name I cannot remember.

The pain thing is the same as if you tried to put your foot behind your head...some discomfort while you are doing it, but once you get it there it isn't especially painful after a short while.

Its just the interrim bit where your body is going 'Hey, I forsee danger ahead'...the equivilant of a red light on the dashboard.

If your eyes do fall out please ask someone to post so we can add your biological distinctiveness to our own.

I wasn't wondering how I could stop blinking, that's just willpower. What I meant was how could my eyes stop being bloodshot when keeping them open for extended periods of time is a foolproof way to cause irritation?

That's like a bruise disappearing because your body goes "Yeah, by now you ought to know you really should stop hitting yourself, so this isn't necessary anymore. Just stop the punching, or don't, whatever."

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1