>Every so often push netherlands back until I own most of the dutch provinces

>Suddenly next to Germany forms in 1854

>By 1855 they declare war on France and invade

>HUGE WAR

>Russia goes scitzo and declares on Britain and France and the Ottomans

>Suddenly it's saying this is world war 1

>It's only 1856

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Gah! Nero is back!!!! -hides-

Solved my problem. Now y'all can chill.

Were they at any point set on fire?

If there's no fire, the problem isn't really solved! :ohnoes:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok, problem is solved, finally.

Time it took to resolve the problem once I had the disk:

785,678 milliseconds, or in plainerspeak........13 minutes

(Can't remember the last four digits but 780 thousand milliseconds is 13 minutes and 790 thousand milliseconds is 13 minutes and 10 seconds...some somewhere between those two.)

Somewhat mift (Trust me to be annoyed that it is fixed too easily), but still, at least it is sorted and I am prepared for when it innevitably happens again.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Icu, it shows that Germany and France cannot co-exist peacefully without years of intermittent conflict, followed by two world wars first.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

it shows that Germany and France cannot co-exist

In my game North Germany and South Germany couldn't co-exist...till South Germany stole Danzig:

[hide]

V2_MAP_JAP_1935.11.13_1.png

[/hide]

Playing as Japan, stole Alaska from America, and freed New York from their tyrrany, as well as Wake Island and such. I was also extremely statisfied when China told me America had gone bankrupt.

As a word to the wise, never invade America from Seattle->Washington....So many worthless provinces that get you nothing.

Also, invading the USA late game is a really really really bad idea...They raised 5 million troops against me (mostly farmers and such, but still) What was worse was that their economy was capable of supporting it, and a fleet of almost 300 ships.

At that time my army amounted to 1.5 million, and I am loath to mobilise unless I can't help it...So ended up spending two years building ships, then playing cat and mouse with the American army on the Mexican border. Eventually my plan came to success and I spent another four years occupying the USA...all the while I was at something like -20 warscore because of all the battles I had lost (and 9 times out of 10 I would flee and they got +3.2, while when they fled I would get +0.2) so it wasn't until I actually hit DC that my score hit positive figures.

Nex: didn't need fire.

I've noticed that my computer lately is only being used for Photoshop Projects, homework/essays, and Paint.net. My iPod has become the one thing I use more often. Also, I'm going to attempt making a cool logo link thingy for here.

v2mapper19262191.png

My Persia game, around 1926. You can't see, but I'm currently winning a war against the UK, with most of North India occupied. They intervened in my annexation of Oman, and I beat them off with no help from my 'ally' France, who occupied the channel islands then white peaced out. The UK still won't accept peace though, even though I have about +5 warscore on them. I'm 6th in the world right now, far behind Prussia and comfortably ahead of the Bavarian Republic. If I can end the war against the UK I'm going to go for one last war against the Ottomans, who are allied with France, the UK and Russia. I have about 75 brigades, with 150 more avaliable, so stomping the Ottomans shouldn't be a problem, but beating back France in Africa might. My goal at the start was all of the Arabian Peninsula, all of Egypt, all of Ottoman Africa and Iraq/Syria, and as far east as Afghanistan.

Some interesting things to note are the random states Austria grabbed, the Morocco situation, and Russian Japan. China also managed to westernize and unify, under my sphere.

Hehe, Prussian Northern Russia. But yeah, it looks like Prussia and Austria didn't fight each other much, so were free to dominate Europe.

Meanwhile France seems to have cornered most of the ports in Africa, which prevents GB from getting them.

Scaninavian Suez and no Panama?

One thing I have noticed about the V2HD is that the USA seems less able to take over Mexico...Two games I have played now where the borders have remained almost entirely static throughout.

Also that almost every country stops being an absolute monarchy way before 1900.

Another fun thing to do is just wait until the sufferage movement gains a few million in support (Seriously 20 minutes into the game and they will have enough) then do all the reforms on the list except voting reforms. Saves hours of waiting patiently for the game to build up a liberal majority to do one reform, then waiting hours more for another liberal reform.

Still haven't found a way to bring back slavery :-k

But anyway, Prussia game, Northern Germany in 1843, Germany in 1845 (Basically replenished my troops from the newly incorporated territories and then invaded France). Ended up fighting Austria again, though they mobilised, so I mobilised, won and Austria was temporarily knocked off the top table, so I was pleased with myself...Though they then made a come back with 0 prestige (I also nabbed Bohemia), so it doesn't look like I am gonna be able to do much with them...I might release Danzig and some other country which magically has a higher score.

Oh, and Britain randomly released Canada...which might prove interesting late game.

Just took me 72 hours to figure out the reason Opera was running ridiculously slow was because of a grand total of approximately 20 tabs were open in a glitched half-loaded state and all I had to do was refresh them. Way to go, me! :wall:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

... I first read that as "The reason Oprah was running ridiculously."

Then I laughed and moved on.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Save time, restart more?

If you did restart then I Seriously question why Opera is better than Internet Explorer...Usually if you restart your computer....Hell, if you restart Internet Explorer...Then that usually clears any problem.

Also question why you need 20 tabs open for 72 hours...Internet Explorer has this handy feature:

IE.png

Which allows, whenever you open Internet Explorer, to open all the webpages you would nominally visit.

I mean EVEN IF you hated IE....as you do...You could have all your best webpages set up so by clicking once you could see all the webpages you wanted to see with none of this 72 hours nonsense.

But that is just me, and I mean, I use Internet Explorer, so what do I know. :rolleyes:

Neferast's pre-redacted comment

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; SOPA will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new internet overlords. Id like to remind them that as a trusted internet personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground copyrighting caves.

[bleep]ing hell, I just wrote three [bleep]ing paragraphs on why Opera is the only browser that that could possibly happen to without crashing my computer, and then I clicked F5 instead of 5!

I'll just give you the Tl;Dr:

It is set to always start where I left it off because I use it to read webcomics.

The same happening to Internet Explorer would be impossible since it's practically impossible to have that many tabs open there for spatial reasons, and if it was managed, the sheer strain of it would kill my computer.

Opera is the only browser that can even handle that amount of tabs refreshing at once, when I update all of them, my it only locks up for a fraction of a second as I am spam clicking, but afterwards it still reacts to what I did as it was locked. For a comparison, any other browser would lock up either permanently or at least for a minute if I tried refreshing even half as many. If that many tabs had failed in any other browser, I'd actually have to shut down my computer manually to get it to do anything, and then I'd have to reinstall the browser afterwards to have even a hope of it working ever again.

Also no, I don't have 20 tabs open, I have 30 tabs open, plus 11 more in Chrome which is the browser I use for browsing.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It is set to always start where I left it off because I use it to read webcomics.

I use IE to read webcomics...It requires me to favoriate a page, click on the link my my favoriates, and update it when neccessary...It takes perhaps 2 seconds and doesn't have any lockup...

I use IE because it's pretty decent actually. Kinda miss Chrome though.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I use IE to read webcomics...It requires me to favoriate a page, click on the link my my favoriates, and update it when neccessary...It takes perhaps 2 seconds and doesn't have any lockup...

Or alternatively you can use IE to subscribe to the RSS feeds for all the Webcomics(I personally use Thunderbird for it since I may as well put it in with my emails), since most webcomics have one built in to the site (Generally labeled as RSS or Subscribe). This has the benefit that it you don't need to keep all the webcomics loaded, and you only need to reload a webcomic when there is an update (since it will tell you if there has been an update since you last visited)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Takes you two seconds to open a single one of them, my way it takes less than ten seconds to update all thirty of them.

I would have to use the web to find 25,920 different webpages to equate to the 72 hours you spent solving the problem...Even with 30 webcomics a day, it would still take you the better part of 3 years to catch up.

On balance, I prefer my way.

Mather, mass prodcution for decreased value. Soundddsss famillliaarrrr.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

There's no reduced value, just condensed enjoyment.

And no, I don't need an RSS feed, the only inconsistently updating webcomic I read is Homestuck, where inconsistency means unknown number of pages per day. And for it I've got MSPA Notifier on my computer and MSPA Barker on my phone.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1