The Back Room

stevepole

I think absolutely everybody else would disagree with you on that. If you're talking about an unnatural red then all it will serve to do is to look tacky and effeminate. Long-haired ginger males don't look like women because their hair is in actuality orangey. If the whole purpose of this dyeing is to attract a girl then why are you choosing a tacky feminine colour instead of choosing a manly medium-length cut.

Alternatively: I still stick by blonde if you're keeping it long.

8OeVB.jpg

qTLQRuS.png

Touya (Touma's father) and Heaven Canceler(the Frog-faced Doctor) aren't.

But yeah, of course almost everyone has some effeminate trait, seeing as it has more realistic characters than any other anime and in reality almost no one has purely masculine traits.

Res, red is not effimate.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yeah. I just real

And I will point out that conversations about who blocked who and why they did are not exactly productive, but just lead to recriminations.

On the contrary, having blocked Mather strikes me as an extremely productive step. And the new user interface has made it easier than ever!

@Earth: I thought Journey was only for the PS3?

Yeah. Just realized that. I'm quite sad now. No chill game for me to play, I guess.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I agree with Mather. Dating at ages below 25 is fine. The idea that we can find the perfect person, with no experiance, and accurately predict the next 60-80 years is, frankly, laughable. Is it really better to wait until you are 28, in a long term relationship, and finally start experiancing the knotted thing we call 'Love'/'Lust'/Whatever?

Also, since I am a redhead...It kinda depends on the light and if people can see your chin, strangely enough, as to whether it is masculine or feminine. Looking only at my eyebrows (and eyes) and above people say it looks very feminine. Whereas much below there and I swing to the other end of the scale =P

At any rate, if you choose a plastic red colour, as you have in that picture, it will do two things:

1st, it cannot really look good...As nef said it looks like a plastic wig.

2nd, it will last up to two weeks (usually alot less) before you look terrible because the roots have come through.

If you choose a more natural redhead version:

[hide]

co2WP.jpg

Which you probably can't pull off because of your complexion...Though the long hair could aid you considerably:

VaF9A.jpg

Ultimately though having red hair requires you to have a set of other features otherwise it doesn't really work...freckles are the most notable, though greenish eyes, flat, straight nose, rounded jawline. Its not really like blonds and brunettes...and to a lesser extent black-hairs...where you can just dye it and it works.

[/hide]

If you are going with the fake red:

[hide]

4bmOT.jpg

52Yvn.jpg

Its actually rather annoying that they all look so terrible. I knew a woman who went with the plastic red hair look and pulled it off reasonably well, even with the roots, though she was a natural brunette and ever so slightly crazy...Also she used the full works in make up, which is suprisingly effective and subtle (Another woman I knew managed to wear green eyeshadow for several months before I noticed, at which point I mentioned it and a room full of supposedly observant people had also not noticed it). In this case I believe she worn rather dark eyeliner and scarlet type (It really doesn't say with you =P It is amazingly forgetable) eyeshadow, as well as lipstick and such.)

[/hide]

I would probably recommend you go for the natural red head version, since at least, if you do it and it looks absolutely terrible, you can trim it back so that it looks rather cool, and when the roots come through they will blend more naturally.

Though obviously you could just buy more dye, though that would probably result in you killing your hair in a few months (As happened to a friend of mine, I found it fairly amusing, she did not). Alternatively you could use purple or red eyeshadow (Unless people look rather closely no one will actively notice) to offset the colour contrast, though we are firmly beyond my extremely limited (for a gay guy) field of expertises in hair care.

Final word, don't dye your hair into blond spikes...everyone who does is irredeemable. =p

Grim, Airline Food is served in the Air...it cannot but help to be up.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Touya (Touma's father) and Heaven Canceler(the Frog-faced Doctor) aren't.

But yeah, of course almost everyone has some effeminate trait, seeing as it has more realistic characters than any other anime and in reality almost no one has purely masculine traits.

Res, red is not effimate.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It looks sorta pink.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Now what was that about red hair being effeminate?

IMAG0151-1.jpg

So you got a girlfriend after all? I'm so proud of you!

Why does she have a beard, though?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Or if it's a matter of the strength of the dye instead of the color, you could try adding more.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Unless the screen was not pointed at your eyebrows as well I can't see what difference that would make?

Unless your dye was super-brilliant(Reflects light due to additives).

In either event, unless you plan to never be in the light with your new hair I would still recommend you lower the luminance.

Alternatively you could turn the screen off while you take the picture...Or sit further back...and thus show us what you mean.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Or if it's a matter of the strength of the dye instead of the color, you could try adding more.

That is a hilariously bad idea

You should try it, Mather

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh god I just read through the last 3 places of this thread

Long hair is not effeminate!

Coloured hair is not effeminate!

And getting a girlfriend is not a stupid idea.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The color of my eyebrows and beard is exaggerated because of the camera. For some reason whenever there are small details visible, such as individual strands of thicker hair (see eyebrows and beard), it increases the contrast, resulting in inaccurate relative colors.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Oh god I just read through the last 3 places of this thread

Long hair is not effeminate!

Coloured hair is not effeminate!

And getting a girlfriend is not a stupid idea.

I agree with you up to a point; long hair is not inherently effeminate, that is correct, but it is not inherently masculine either, and in most non religious cases not an expression of identity (it's also quite a bit more difficult to keep clean imo), dyed hair falls into a similar category (though it does not exactly have the religious reasoning behind it), with the problem that it requires regular upkeep (which may or may not get expensive).

I agree that getting a girlfriend is not stupid, however devoting time and energy exclusively to getting one (this does not mean making yourself more sociable) for no reason but you think you ought to have one is.

LNYvk.png

Mather, play Nimbus or Windward.

Pathfinder has none of the issues that you have with tabletop roleplaying games. You don't really have to work out much by yourself apart from occasionally rolling a d20 for skill rolls and making a few changes to your character sheet when you level up. Character creation is one of the hardest parts of learning the system and I'd be willing to do that for you.

Nimbus didn't have any of the issues you were complaining about. It uses the latin names for magic, we're limited to one magic and we there's none of the occult stuff that you didn't like.

qTLQRuS.png

Does anyone here play Vindictus? I'm not sure if I should get into it. I may get addicted to it if it;s as good as I've heard, but I'd like a second opinion.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Res, Nimbus is set in an era I absolutely cannot stomach and one of the greatest issues I have with tabletop roleplays is the character sheet. It would be impossible for me to play either without succumbing to unbearable mental anguish. The only reason I was able to participate in Crossroads after it was turned into a DnD was the fact that Retech provided me with the necessary traits to successfully ass around the way I can in Dungeoneering, albeit to a greatly reduced degree.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Res, Nimbus is set in an era I absolutely cannot stomach and one of the greatest issues I have with tabletop roleplays is the character sheet. It would be impossible for me to play either without succumbing to unbearable mental anguish. The only reason I was able to participate in Crossroads after it was turned into a DnD was the fact that Retech provided me with the necessary traits to successfully ass around the way I can in Dungeoneering, albeit to a greatly reduced degree.

It seems that Nimbus is now changing to a sort of post-apocalyptic london if that makes you like the setting anymore.

I just said that I would create a character sheet for you in windward, fi you could give me an idea about what type of person you want to be I can have a go (I love making character sheets). IMO you'd prefer magus whereby you're a melee fighter who can imbue any weapon with magic. I'm pretty sure you can use all weapons like that.

qTLQRuS.png