Farewell Runescape

knowsfords

Five years.

Over that period I have seen the community worsen day after day and a humble economy grow to something overly extraordinary which stagnates potential training avenues due to cost.

In short, I have grown weary of runescape. You may see me again occasionally, but for now I wish you all good luck in the game.

Since the time I've played in Septermber of 2001, the game has seen a decrease in the maturity of the players. I agree with you. I stopped playing for 1 year and came back to see the dramatic decline of the comunity.

Good luck in your future life.

Foooman.png

I'm up in the 5 year range with you too, getting kind of weary myself. I really hate how the fluctuations in the market make every conceivable avenue of training eventually less and less economical due to price manipulation :?

... not to mention all of the bad people with their increasingly provokative language. But as for me, I still have some things left in RuneScape to accomplish before I quit. After those years, all I have to show for it is full torags and a whip, and a couple of mill. Not... enough... pixels! :wink: Anyway, good luck with real life, hope you find some other game community to fit into :)

...and, this makes my 1000th tip.it post. There's another milestone for me :D

**5 Year PLayer**

Ive been playing for 5 years and till wishing i was good. hehe.. seems like there is ALWAYS tons of little kids being dumb and what not in the game. im begining to wonder why i even play anymore. (-_-).... im sad to see another Veterian quit playing. seel all your stuff and buy rares. that way if ya do come back. ya be rich.

mysig11sv5.png

community is terrible, i was mining gems today and a guy came and told me to leave because i didnt have any skills in top scores 10K? Why are there so many kids on this game who think they own it? What happend to being nice and jumping worlds if someone was already at a rarly used spot?

sig3gk6.png

Heh im only lvl 78 but i had some recent blow-outs with some kiddies that annoyed me to the max.

I was happily mining iron near Yanile then some level 55 comes up with a rune b axe and calls me a noob. Then says i hate you.

WTF what did i do?

Poochu.png

Good luck to you!

Sad to hear you how you feel about the community. I dont agree with you though. I think it all depends on your own view of things and what kind of friends you spend time with in the game wheter or not you will have a nice game experience.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Good luck to you!

Sad to hear you how you feel about the community. I dont agree with you though. I think it all depends on your own view of things and what kind of friends you spend time with in the game wheter or not you will have a nice game experience.

Yep, being a pmod I probably see alot of the worse side of the game.. however even so, I think its time to move on.

I'm up in the 5 year range with you too, getting kind of weary myself. I really hate how the fluctuations in the market make every conceivable avenue of training eventually less and less economical due to price manipulation :?

... not to mention all of the bad people with their increasingly provokative language. But as for me, I still have some things left in RuneScape to accomplish before I quit. After those years, all I have to show for it is full torags and a whip, and a couple of mill. Not... enough... pixels! :wink: Anyway, good luck with real life, hope you find some other game community to fit into :)

...and, this makes my 1000th tip.it post. There's another milestone for me :D

I don't think people like you understand the newer players as well as I do. We have to make many decisions that we don't really...know the conscequences of our actions.

I've been playing for around 2 years. I have full verac, fury ammulet, whip, obsidian shield, All the best accesories, full ahrim, and full karil.

You have much less...I think older players play much less, over a period of time. You usually make the right decisions...but sometimes they hinder you.

Example...The first time I went to the Kalphite Queen (Kq) A person there died and lost their helm. I had the conscious decision to give or back or take it. However, I only had 50k in the bank so I couldn't continue the trips. So...I took it.

However, when I got the drag chain it was kill #66. I split the chain drop with the guy 60:40 and used the extra money to repay him for the Verac's helm I stole.

Cheating, scamming, hacking, macrgoing...They are all bad, but not everyone does them.

-Please try to understand that....

i myself hav been playin 4 a long time too not quite as long as 5 years but still u've just gotta ignore ppl lyk that and single out the nicer ppl who u can make freinds and convo's with durin borin times... cause it'll b a shame to lose a skilled player lyk u :cry: ... but if u do leave gl in rl...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

I am currently deciding whether or not to wuit myself. It gets really annoying how rude people are now. They don't respect anyone.. There are the few people that don't annoy the hell out of me but most do as of late. Well it sucks that you are leaving...

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Really wish you weren't leaving :oops:

What I think is that since its a medieval game, if you play it as a single player it's actually more fun. Do the quests, explore the world. :D IT's fun!

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

There are nice ppl around, they just hide away in elf woods or somewhere else remote because the not so nice ppl are taking over the rest of the rs.

u should get to know urza for example, he is a nice bloke.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Good luck to you!

Yep, being a pmod I probably see alot of the worse side of the game.. however even so, I think its time to move on.

hehe , Sunli is also a pmod , she see what you see :D

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

well ive only been playin a year and im gettin annoyed cos of the imature newbs and mental players about. it wud be nice to get a little help now and again, instead its everyman for himself.

One lvl 60 guy asked me to help with a quest he was stuck on, i told him wot he needed to do and he was so shocked that i helped he gave me sum addy armour.

it mite not be much to u lot but it is to me.

and the point is that he oonly gave it me cos he was so surprised sum1 helpd him.

Sad to see a really old school player leave.. I have seen you on these boards for along time :wink:

Good luck IRL

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Guest skater789

I totally agree, i just started runescape last october, and the community is so bad. I cant even do killing green dragons without being called a noob. And a lost of people find ways around the censors to swear, or talk crude. It is just sad to see runescape this way, when ive heard it was such a nice community back in the day.

A friend of mine introduced me to RS a few months back. She was an "olde tyme" player from back in the days of RS Classic on two worlds. She has always only played RS in F2P, and now only plays for brief periods, and whenever she does play, it's with both her private and public chat turned off.

When I complained to her about the way some peeps played the game, or about comments they made, etc., she gave me this warning."Remember, this game is played by little children and, as such, they apply a child's simplistic morality and/or a child's sense of order to the game. You cannot expect them to understand the consequences of their actions. You cannot ask them to look beyond the scope of their own needs."

Listen -- I sympathize with you -- all of you -- I really do.

Personally, I try very hard to play this game as honestly and decently as I possibly can. I make an effort to help people in need. I answer as many questions as I can. I look up stuff for people, etc.

Still, I've been scammed a few times -- had a few others try to scam me -- and I've made efforts to try to help others avoid getting scammed.

I've been followed by hundreds of people looking for a handout.

I've had level 10 players offer me 100 logs for my black (g).

I've been insulted, chased, scammed, sworn at and stolen from.

Basically folks, we're back in the elementary schoolyard. The bully, the rat, the cheater -- they are all there.

Sadly, it's going to go away.

Still, I've done my best to find those people who play an honest game, who want to have fun, and I've added them to my friends list, and it's those players who make the game enjoyable for me.

nyuseg.png

why they didnt made a iq test before you can play rs?! so you first need to complete the test else you can try again in a year and if you fail 3 times you get ip banned :twisted: :twisted:

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

why they didnt made a iq test before you can play rs?! so you first need to complete the test else you can try again in a year and if you fail 3 times you get ip banned :twisted: :twisted:

Or in this case a grammar/spelling test.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I just surround myself with nice people. I met alot of people fighting abyssals and training slayer. I've also met alot of cool people on these forums, like my ol' buddy Creaphis.

I kinda find the little kids funny. I can usually beat them down in a nice, fair way. And if they do anything bad, I report them :P .

There is still tons of great people in runescape. You just have to find them.