30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

At Runefest 2011s You Be the Judge session, attendees chose a new Runecrafting training method from a choice of 5 potential updates. As promised, today sees the release of a brand-new Runecrafting training method: the Runespan.

The Runespan is an arcane plane of floating islands and wild magic, making it the ideal place for an evolution in Runecrafting training. You can siphon runes from the creatures that inhabit the Runespan, and from elemental nodes that manifest across its vast expanse.

Doing so will grant you runes (as well as a healthy stream of Runecrafting XP, of course), which can be used to activate the transport platforms installed by the wizards of the Runecrafting Guild. The further you traverse the Runespan, the higher the value of the runes you can craft, and the XP you gain from doing so.

While youre training, youll also have the chance to take part in two new D&Ds:

Stranded wizards: Youll always be able to return to your starting point within the Runespan, but some hapless hedge-wizards arent so well-prepared. Occasionally, a stranded wizard will call out for aid, and youll have the chance to help him home by bringing him the runes he needs. The grateful mage will no doubt have some Runecrafting experience to share with you for the favour.

Runespheres: Occasionally, a runesphere a conduit for pure, runic energy will manifest within the Runespan. Siphoning from its outer shell is not only excellent training in its own right, but will also provide you with rune dust. Piercing through the layers of the runesphere will be hard, and youll need the help of others to get through before the runesphere dissipates, but break through and youll be able to combine the dust with the spheres glowing core for a big XP reward.

The Runecrafting Guild claims ownership over the Runespan, and its only through their portals that the plane can be accessed. As such, youll have to hand in any runes crafted in the Runespan when you exit. Youll be reimbursed in points, which can be spent in Wizard Finixs shop on some unique rewards, many of which help traditional runecrafting in Gielinor. These include robes that enhance the wicked hood when purchased; recolouring options for the wicked hood and robes; staves which hold spell charges and absorb hostile spells; and a degradable pouch that can hold up to 18 rune or pure essence. Youll also be able to spend points on Esteem ranks, which unlock icons to customise your wicked robe set.

How to access the Runespan:

Speak to Wizard Finix in the Wizards Tower.

There are three levels to the Runespan. Everyone can reach the first level and a small part of the second, but you must be a member for full access to the second and third levels.

Mod Pi

In Other News

Trimmed completionist cape wearers will now need to attain the highest Esteem rank possible from training in the Runespan (rank 1) in order to wear their cape.

Over the next week, you'll find lily of the valley growing across the grassy areas of RuneScape.

Point gain in the Flash Powder Factory was slightly lower than intended, and has now been increased by approximately 10%.

EDIT: Patch notes added.

[hide=Patch notes]Graphical:

The ghostly face of Akrisae has been added to the Barrows Prayer-drain interface.

The Werewolf emote now delays the player as it plays.

An area used in The Golem no longer goes white with bloom enabled.

Damis' Lair is no longer bright white with bloom enabled.

An area used in a section of Summers' End no longer goes white with bloom enabled.

The iron sickle's wear model is now more closely resembles the inventory model.

Some willow trees south of Rimmington are no longer split in half and no longer hover.

The wield position of enhanced Excalibur has been altered to line up with auras.

Quests & Tasks:

The crystal mine key from Haunted Mine now works when on a steel key ring.

Some objects from Gunnar's Ground are now using the correct capitalisation.

Crafting a 4-dose potion now counts for completing the "Finding your Balance" task.

Skills & Minigames:

Finding the unlock locations in a dungeon for Fremennik Sagas no longer cuts off the unlock message. It is also now a colour that appears more clearly on fixed screen mode.

A "trivial" typo in the Moia saga has been fixed.

The mind interface in the Moia saga now suggests that the audio hints are optional.

Nomad in Dominion Tower will no longer get stuck between two pillars.

Starving NPCs will now only eat one item of stackable food during Temple Trekking.

An NPC cutting down a tree in Temple Trekking now shows the correct tree stump.

It is now possible to destroy Court Case objects if a player manages to get hold of them outside of a court case.

Other:

120 Dungeoneering is now announced through the player broadcast system. Broadcasts will also now only appear once for each achievement.

Several Grand Exchange armour sets are now using the correct derived prices from their components in the trade tracker.

Checks around bought Squeal of Fortune spins have been made tighter to prevent players from not receiving them.

The graphics options screen now fully displays in the lobby.

The make-x interface now shows cutting a red topaz as the cut version instead of the uncut.

A typo on the Investigator's Notebook in Player owned house bookcases has been fixed.

A typo on trying to quickswitch a Dungeoneering ring has been fixed.

Torch sound effects have been made quieter. [/hide]

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye no member gimmicks this week.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Interesting, now to play 'Find the bugs!' :D

EDIT: I clicked onto the Runespan section of the RSWIKI...damn Rick Roll'd.

EDIT2: Here's the patch notes:

[hide=Patch notes]Graphical:

The ghostly face of Akrisae has been added to the Barrows Prayer-drain interface.

The Werewolf emote now delays the player as it plays.

An area used in The Golem no longer goes white with bloom enabled.

Damis' Lair is no longer bright white with bloom enabled.

An area used in a section of Summers' End no longer goes white with bloom enabled.

The iron sickle's wear model is now more closely resembles the inventory model.

Some willow trees south of Rimmington are no longer split in half and no longer hover.

The wield position of enhanced Excalibur has been altered to line up with auras.

Quests & Tasks:

The crystal mine key from Haunted Mine now works when on a steel key ring.

Some objects from Gunnar's Ground are now using the correct capitalisation.

Crafting a 4-dose potion now counts for completing the "Finding your Balance" task.

Skills & Minigames:

Finding the unlock locations in a dungeon for Fremennik Sagas no longer cuts off the unlock message. It is also now a colour that appears more clearly on fixed screen mode.

A "trivial" typo in the Moia saga has been fixed.

The mind interface in the Moia saga now suggests that the audio hints are optional.

Nomad in Dominion Tower will no longer get stuck between two pillars.

Starving NPCs will now only eat one item of stackable food during Temple Trekking.

An NPC cutting down a tree in Temple Trekking now shows the correct tree stump.

It is now possible to destroy Court Case objects if a player manages to get hold of them outside of a court case.

Other:

120 Dungeoneering is now announced through the player broadcast system. Broadcasts will also now only appear once for each achievement.

Several Grand Exchange armour sets are now using the correct derived prices from their components in the trade tracker.

Checks around bought Squeal of Fortune spins have been made tighter to prevent players from not receiving them.

The graphics options screen now fully displays in the lobby.

The make-x interface now shows cutting a red topaz as the cut version instead of the uncut.

A typo on the Investigator's Notebook in Player owned house bookcases has been fixed.

A typo on trying to quickswitch a Dungeoneering ring has been fixed.

Torch sound effects have been made quieter. [/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

GINORMOUSPOUCHOFDOOM

Probably holds 15 sadly, going to ruin all the cool maths patterns in my head for now.

Totally forgot about the pouch though

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

GINORMOUSPOUCHOFDOOM

Probably holds 15 sadly, going to ruin all the cool maths patterns in my head for now.

Totally forgot about the pouch though

...and a degradable pouch that can hold up to 18 rune or pure essence.

Lol, got as far as trying to enter the high level entrance before it said "Loading 50%" and locked up.

Anyone notice in the reward shop that the Wicked Hood has a price? Is that the upgrade or is it just no longer free? I can't check for myself now...

2dgucz6.png

Whoever finds the undead soul first and post pic wins. I'm looking for it atm. Found a blood pool 150 xp.

Soul esswraith is 109 xp. Not quite as good as the pool.

Looks like there is living and undead soul, haven't found either but off for now. Bought rank 8 esteem pretty cheap. Good luck everyone.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Whoever finds the undead soul first and post pic wins. I'm looking for it atm. Found a blood pool 150 xp.

soulid.png

I found this? only the level 90 one though not 95, I'll keep looking :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Does anyone have a print screen of the rewards page?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Soul esswraith is 107 xp. Not quite as good as the pool.

Looks like there is living and undead soul, haven't found either but off for now. Bought rank 8 esteem pretty cheap. Good luck everyone.

eef8566a3e0b48810f5b1f1da0f22d16.png?1335794830

Undead, living soul and soul esswraith all in one island.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Lol, got as far as trying to enter the high level entrance before it said "Loading 50%" and locked up.

Anyone notice in the reward shop that the Wicked Hood has a price? Is that the upgrade or is it just no longer free? I can't check for myself now...

The same thing happened to me as well.

Does anyone know if the Wicked clothing items are available to F2P? Clicking on them in the shop just gives me a description and cost with no indication either way.

Edit: Great, now I'm stuck. Everytime I try and log in, I just keep getting the "Loading 50%" box and then it locks up. The first time in forever I get to try a new update as soon as it's released and I get glitched. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My main gripe so far is that you cannot enter directly to the top floor and to get the neccessary runes to reach the ladder u have to go all over the sodding place

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Way I see it so far, the spawn close to their counterparts, so if you have an island with soul esswraith for example, sooner or later a living soul will follow/undead.

I just had a living soul but I was unfortunate enough to not get a picture :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So you're not only draining undead souls but living ones as well? Runespan is turning us all into vampires! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Best xp seems like it may come from cmaping good spawn points, then grabbing any nodes tht pop up. Like the 1 island in top floor with 2 soul esswraiths

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue