30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

Why rely on the rs wiki when the rs wikia is way better?

Because Jagex has all the data now, where as rs wikia won't have the data till players obtain the items. I am guessing that based on the rates we have now that Jagex wiki will be updated with (semi-correct) data before we as players have access to all that content.

I trust wikia more than jagex wiki overall but this is for new information that players can't get yet because it takes so long.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why rely on the rs wiki when the rs wikia is way better?

Because Jagex has all the data now, where as rs wikia won't have the data till players obtain the items. I am guessing that based on the rates we have now that Jagex wiki will be updated with (semi-correct) data before we as players have access to all that content.

I trust wikia more than jagex wiki overall but this is for new information that players can't get yet because it takes so long.

Yeah I knew you were going to say that and I pretty much just wasted my breath :P.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm wonder if the new tele on wicked hood is better banking (for deposit only) than the tokkul ring.

Dumps ya like 2 squares away from a deposit chest in wizards tower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Something that myself, and a lot of other people are noticing is that as time goes on, the nodes in the runespan are getting really common. Some of the larger islands now have upwards of 20 nodes on them, and even all teh smaller ones are consistently at 2-3, when right after the release, most of the small islands didn't even always have one.

By the time 24 hours has passed, we are going to be wading through a sea of nodes.

It seems to me nodes can't despawn; they either get used or get spawned over (one or twice had a blood pool turn into a soul on me) so it is natural for the low end ones epsecially to accumulate.

Spawn rate also seems to be tied to either world population and/or population in-game. As it has gotten busier nodes are spawning more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It seems to me nodes can't despawn; they either get used or get spawned over (one or twice had a blood pool turn into a soul on me) so it is natural for the low end ones epsecially to accumulate.

Spawn rate also seems to be tied to either world population and/or population in-game. As it has gotten busier nodes are spawning more.

sjhZ.png

NodeScape

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Eh, I thought this would have puzzles or some other more active elements, like Ceremonial Sword making, instead of just being semi-AFK like Lava Flow...

In any case, I don't see myself standing here siphoning Blood Esswraiths for 20 hours. This is only "better" in the sense that there's so little attention involved.

What's the point of the chip off option? I seem to get more than enough essence just from fully siphoning a creature.

2dgucz6.png

Can somebody please eloborate on what the current best method is maximising xp/hr? (I don't mind if it is less afk than some other methods)

Get to tier 3 first ofc, then target high tier nodes, I think everything over body/nature is worth it. maintain your ess pile on the high tier esslings, probably death/blood.

Edit: Oh and go for the wizard too, but maybe dont go attempting to charge halfway across the map for it if you dont have a nice variety of essence.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

On w119 earlier, I managed to count 59 nodes on one island. It was just ridiculous lag-fest.

Couldn't even get a picture because they didn't fit onto my screen :L

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Can somebody please eloborate on what the current best method is maximising xp/hr? (I don't mind if it is less afk than some other methods)

Get to tier 3 first ofc, then target high tier nodes, I think everything over body/nature is worth it. maintain your ess pile on the high tier esslings, probably death/blood.

Edit: Oh and go for the wizard too, but maybe dont go attempting to charge halfway across the map for it if you dont have a nice variety of essence.

Fastest xp by a long shot seems to be camping out at a good spot for your best creature but equally grabbing any good nodes within a 1 island radius. Trying to chase down good nodes jsut wastes too much time, especially now spawn rate is fixed.

Good nodes are relative to what your max creature is.

So far I have found doing blood wraith's nebula, shifter, jumper, skulls, blood pool are worth it (and obvious bloody skulls, living soul and undead soul when stat's permit).

Wizard is worth it if he's close by (eg can see him from your island) ideally you wanna give him 10 of the rune he asks for, failing that the best rune you can spare 10 of maximises xp.

As for the question about chip off: It's because in theory the best xp is from nodes alone which don't give ess out. So it offers a fast way to garner ess supplies. But in reality of down time vs xp gain time it is better to camp creatures anyway, so not an issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Apparently the massive amount of nodes was a bug. Mod Pi's done a hotfix and the numbers should be going down.

Sad, was nice while it lasted.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I think this needs it's own world and it's own clan chat for giving locations to the yellow mage.

TIF do your thing!

The unofficial friends chat that's cropped up is Runespan HQ on world 46.

Edit: Which I've decided isn't that useful, because only a portion of the people on any level can see the yellow wizard at any time.

Did seem too good to be true. Less incentive to not camp at soul esswraith now other than to grab the occasional yellow wizard.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Did seem too good to be true. Less incentive to not camp at soul esswraith now other than to grab the occasional yellow wizard.

Talk about nerf though, there is no nodes at all now, before you could always find 2 or 3 chaotic clouds or the odd nebula, now there is nothing :(

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

The problem is most worlds are now chocked with existing elemental node spawns, meaning the high tier stuff wont spawn. Clearing out the elementals seems to return things back to normal

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I'm not sure if camping Law Esshounds and doing yellow Wizards on floor 2 untill 85 rc would be a good idea?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

I was enjoying this however the node nerf has made it a touch too' afkable to be as' enjoyable as it was for me. Its livid farm but slightly less hurtful.

Nodes appearing meant I had to DO something while still being semi-afkable. (Hell thats why im posting.. Im busy afking lol.) I see no point in running around as it just uses up points. Now its like 97% afkable so meh.. I already become second nature to just use the sound and half glance to click the other monster. Before I was being more active watching for node spawns = More interesting. Pretty much reduced to cutting ivy gameplay. Obviously there was far too many nodes before and something needed fixing.. Yet the spawn rate itself wasnt too bad as they wernt always desirable to use.

Its difficult to score this update as I was' enjoying it until recently. =s Nerfy Nerfy Nerf. If it isnt rebalanced again it will be a great shame. =s I was enjoying the layed back gameplay that still required actual attention for node spawns. (So its not proper afk=More interesting.)

I admit its bizarre that such a small change changes my enjoyment. Yet it has. Ivy cutting has breed with livid farm.

RIP Nodes

It just couldn't last could it, I was really enjoying it, I have 4,000 points now too :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png