30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

01-May-2012 14:36:53

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to fix the spawning of Runespan nodes and to fix both null items, incorrect items being given, and incorrect quantities of items being given on the Squeal of Fortune.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

[qfc]15-16-961-63710822[/qfc]

I don't know if I want to spend the time to get rank 1 esteem or not... by the time I'm done I'll have 20+ million RC exp. Seems like a huge waste of time. But apparently you have to do it if you want the completionist cape.

Trimmed Comp requirement.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I want to spend the time to get rank 1 esteem or not... by the time I'm done I'll have 20+ million RC exp. Seems like a huge waste of time. But apparently you have to do it if you want the completionist cape.

Only trimmed* completionist cape.

Which if you've done the Castle Wars requirement 100hrs at runespan is trivial.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Tried Runespan last night, and a little this morning. Will probably do some analysis on the fastest way to train RC in F2P.

Also, anyone else wish they'd make GOP robes help with runespan?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The current plan is siphon body esshounds with the 9-rune trick and siphon the occasional (worthwhile) nodes that appear. I suppose in 10 minutes we'll see if the nodes are any better.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Wtf is the 9 rune trick?

From the previous page:

It seems the creatures die after extracting 10 runes, but if you stop siphoning them the game forgets how many runes you've already taken.So if you re-click the esswraith every 9 runes, you'll never have to wait for respawns (assuming nobody else is siphoning the same one).

EDIT: Also, page five of [qfc]15-16-961-63710822[/qfc] has a post by Mod Easty confirming that Mod Pi fixed the bug where there were too many nodes spawning. There, happy you don't have to take my word for it anymore?

Flyingjj.png

Does the same trick work for nodes in some way?

Ninja'd.

Edited by Ashoke

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

So far nodes seem to be much more random to me. Sometimes draining it alone you get like 2 runes and it goes, others 3 of you can be there for a minute or 2 and get a good heap of runes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Had to share this with you, just beofre the update a Runesphere spawned, it was great everyone on runespan just went to look for it :)

rune.jpg

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Nodes don't seem to go away unless someone drains them. Which is annoying on the 2nd level in F2P, only low level members nodes are there.

♪♪ And I'm not done

It seems the creatures die after extracting 10 runes, but if you stop siphoning them the game forgets how many runes you've already taken.So if you re-click the esswraith every 9 runes, you'll never have to wait for respawns (assuming nobody else is siphoning the same one).

Counting runes? That sounds an awful lot like work. They respawn literally 3 seconds after they go down anyway.

Nodes don't seem to go away unless someone drains them. Which is annoying on the 2nd level in F2P, only low level members nodes are there.

I kinda feel like that's the point because (unless I've got my levels mixed) basically all the f2p stuff appears on the bottom floor and the middle floor stuff (esshounds etc) are all members. Basically making the point that you can kinda of try to use it for xp, even though half the stuff there is useless, the main purpose becoming LOOK AT THE SHINY MEMBERS THINGS! You saw them? Good now go pay for them, you know you want too!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Counting runes? That sounds an awful lot like work. They respawn literally 3 seconds after they go down anyway.

I don't bother counting. Click once, browse forums, come back click, etc.

Also how often do Runespheres spawn? I didn't see any when I was there yesterday.

icecube7.jpeg

So, why get F2P'ers actually get rewarded with points, when they can't buy a single thing from the shop? :s

That's the one thing I dislike about this update. There really aren't many things to spend points on outside of the (Useless) ranks and very expensive items. They could probably make it like GOP or DG and sell resources, runes, or experience to fix that.

I'm seeing more High level nodes (Souls) rather than skulls and blood pools? anyone else notice that?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

I kinda feel like that's the point because (unless I've got my levels mixed) basically all the f2p stuff appears on the bottom floor and the middle floor stuff (esshounds etc) are all members. Basically making the point that you can kinda of try to use it for xp, even though half the stuff there is useless, the main purpose becoming LOOK AT THE SHINY MEMBERS THINGS! You saw them? Good now go pay for them, you know you want too!

If they had a timeout so that other f2p nodes could spawn, I wouldn't mind so much. But having absolutely no F2P nodes because they're all crowded out by member nodes is annoying.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Body Esshounds are only on the 2nd level. They could at least have Fleshy Growths spawn near the body hounds.

Still, RuneSpan has nearly tripled the xp/hr for F2P Runecrafting. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...