30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An awesome update it seems to me. Even though that See the future thing kind of destroyed some of my eunthiasm for this...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

In regard to 7, note there is a rune start pack for 22 points, but it contains only elemental runes (at least on f2p). And since you don't need more than 5 runes, why would you want to store them? :S

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

In regard to 7, note there is a rune start pack for 22 points, but it contains only elemental runes (at least on f2p). And since you don't need more than 5 runes, why would you want to store them? :S

It would be much easier to travel around if you could store them.

I like this update. It gives the option of power levelling to people who just want to level up quickly, instead of the ones that want to make profit on the way.

And because of the reduction of runes on the market, it makes people who make runes earn more profit.

Just my opinion.

But I have received 5 spin tickets since I start siphoning! I don't even want them (its my way to boycott SoF)

Stockpiling astrals and logs as well.

Wondering why don't those scary looking esswraths attack us at all, even being drained.

The wizard doesn't really explain much of the wildlife in the runespan realm.

I like this minigame, great to have a choice of either getting faster xp or cash. I was 91 rc done the hard way before this came, and now ive pulled 1,3M xp since yesterday and bought the 25K staff and ill continue here untill lvl 99 :D

Arahamah.png

Just leveled to 80 RC. Before this week, that'd be a pretty impressive feat as a pure f2per. After this week, not so much.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

After testing it out and gaining some levels, I can definately see this as being my favorite and best update of 2012. Thanks Jagex. :thumbup:

S2buxtG.png

After testing it out and gaining some levels, I can definately see this as being my favorite and best update of 2012. Thanks Jagex. :thumbup:

To be honest though, the rest of the updates haven't been much competition :P.

Saying that, I'm liking it too. After getting a bit bored camping the same creature, I then went hunting nodes and found it fun. The runesphere seems pointless to me, and I'd probably avoid it for the most part (maybe doing some upper layers). Finding the wizard would be great if it was the same for everyone (add some community aspect to it), but for now it's ok but not great.

Is this AFKable? Guess Runecrafting is going to be my summer 99 along with Dungeoneering.

As of the Node update, it is afkable. As afkable as ivy, if not more.

Is this AFKable? Guess Runecrafting is going to be my summer 99 along with Dungeoneering.

As of the Node update, it is afkable. As afkable as ivy, if not more.

Tbh it is rather luck of the draw. I'd say it's less afkable than Ivy because usually the nodes run out faster than ivy does, with some exceptions that do last longer.

But still you need to look more often to avoid doing nothing, even if sometime it will be premature.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Note: Runes are automatically converted into points if you get a random event.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You mean if you are teleported away from Runespan?

I've had a fair few randoms so far, and every time I've finished them I've been brought back to the Runespan with the runes still in my invent.

Since when? (really curious, not accusatory) I spent all my time in the span since it came out and got 3 random events and when I came back I still had all my runes.

Flyingjj.png

I got teleported away for pinball and they all disappeared, and the message about converting them into points by leaving had appeared. It was a few minutes before my post.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Wait, does that mean you can cash in your runes for points in some other way? Like is there a wizard you talk to that gives you points for your runes? I've been here for 14k straight points so i have ALOT of runes i'd love to cash in lol.

Just leave by any method and they are automatically cashed in (even home teleport).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Must have happened during the fps update. I imagine it was to fix a loophole where you could potentially smuggle the runes out by waiting out the 5-minute timer to tele you out of the random, but that's just speculation and I don't know if that actually worked like that, it was just an idea I had.

Anyway, it's a dumb update because it means I can't keep myself comfortably stocked with all the runes I need at all times. :(

Flyingjj.png

Does anybody else find themselves unable to log in if they log out in RuneSpan? It freezes at 50% loaded for me, I've only been able to successfully log in once over the past 12 hours.

EDIT: This only happens on w61 where there's lots of people in the RuneSpan.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

So either it's a fluke or it's only certain random events. Could you please specify which random event it was?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png