30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

Don't even really need calls for good nodes, whilst what spawns when and where is random the nodes to an extent are linked to specific islands and you can just find a nice small area to camp where you can easily see like a 1 island raidus of good islands.

My 'base' island as a blood and death wraith and gets a fair amount of shifts and jumpers with a few skulls. Small islands north and SW get a lot of skulls, blood pools and bloody skulls (and the soul ones I can't do).

1 island south gets a lot of blood pools and skulls and jumpers. Good 80% of the time I can be on a skulls+ node in the area, 90% on nebula+ and the remaining 10% I got 2 blood wraiths which help with getting ess.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should give you points for turning in essence as well. Maybe like 0.1 per essence?

^ This

It's why I hate leaving the span, when I've got like 5k unused ess.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

They should give you points for turning in essence as well. Maybe like 0.1 per essence?

^ This

Or remove the essence from your inventory and put it in a counter that activates when you enter Runespan and doesn't clear when you leave.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

^ This

Or remove the essence from your inventory and put it in a counter that activates when you enter Runespan and doesn't clear when you leave.

If they nuke the spawn times of esshounds and esswraiths I would even be totally supportive of a 90% diminishing return when you return to the runespan. I honestly think that somewhere down the line runespan will be nerfed a bit because I feel there is simply just not enough traveling around from players. As I sit here typing this I am camping two islands for blood pools, bloody skulls, skull piles, undead souls, living souls and when they are all gone I end up syphoning maybe 3-5 soul esswraiths until a good one comes by on the two islands.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's not that moving around isn't 'worth it'.. but moving around is annoying. Finding the wizards is horrible when he teleports before you can give him runes. Sometimes (even with access to all the teleport platforms) you have to go way out of the way and around just to reach an island. Even if I got more xp/hr moving around, I wouldn't do it unless it was very significant. The issue is that it is bothersome to move around, and feels like its not worth the time.

If there was a countdown till wizard teleported, and more higher level platform teleports I'd be more inclined to move.

As it stands right now, moving is annoying.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I can confirm that when you get the pinball random, you lose all your runes

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I've had that random more than once in the span and have not lost my runes.

dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

That is awfully scary when you're sitting at nearly 24k points saving for the staff and cape.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

All I know is that last night I got the random but decided go to bed instead, woke up, did it. Had no runes.

but they got converted to points

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

All I know is that last night I got the random but decided go to bed instead, woke up, did it. Had no runes.

Oh then thats no big deal, honestly...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you don't complete a random, you get teleported to a random spot. Guess it tries to teleport you to a random location, but is unable to in Runespan. As a side effect, it removes your runes.

If you don't complete a random, you get teleported to a random spot. Guess it tries to teleport you to a random location, but is unable to in Runespan. As a side effect, it removes your runes.

Yes, any teleport outside runespan deletes your runes and converts them to points. The question is whether there is a random which removes the runes and doesn't give you points.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The question is whether there is a random which removes the runes and doesn't give you points.

If there is, that seems like a pretty big thing to have overlooked. There aren't that many randoms, surely they would have tested all of them.

I can only say for certain that the pirate captain and pillory randoms don't do it, but so far they're the only ones I've gotten while there.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You can't lose any runes if you successfully finish the random event. Obviously if you fail an event and get teleported outside the runespan, you will cash in the points and lose your runes.

Source: Me and my 171000 points (I've gone through the full random event cycle over 2 times already)

You can't lose any runes if you successfully finish the random event. Obviously if you fail an event and get teleported outside the runespan, you will cash in the points and lose your runes.

Source: Me and my 171000 points (I've gone through the full random event cycle over 2 times already)

I can confirm this as well. Have had every random, sitting on 130k~ points, never lost runes for completing a random properly.

dea6a17b9c.png

Runecrafting is definitely the new cooking. I'm seeing little noobies with terrible stats having 85+ RC as their highest skill. I'm actually kinda hoping for a nerf now.

Hopefully the nerf can wait 2 days, since I've just hit 98.

Yeah, I of course don't want them to nerf it until I'm 99 :P.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Runecrafting is definitely the new cooking. I'm seeing little noobies with terrible stats having 85+ RC as their highest skill. I'm actually kinda hoping for a nerf now.

*Nods*

*Looks at you and does a double take*

Now wait a minute...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

*Nods*

*Looks at you and does a double take*

Now wait a minute...

wat?

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

The xp rates even now are not just a little better than ZMI. The xp rates are anywhere from 50-80% more than that assuming ZMI gets 55k an hour. If anything I think the xp rates from runespan should have never exceeded 75k an hour at level 99 excluding the yellow wizards.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Meh I think technically I am a noobie getting some nice xp out of this update too.

My rc was my 2nd or 3rd lowest skill before update. It was about 16.2m xp before I began and now I am sitting on 25m xp. I havnt even got close to finishing either. So im insignificantly racing up the hs a bit with my newbie rc xp jump. Bit over half way done... I should note I didnt use effigies on rc so it was pretty much traditional training. Hugely nats even. Partially zmi.

I should probably go over double my xp by the time I am finished just getting the rewards alone.. o_0 :unsure: Making rc one of my higher' skills. Certainly a BIG jump from lower to higher lol. Im not that fussed by being devalued as everything is by fact you can just -buy- xp. Yet I do have to notice that I am doubling my xp in a much MUCH shorter time span that it took me to get it originally.

Not to be forgotten its quite simple and largely afkable style - Though alot of attention is needed if want higher xp rates even if you are afking. Multiple monitors and big res help.

I have to admit it does kinda need nerfing just to keep in line with xp rates. The xp rates are xp rates you would expect a few years down the road. Funny story - I dont even care about the xp - I just want the stuff unlocked. (Its also quite fun imo.)

Highly doubt jagex will change anything. Giving us free spins every week for visiting that location doesnt count either. Pop up adverts for sof every time we jump between islands might slow us down. (Dont give them ideas.)

Why is making Runecrafting easier a bad thing? Before this it was universally despised for being one of the slowest and most tedious skills in the game (For reference: Slayer: Slow but fun / Construction: fast but tedious). It stopped justifying that by being the most profitable sometime in 2008-09, and I don't think Jagex has touched it since adding the blood altar/ZMI (Whichever came second).