30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Freaky Forester and kept all of my runes, was pleasantly surprised.

Same here.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I think the guy's idea was to get something like the sandwhich lady and screw up on purpose. Do you still keep your runes when she telies you to a random spot or do you get them converted to points?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

On release day if you got taken by a random and failed it you were put in a random spot and lost all your points so this what they fixed I guess.

Also, is it me or are nodes now lasting way longer than before? A Blood Pool came up and we were siphoning it for a good 5 minutes before it disapeared.

Sylpheed.png

Also, is it me or are nodes now lasting way longer than before? A Blood Pool came up and we were siphoning it for a good 5 minutes before it disapeared.

Definitely. Not a stupid amount of time, but enough that i'm perhaps using nodes (nature and up) about 80% of the time hopping only between 2/3 islands. If there are no decent nodes, I do blood wraiths until some spawn. Pretty relaxed training.

I just realized fleshy growths require only 20 runecrafting-that's a bit low for the best f2p xp in the whole activity all of RuneScape. I think you would be getting one level a minute at that pace. (Although I'm not sure how many spawn on the first floor and the second floor requires level 33.)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

At 20 RC you're not going to be getting xp from them very consistently (that, and you can't access level 2 at 20 RC anyway). I'm level 57 and found firestorms give xp much more regularly.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Protip I was given earlier today: If you leave and re-enter and thus need to find some runes to work back up to farming nodes on the upper level, talk to the Wizard - he'll let you trade some of your points back into runes (10 of each you can make; costs 150 pts if you're levels 66-77, ~170 for >77). That's enough to get you back upstairs and start farming again, and the runes you don't use will just be converted back into the same amount of points when you next leave (and it saves tons of time).

I really like this update. Even beyond the awesome graphics (they may have gone overboard on the number of floating islands, but hey, there are worse things in the world) and awesome xp rates in what used to be tied for my most hated skill, they made the activity engaging enough for me to do it for long periods of time without feeling like I was just clicking in two spots over and over again. Also, more weight reducing clothes + upgrades to the wicked hood? Yes please! And once I have the full set, I can always save points for some nice staves, or for when I'm able to use that new massive pouch.

Overall? I love this update. (I also love that they've been willing to nerf it when it's become a little too good, instead of sticking it in the game and never touching it again.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Overall? I love this update. (I also love that they've been willing to nerf it when it's become a little too good, instead of sticking it in the game and never touching it again.)

I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but between the nerf and the un-nerf, my XP rate actually increased. I believe the nerf was implemented due to the fact that nodes spawning everywhere looked ridiculous, not because they realized the XP was too high. For if it were the latter, where are they now?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but between the nerf and the un-nerf, my XP rate actually increased. I believe the nerf was implemented due to the fact that nodes spawning everywhere looked ridiculous, not because they realized the XP was too high. For if it were the latter, where are they now?

Nodes being everywhere and xp being higher go hand in hand, to suggest otherwise is kinda of ludicrous. It's common sense that as highest xp comes from nodes when you have like 5 of the best nodes on a single island pretty much permanently it is creating higher xp. It most certainly lowered xp rates as whilst there are still good nodes to go too 80% of the time you actually do have to move between locations (even in a small radius) to get to them.

For the random event thing:

I've not lost my runes ever going into a random event and it sounds kinda silly to suggest they would make that happen. Particularly in the top floor losing all your runes would royally screw you over. Every island does have monsters to ensure you can use at least 1 path off of it, but it's not exactly easy on the top floor to re-gain a good spread of runes unless you are lucky with nodes because other than near the ladder there aren't all that many esslings about; in fact the other day I ran out of water runes and had to travel and went off to try and seek some out (seeing as the only water essling I knew of was across the jump needing water runes from my camp spot) and ended up teleing out cause I got half way around the area and was running out of routes to take due to rune shortages and not particularly useful monsters about to aid my travel.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nodes being everywhere and xp being higher go hand in hand, to suggest otherwise is kinda of ludicrous. It's common sense that as highest xp comes from nodes when you have like 5 of the best nodes on a single island pretty much permanently it is creating higher xp. It most certainly lowered xp rates as whilst there are still good nodes to go too 80% of the time you actually do have to move between locations (even in a small radius) to get to them.

Yes, but they (seem to) last longer now.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yes, but they (seem to) last longer now.

Even so pre-nerf you'd have maybe 0.5 seconds down time every minute or so swapping between the five good nodes on your island.

Now even if a node or two lasts like 5 minutes it's still a good 5+ seconds travelling to get 1 island over (or more) for another good node.

So overall downtime between nodes would still work out more most of the time (obviously sometimes you get nice nodes popping up beside you b4 you finish the one you are on) especially seeing as it's not all nodes that are lasting much longer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The xp is mad in RuneSpan. Got from 86 to nearly 88 today without much effort. Sure makes the diaries requiring RC much easier.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

So if I were to enter this place, what the best way to get Rc xp?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Join a runespan FC, listen to good nodes near you, siphon the closer ones you spot yourself and if all else fails, siphon the wraiths. The wizard should also be visited when possible.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

I've not lost my runes ever going into a random event and it sounds kinda silly to suggest they would make that happen. Particularly in the top floor losing all your runes would royally screw you over. Every island does have monsters to ensure you can use at least 1 path off of it, but it's not exactly easy on the top floor to re-gain a good spread of runes unless you are lucky with nodes because other than near the ladder there aren't all that many esslings about; in fact the other day I ran out of water runes and had to travel and went off to try and seek some out (seeing as the only water essling I knew of was across the jump needing water runes from my camp spot) and ended up teleing out cause I got half way around the area and was running out of routes to take due to rune shortages and not particularly useful monsters about to aid my travel.

The only random I heard of taking away your runes is the pillory. Which I guess is cuz it doesn't teleport you to a special area, it teleports you to the cage in Varrock or Yanille or whatever. Presumably a bug.

The only random I heard of taking away your runes is the pillory. Which I guess is cuz it doesn't teleport you to a special area, it teleports you to the cage in Varrock or Yanille or whatever. Presumably a bug.

I got a pillory and had all my runes still....

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Realizing I wouldn't be needing my air talismans or blank tiaras anymore, nor a full bank, I sold off the ~400 in my bank. I put the talismans in for 1gp and they sold off for a total of 1800gp (about 4.5gp each). I think a part of me just died.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Realizing I wouldn't be needing my air talismans or blank tiaras anymore, nor a full bank, I sold off the ~400 in my bank. I put the talismans in for 1gp and they sold off for a total of 1800gp (about 4.5gp each). I think a part of me just died.

I know it's different for F2P, but hearing of people using talismans just sound so retro!

Between Tiaras, Omni talisman and Wicked hood I don't think I've owned a talisman for more than 5 minutes in several years.

Bought them all briefly once to unlock omni (and then gave them away to clan mates) and bought them briefly again to feed the wicked hood.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think the guy's idea was to get something like the sandwhich lady and screw up on purpose. Do you still keep your runes when she telies you to a random spot or do you get them converted to points?

I've never had a random take away my runes yet, and I've had nearly all of them so far. And I don't see how smuggled runes would be any use, they're not actual runes according to spellbooks.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Keeping them means you could go back with all your runes and wait till you *wanted* points. This would mean no more regathering. I think that would be very much better. Especially if the wizards stored them for you when you exited, and only converted to points when you wanted them to.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014