30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

The glitch seems to be tied to the runesphere, so if you don't have one it won't go wild. Things start going off the rails either when it appears or when its been mined through (things seemed fine during the search, so I think its once its been minded to the core). When it vanishes, everything goes back to normal. That was good for at least 40k xo too (the glitch period).

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not speculation for anyone who was in Runespan earlier. It is blazingly obvious to anyone who was around when we we're swimming in nodes that they changed it. That or the RuneScape servers are now allowed to change the variables that control node spawns of their own free will.

That or the RuneScape servers are now allowed to change the variables that control node spawns of their own free will.

servers allowed to change the variables on own free will.

servers...free will.

250px-GLaDOShd.png

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

Woohoo it's back like it was yesterday, time to get some nice XP again :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

BRB not letting future daughter play RS

Remember, bring your daughter to work day is the perfect time to get her tested.

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

BRB not letting future daughter play RS

Remember, bring your daughter to work day is the perfect time to get her tested.

Took the words right out of my mouth. o_o

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

I'm wondering if the theory that an exposed core releases energy making more nodes wasn't correct. This world has it's exposed, and while you could argue there are more nodes than there should be, its not a node fest of unlimited every changing nodes like it was earlier.

3rd floor is definitely getting extras though.

I'm wondering if the theory that an exposed core releases energy making more nodes wasn't correct. This world has it's exposed, and while you could argue there are more nodes than there should be, its not a node fest of unlimited every changing nodes like it was earlier.

3rd floor is definitely getting extras though.

Perhaps it wasn't meant to be as prolific as it was earlier and those spawn rates were left unfixed from the original node issue and it has been hotfixed?

Eg there is a mechanic there it was just overpowered earlier.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They made Runecrafting interesting and relaxing actually. I like it.

This update might be nice for people who like to afktrain skills, but i despise this update.

Runespan in a nutshell:

1: go to an empty world

2: find a spot with the highest level creature you can leech from

3: click on the creature

4: wait till he's dead

5: wait for the creature to respawn.

There you go, repeat steps 3-5 a lot of times and you just got 99 rc. Fully afk-able and better xp than crafting bloods. They just made runecrafting like woodcutting and fishing, afk and level up.

And you are not even crafting runes. While the skill is called runecrafting. Runecrafting used to be one of the hardest skills to level up, only the most dedicated people would eventually reach 99 and get that highly sought-after cape. That all has changed now.

Why they made this update is beyond me. The lack of creativity in this runespan is painful to watch. This, in my opinion, is the worst update ever in runescape, including the removal of free trade and the squeal. I am extremely disappointed. Jagex, you just kicked runecrafting as a skill and everyone who liked to train it in the balls.

I'm going back to crafting bloods with my lovely teletabs and morytania legs. Now, that is actually crafting runes.

Leonxb.png

This update might be nice for people who like to afktrain skills, but i despise this update.

Runespan in a nutshell:

There you go, repeat steps 3-5 a lot of times and you just got 99 rc. Fully afk-able and better xp than crafting bloods. They just made runecrafting like woodcutting and fishing, afk and level up.

And you are not even crafting runes. While the skill is called runecrafting. Runecrafting used to be one of the hardest skills to level up, only the most dedicated people would eventually reach 99 and get that highly sought-after cape. That all has changed now.

Why they made this update is beyond me. The lack of creativity in this runespan is painful to watch. This, in my opinion, is the worst update ever in runescape, including the removal of free trade and the squeal. I am extremely disappointed. Jagex, you just kicked runecrafting as a skill and everyone who liked to train it in the balls.

I'm going back to crafting bloods with my lovely teletabs and morytania legs. Now, that is actually crafting runes.

That's cute and all but a lot of people with the main goal of maxing (me) really despised the skill and i would have had to use lamps/effigy/penguins/trollinvasion/ect.. to max. Now i have a chance at maxing where i can actually train the skill. If the nodes are fixed it isn't completely afk considering the best xp is watching for the best nodes that spawn near your wraith and finding the yellow wizard.

Low_C.png

Runespan in a nutshell:

The whole point of this update is to make Runecrafting more beneficial for people like you. With 90% of people training via this now, the cost of runes should go up, allowing people like you to make a lot more profit for your troubles. RC has been severely lacking in competitive profit since 2006.

The previous best method was ZMI which was essentially click like mad for very low profit/break even and acquire mediocre xp.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Runespan in a nutshell:

You can do it like that if you want, but the faster xp is to chase nodes instead of creatures, and find the wizards for xp bonuses.

Hopefully the price of runes goes up a little but this clearly shows what every skill has. 1 easy method that has good exp, reasonably afk-able but doesn't make money and the other method which is more intensive, lower exp but gives good profits.

Cheers,

Runecrafting is now designed like the rest of Runescape. Nothing new here.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Don't know if I should be happy that I assisted 91-99 runecrafting. Finished off that skill 3 weeks ago and I didn't even buy my cape. That skill just lost what little respect it had left tbh.

Wonder how long it will be before it's tweaked...

But yes, it will be awesome to have competitive profits from double astrals and natures.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I think you'd be surprised how many of the high level runes came from RC. Certainly most of the lower level runes are drops, but astrals are rare as drops, and a lot more of them came from crafting.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

250px-GLaDOShd.png

Do you know what doesn't rhyme with Runespan?

Neurotoxin.

It's NOT hidden in the runespheres, in fact, I've never even seen a runesphere before in my life.

What really is the xp/hr now while afk or concentrating ? I heard jagex reduced it, which is a good thing imo considering its afk...and still faster than zmi

Anyone saying that RC lost any respect is implying it had any respect in the first place. You have 99 RC? Who the hell cares? If you really need acclaim from random people as you walk around in your RC cape, or think people actually care about your "achievement", something is definitely wrong with you.

Runespan in a nutshell:

They don't care about creativity or making skills easier, they just want people to subscribe.

They don't care about creativity or making skills easier, they just want people to subscribe.

Except that it's actually fairly creative. The environments are beautiful and don't lag as much as Taverly did when they reworked it (Especially stage 2), the mechanics are much better than normal Runecrafting, and it addresses the fact that Runecrafting was the skill that people pointed to when they wanted to complain about grinding in the game. It's even available to free players (The first floor at least... Which covers the same runes as F2P RC).

You can't really blame Jagex for the fact that the first thing players did was find the best way to play it.

Unrelated: Yay, 7000 posts. I've been here far too long.