30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

Ketchup, I pasted an image on the previous page that you should look at. If you compare that with every area now, you'll see a massive difference. I was only finding one node every few islands, and it was generally a lower one, after the hotfix.

EDIT: Got it for you:

[hide=]sjhZ.png[/hide]

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the people in my Runespan group on w60 found the problem.

Apparently, the huge amount of nodes in the 1st Floor prevent nodes from spawning on the upper floors. Because of the mass of 20 fire nodes on one island down below, we couldn't get any Nature nodes.

A few of us went down to clean 'em up, and they started appearing up top again. Not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but I'm hoping Jagex fixes this sometime soon!

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Actually, the people in my Runespan group on w60 found the problem.

Apparently, the huge amount of nodes in the 1st Floor prevent nodes from spawning on the upper floors. Because of the mass of 20 fire nodes on one island down below, we couldn't get any Nature nodes.

A few of us went down to clean 'em up, and they started appearing up top again. Not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but I'm hoping Jagex fixes this sometime soon!

I noticed this in F2P as well. There are some P2P nodes that pop up (probably as a P2P teaser) that can't be siphoned. This leads to a bunch of P2P nodes allowing only a few F2P nones to spawn. Quite anoying.

For fun, I did some rought personal training xp rates (so they aren't meant to be word of god accurate, just enough to tell me what to do).

These are at 78 RC.

Law: 39k xp/h with 1200 points/h

Death: 42k xp/h with 1750 points/h

Blood: 39k xp/h with 1600 points/h

For anyone wondering, at 78 you fail a fair number of death, and a large number of blood, which is why the they are all so close.

The levels should have their own node caps.. come ON jagex, that should be damned obvious. Think about how the game plays when its abandoned not just when hundreds of people play it.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

This update was kind of a cross between livid farm (mediocre rewards that take way too long to get) and flash powder factory (major nerf almost immediately after release). I really wish that Jagex would simply lower the XP rates but keep the high amount of node spawns... honestly, think how boring it is to click the same soul wraith for over 100 hours?

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

Pro tip: There are some levels (read: most) where you get more exp for giving the wizard the highest level rune you can make rather than the one he's asking for. For example, at level 73 I get 2044 exp for the runes he asks for but around 3.5k exp for giving him death runes (Unless he's asking for death runes, then I get the 2044 exp. <_< )

Flyingjj.png

I knew it would get nerfed. It was far too fun... now the best xp is camping. Shame.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This update was kind of a cross between livid farm (mediocre rewards that take way too long to get) and flash powder factory (major nerf almost immediately after release). I really wish that Jagex would simply lower the XP rates but keep the high amount of node spawns... honestly, think how boring it is to click the same soul wraith for over 100 hours?

It would be extremely boring if you actualy watched yourself do it, or you could treat it like ivy and watch tv shows/play xbox while you get 99 rc. Thanks to this update a max cape is actualy forseable on my account.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

It's actually got much worse now, after lasts night nurf session there is nothing now, I cannot find a water pool for love nor money :(

Time to tele out untill it sorts itself out, what a shame...

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Was going to go for the highest tier staff but after reading you need 90 RC for it I doubt that's happening... There's no reason for me to bother training that high when I can just stew from 86 to complete diaries. The staff itself isn't good enough to warrant an additional 4 levels of runefishing if RSWiki's stats for the middle tier one are to be believed (no damage bonus, for one).

2dgucz6.png

According to some rsof threads Mod Pi said in her friend chat late ast night (after the hot patch) the other extreme of nodes was a bug and being worked on, though obv not gonna go back to as high as release.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey all,

Just so you all know, we are aware of the lack of Runespan nodes currently. We've got a fix planned for this that we're aiming to release later today.

Apologies for the issue,

Mod Easty

I have no idea how to use QFC,

[qfc]15-16-417-63710588[/qfc]

Edited by Quyneax
Fixed QFC.
ib7rVm.png

Apparently esteem lowers your fail rate on siphoning runes. So I'm guessing this would greatly benefit xp/hr. Says on rs wikia rank 5 esteem has half the fail rate of rank 10. It could be wrong but if that's true, Xp/hr could get very fast.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Apparently esteem lowers your fail rate on siphoning runes. So I'm guessing this would greatly benefit xp/hr. Says on rs wikia rank 5 esteem has half the fail rate of rank 10. It could be wrong but if that's true, Xp/hr could get very fast.

Sounds like bs to me.

Can't say I noticed any difference in esteem I've bought, fail rate is tied to rc level.

Plus every piece of dialogue, official wiki etc says esteem is just for logos on the wicked robes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I bought Rank 4 Esteem just for the heck of it. I bought Rank 10 just for lulz and suddenly this thing in my head clicked.

Anyway I can't see myself using any of the other rewards, so all I'm probably gonna do is just get points for Esteem.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Tbf the wicked cape is a most win of the rewards.

New best weight cape in-game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hmmm, I'm getting about 45k-50k exp per hour just siphoning the blood or death esswraiths at 89 RC, but my fail rate is absurdly high. The first hours I also went looking for nodes (during the nodefest), which then gave me like 70k exp/h, combined with a few yellow wizards and siphoning of passing esswraiths. Overall, I like the update, especially the graphics, just take a look at the sky! I never thought RuneScape would evolve that far graphics wise. The only downside is that camping now is the best way to get exp, I hope that gets resolved when the nodes are back up. And I really want to know where that RuneSphere went to, was looking for it for 5 hours, haven't seen it once.

It seems the creatures die after extracting 10 runes, but if you stop siphoning them the game forgets how many runes you've already taken.

So if you re-click the esswraith every 9 runes, you'll never have to wait for respawns (assuming nobody else is siphoning the same one).

And what about siphoning them with 2 or more people? Does it die when the first person gets 10 runes, or would it be a different mechanic there?

First person to 10 breaks the essling.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't know if I want to spend the time to get rank 1 esteem or not... by the time I'm done I'll have 20+ million RC exp. Seems like a huge waste of time. But apparently you have to do it if you want the completionist cape.