30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll crosspost this from XPW.

Finding yellow wizard then giving him the runes he asks for gives you xp dependant on level.

At 98 RC I got 7448 for finding him.

[Level *76]

- The runes you have in your inventory determine the amount of points you have.

- Therefore each time you go across an island or hand runes to a wizard you lose points.

Points given per rune acquired approx: (Ongoing)

Air - 0.1

Water - 0.33

Fire - 0.5

Body - 1

Cosmic -

Nature - 1.5

Death - 2.5

Blood - 3

Soul - 3.5

Will edit this as I go.

I'm not sure how effective a FC type thing would be or working in teams as I'm not sure if the yellow wizard is the same for everybody.

I believe it calls every 10min from when you found him/cashed in reward last & not from when the message went out.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Air Esshound - 9 or 10 exp.

Water Essling - 12 or 13 exp.

Earth Essling - 14 or 15 exp

Body Esshound - 23 exp.

Cosmic Esshound - 26 or 27 exp.

Chaos Esshound - 31 or 30 exp.

Astral Esshound - 35 or 36 exp.

Nature Esshound - 44 or 43 exp.

Death Esswrath - 60 exp

Nebula - 63, 64 or 85 exp.

Chaotic Cloud - 62 exp.

Cyclone - 19 exp

Mind Storm - 20 exp

Soul Esswrath 106-107 (seems to be 106.5 watching it iterate between 106 and 107, rather than 2x106 and a 107 for a .33 etc etc)

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Couple of people have reported obtaining strange rocks whilst siphoning. Is anyone able to confirm? (I cant get the next set of rocks until the end of the week).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Couple of people have reported obtaining strange rocks whilst siphoning. Is anyone able to confirm? (I cant get the next set of rocks until the end of the week).

Yes you can.

You can get ... spin tickets too.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yes you can.

You can get ... spin tickets too.

Excellent x2. That'll make getting the rocks more fun...and who doesnt love sof?

afk runecrafting thats just as fast as zmi if not better? thanks jagex.

edit

at 72 runecrafting I'm getting ~50 k exp/hr siphoning the law esshounds

I've spoken to several people who are 90+ saying that at those levels their getting around 90 - 100 k exp/hr. Could be speculation though.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Next week's update:

"We have reassessed the experience rates at Runespan and after extensive analysis of its economic effects and balancing, we have decided to reduce the rates by 50%. This will hit the target we were originally aiming for. As added incentive, you can cash in your Runespan points for Squeal of Fortune spins! Thank you for understanding."

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Can someone post the cost for each reward item?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

The runesphere is same mechanic as a shooting star.

Will post what we find when its empty.

energy core for trade in.

It shows you in the tutorial

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have a bit twisted feelings about this update...

It seems somehow wrong that the fastest xp to a certain skill comes from a minigame. Basically you could get from 1 to 99 without ever even going to the altars or creating "proper" runes. That kinda reminds me of how Pest Control was before it was nerfed. For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if Jagex nerfed the minigame after some weeks/months. Would somehow fit to the image Jagex has when it comes to this kind of situations. However on the bright side, RC was seriously in need of an update that changed the nature of the skill. Slow, requires a lot of clicking&attention and repetitive aren't the words skills should have to be described with. Was this the right thing to is another question, but at least those words don't have to refer to rc anymore.

From the economic point of view, this update might have been a catastrophy, a blessing or something between those lines, depending how much people will start doing it and how do they see things. It's a cruel fact that this update will take away people from doing "real" runes. That could mean less supply, meaning higher prices for the runes. However I used the verb "could" for a reason: it depends how good the wicked robes will be, how big total effect will the new pouch have and how many people will get the inspiration to RC and the levels for higher double runes.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Surprisingly, I've had absolutely no lag or slowdown at all in any of the floors even with graphics settings maxed. Yet, one trip to edge and my laptop still spazzes out.

To the guy above, Jagex have stated numerous times that they want rune prices to go up as a result of the RuneSpan to make traditional Rcing to be more profitable which, to be honest, I completely agree with. Polypore staff has made Mage stupidly cheap to use so I see no issue with rune prices going up.

I don't really see how it's a minigame either, more of a self contained skilling area akin to HH.

Sylpheed.png

The runesphere is same mechanic as a shooting star.

Will post what we find when its empty.

energy core for trade in.

It shows you in the tutorial

Tutorial also screws you over on collecting dust from a real sphere

0g76u.jpg

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

10 xp per dust from runeshard thing.

Rofl waste of time.

Yea, it's such a waste of time. I mean, you only get rc exp from actually siphoning it (with higher level spheres giving more exp) plus 10exp per dust, of which you can trade in 1k at a time giving you a bonus 10k exp on top of the fact that it lasts for ages meaning you can afk it.

Sylpheed.png

Hmm... I'll have to check out the RuneSpan... :-k

As for this...

Next week's update:

"We have reassessed the experience rates at Runespan and after extensive analysis of its economic effects and balancing, we have decided to reduce the rates by 50%. This will hit the target we were originally aiming for. As added incentive, you can cash in your Runespan points for Squeal of Fortune spins! Thank you for understanding."

What the?!?!? DON'T GIVE JAGEX IDEAS!!! :angry:

Heck, look in that hide tag below to get an idea of how I feel about people giving companies bad ideas!

[spoiler=Image inside... Click to view...]hay-idiot-shut-up-before-i-kill-you-thumb.jpg

~D. V. "And I normally don't pull out images like this!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)