30-4-2012 The RuneSpan

Sylpheed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the method I was using was.

6 x wizard in an hr on middle floor = 45k xp + just siphoning nodes as I went which gave close to 60k an hr.

Not sure what camping the 2x souls on top level vs hunting wizards + random creatures on med lvl is now though.

Just got 99 o well.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I'm getting 71.2k xp/hr by solely camping blood wraith and finding the wizard every 10 mins. Seeing nodes i'm sure will increase that a bit.

Low_C.png

The problem with hotfixes is this wasn't actually quality tested, and Jagex will probably forget about it and leave us with this for a few months until they notice they screwed up the xp rates (like they did with the flash factory today).

I was hoping they would make it so there wasn't a ludicrous number of weak nodes, not totally annihilate your chance of finding even a chaotic cloud. Also, they have totally removed the incentive to not camp, because if you actually leave your law hound to look, there is nothing out there.

So this is more of a nerf than a rebalance or even a bug fix, unless this was how it was supposed to work (camping).

EDIT: And if this is how its going to stay, I can't see this place being very busy.

6 x wizard in an hr on middle floor = 45k xp + just siphoning nodes as I went which gave close to 60k an hr.

Not sure what camping the 2x souls on top level vs hunting wizards + random creatures on med lvl is now though.

Just got 99 o well.

If I may ask, why were you on middle floor when you were so close to 99 ?

Seems wizards give the same xp whatever the floor is.

Single or double soul wraiths doesn't make alot of difference since they spawn so fast.

O, and congrats on the elusive level !

Tsjilp.png

Just got 99 o well.

Single or double soul wraiths doesn't make alot of difference since they spawn so fast.

I was on middle floor for one reason. The blue wizard where you enter the runespan is always there. So just before the 9minute mark I'd head to him, ask for location of yellow & head to the yellow. This allowed me to get 6 wizards an hour so I could turn runes in straight away to the wizard and start the 10minute timer again. All wizards on top floor are random and it's hard to find a blue wizard let alone the yellow one.

qjDiz.png

Apparently the massive amount of nodes was a bug. Mod Pi's done a hotfix and the numbers should be going down.

Sad, was nice while it lasted.

Can we get a source or quote for this Hotfix please? I looked everywhere on RSOF and saw no Jmod posts at all; just a bunch of players saying RuneSpan is [bleep]ed.

I'll take this supposed fix with a grain of salt. I'd say it's far more likely that the stupid amount of low level nodes that people aren't siphoning is stopping high level ones from spawning.

Go take a look on the lowest floor, you will actually find it hard to stand somewhere without being on a node.

Sylpheed.png

Just got 99 o well.

Just so people know, you can give the wizards any rune, although giving him the correct rune gives you an extra bonus, this is linked to your RC level @ level 66 I was getting approx 2k xp per turn in, it says you cannot hand in for 5 mins after your first hand in, so does this mean you can find a wizard every 5.01 mins?

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Just got 99 o well.

Just so people know, you can give the wizards any rune, although giving him the correct rune gives you an extra bonus, this is linked to your RC level @ level 66 I was getting approx 2k xp per turn in, it says you cannot hand in for 5 mins after your first hand in, so does this mean you can find a wizard every 5.01 mins?

If you give the incorrect rune you get like rc lvl *10.

Edit: Or not. Just gave the dude soul runes when he wanted mind. got 6990 xp. Previously I've given cosmic/air runes and got like 900 xp.

qjDiz.png

Just got 99 o well.

If you give the incorrect rune you get like rc lvl *10.

Edit: Or not. Just gave the dude soul runes when he wanted mind. got 6990 xp. Previously I've given cosmic/air runes and got like 900 xp.

Aye, it changed again dunno what the hell they are doing at Jagex towers but seems bloody wierd :)

The 2nd level wizard is asking people for blood and death runes and they can only be crafted on level 3. It is pretty poorly thought out but was fun while it was fun (if you know what i mean)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

They should just limit the amount of possible nodes per type. No use having 30+ fire and vine nodes every island.

(Or just make them die out after a set amount of time.)

This could have easily been foreseen, to be honest.

Apart from that, I really like the way we move from island to island, and the overall gameplay has been smooth.

Tsjilp.png

They should just limit the amount of possible nodes per type. No use having 30+ fire and vine nodes every island.

(Or just make them die out after a set amount of time.)

This could have easily been foreseen, to be honest.

Apart from that, I really like the way we move from island to island, and the overall gameplay has been smooth.

This. Just cpa each node by type and floor. Simple.

I like the movement, except for the summoning one which is much slower than the others. I don't think its even half as fast.

So in other words it's just pure speculation that Jagex have actually changed anything. Considering the fact that nothing was actually game breaking and there was no bug abuse I seriously doubt there has actually been any Hotfix.

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to see if any mods put a post up unless anyone can provide a link to where they have actually said something was changed.

Sylpheed.png

I was wandering around the top floor trying to figure out why I never saw any nodes. Now i know why.. That's lame. Ugh. The creatures fail more and give less xp but they always respawn so you don't have to run around to find them. Hope this gets fixed.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I was in Mod Pi's friend chat when he made the change and announced it. I guess that's just my word though, besides the fact that THERE ARE NO NODES NOW compared to 10-20+ on large islands before.

Flyingjj.png

Found yellow wizard who asked for Soul Runes. Gave him Blood instead and got 4680 exp, while I think I get 5.1k for the correct runes.

edit: 4680 for incorrect, 5148 for correct. I'm 78 rc.

edit2: 4750 for incorrect, 5214 for correct at 79 rc :3 I just leveled.

icecube7.jpeg

I think I'll do a few 10 minute tests with the monsters.

89 RC

Blood: 41.86k xp/hr*

Death: 37.30k

Law: 40.24k **

Nature: 39.60k

Astral: 37.27k

*Having more people around seems to kill the monsters more quickly, so less people=less waiting/faster xp if you're only using one monster.

** Had the monster almost completely to myself during timing.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I was in Mod Pi's friend chat when he made the change and announced it. I guess that's just my word though, besides the fact that THERE ARE NO NODES NOW compared to 10-20+ on large islands before.

Yes, it is just your word, but a screenshot would corroborate this nicely. As to how it could happen without a patch: they had the nodes on a timed cycle of some sorts and the cycle was way too short.

I've put together a guide for Runespan: Soul EssWraith Guide for Fastest AFK Runecrafting Experience on Day of Release

60-50k xp/hr @ 99 RC, give or take 5k

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

http://forum.tip.it/topic/310694-runespan-soul-esswraith-guide-video-akwasprs/

It's really not speculation for anyone who was in Runespan earlier. It is blazingly obvious to anyone who was around when we we're swimming in nodes that they changed it. That or the RuneScape servers are now allowed to change the variables that control node spawns of their own free will.

It is blazingly obvious to anyone who was around when we we're swimming in nodes that they changed it.

Totally agree. For those who think people are speculating and jumping to conclusions, check out the Runespan now. There's a clear change.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!