Elder scrolls mmorpg

To me they look like a cross between Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim was only a single game in the series, so it doesn't have to look anything like it tbh.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

To me they look like a cross between Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim was only a single game in the series, so it doesn't have to look anything like it tbh.

I'm confused, I don't think anyone was saying that it had to look like skyrim? >_>'

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm confused, I don't think anyone was saying that it had to look like skyrim? >_>'

Not here, but I've seen comments on some gaming websites about it not looking like Skyrim.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• 8 months later...

Seems like the best place for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0

Elder Scrolls MMO trailer comes out, literally indiscernible from any other fantasy game except for I guess the White-Gold Tower, nobody is surprised.

also the cgi looks kinda garbage

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I dislike it when game trailers don't show any gameplay, or give any indication whatsoever of what the game might be like. I half expected to see "The Quest for Skyrim, coming to theaters Febuary 1st" at the end of that.

And what CGI are you looking at? I thought a lot of that was good enough to be in a movie, or pretty close to it.

• Like 1

The fight scenes felt hurried, and the I felt like they tried too hard to make the main characters badass.

Those are my only gripes with the cinematic. I felt the same as Langzor when I first heard and seen screenshots of the game, but after hearing some good reviews coming from alpha testers, I'm holding my judgment until I see some actual gameplay.

22031_s.gif

I dislike it when game trailers don't show any gameplay, or give any indication whatsoever of what the game might be like. I half expected to see "The Quest for Skyrim, coming to theaters Febuary 1st" at the end of that.

And what CGI are you looking at? I thought a lot of that was good enough to be in a movie, or pretty close to it.

Overall I think the skin of the characters looked a bit too waxy, and w/the whole rooftop fight the armoured guys looked way too shiny and moved kind of oddly. The environments looked really well done so I guess my only beef was with the soldiers and even then they were kind of gut instinct feelings of dislike.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I was the other way around. The skin to me was well done enough to almost simulate having pores, and the armour itself was absolutely fantastic to the point where the ones not showing any skin could almost have been actual people wearing actual armour. The environment on the other hand, particularly the rocks, was really good, but the texture seems a little off. Either way, I'd be happy to watch a movie with that level of animation.

I'd still like to see the actual game though, since that trailer provides absolutely no information.

And most all games have a combat triangle or sorts. There are precious few games where no unit has any advantages over any other unit. That said, some games do have a certain elegance to it. One of my favourites are the mages of Baldur's Gate, and D&D in general. A low leveled mage is a delicate flower to be protected by the party, particularly the melee units keeping the other side from attacking the mage. Late game when you mage is leveled up and has some decent gear, it becomes a dominating force on the battle field often protecting everyone else by ensuring that magical attacks from the enemies don't kill everyone instantly, and occasionally casting gate before running very far, very fast, in the more hopeless situations.

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

Beta testing signups are open. I've got no chance in hell getting in with a laptop that can barely play anything, but maybe some of you guys can. Good luck to the applicants.

@ that trailer, the elves look weird again. I thought we finally got past that.

hzvjpwS.gif

Signed up for the beta. I have to admit, it looks good but only time will tell. Really really pumped for it!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Threw in an app for it, hopefully my location helps :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• 11 months later...

I got a beta invite and have been playing this a little over the past few days, so I thought I'd give it a bump. I did technically sign some NDA so I won't say much other than that it's been pretty enjoyable so far and I'm looking forward to it coming out, I'll probably subscribe for a month at least.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Although that said bethesda has had experience making open ended exploration games and has an interesting and established lore. So it will be interesting to see how they convert it to online play.  

To be fair, Zenimax is doing all the work for ESO. Bethesda is just a publisher.

• 1 month later...

Since the NDA has been lifted over a week ago, I think the game has a lot of potential (based on 3 beta sessions). Story and the characters were like a standard Elder Scrolls game. Layout is quite alike with WoW, and kind of reminds me of PoE too....and the gameplay seem a bit too linear (esp for an Elder Scrolls game - but I guess that's the nature of most MMORPG). Quite a number of bugs and problems but to be fair it's only a beta - and they are not known to make bug-free games anyway. Given how retail copies had to be readied by late March, I'd imagine there will be a large day 1 patch just to remedy the problems found during the last stress test. With its rumoured astronomical budget, it can either turn out to be the best of its kind or an epic fail in spectacular fashion.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot