E3 - 2012

PoorLepRecon

And then EA pulls this...

I like how they spin this like they're being so generous by giving us extra content.

Meh we've known about it for ages and it does save money, considering they'll each cost $15.

Games shouldn't cost $120+ to get all the content.

This. DLC is the worst thing to happen to games. Now they feel like they can leave out content "for the future". It was better when you got all the content by actually playing the game.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then EA pulls this...

I like how they spin this like they're being so generous by giving us extra content.

Meh we've known about it for ages and it does save money, considering they'll each cost $15.

Games shouldn't cost $120+ to get all the content.

This. DLC is the worst thing to happen to games. Now they feel like they can leave out content "for the future". It was better when you got all the content by actually playing the game.

I really liked what they did with BFBC2, but the map pack style of DLC is awful. I miss the days of expansion packs when you genuinely got a lot of new content for a game that did extend it's life.

DLC is pretty bad, but so are endless sequels. Both completely disregard the series' integrity in favor of insignificant profits. Does anyone remember the "last Halo game?" There's no way that series still has a worthwhile plot.

I really enjoyed EA's press conference, Heavy on good games, Need for Speed looks amazing, and so does dead space: Crysis looked awesome. Simcity looked awesome. Heck, i'm not a sports fan, and even those games looked awesome. Serious contender for best conference imo.

I'd think the worst part is that DLC could be quite good if done right. I always use Mass Effect 2 as an example for this kind of thing, where you can pay like $5-8 for something like Overlord: good content but nothing that you couldn't live without, like a smaller expansion pack.

Not like this $15+ map pack crap, or DLC that costs more than the game.

EDIT: G4 and Spike aren't showing the Ubisoft conference. Watch it (LEGALLY) here: http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/

Ubisoft conference makes up with the horrible opening dance advertisement with OWAHHHHH BOOBS.

Want to know how a chatroom of predominately males handles that opening scene?

<+DesertEasy> UH

<~Nitroid> sold

<@PlayItBogart> BOOBIES

<+netz0r> oh [bleep]

<+Kim> woah

<&Akane> UM

<+netz0r> OH [bleep]

<+DesertEasy> SOLD

<&Akane> WHAT

<&Error1355> HOLY SHIT

<&Akane> THE

<&Akane> [bleep]

<+Kim> god damn it ubisoft

<+netz0r> PREORDERING

<&Akane> WHAT

<+DesertEasy> DAY 0

hzvjpwS.gif

AC3 - yeh kinda cool. I dislike killing the British though!!!!

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I really enjoyed Rayman Legends. I loved Origins, Legends looks so good. That musicstage got me so pumped.

Ass Creed 3 also really good, but my star so far is Far Cry 3. Biggest surprise for me so far.

AC3 - yeh kinda cool. I dislike killing the British though!!!!

You'll kill anyone who is a templar.

That musicstage got me so pumped.

Rayman Hero.

This has to be the low of the conference though honestly.

However, every time Aiysha Tyler comes out I scream LANNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hzvjpwS.gif

Wasn't Far Cry 3 at E3 last year as well?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Watch Dogs: Just [bleep]ing stole E3. Ubisoft wins. It's over.

Sony's conference starts in an hour and a half.

Wasn't Far Cry 3 at E3 last year as well?

Dunno but this was definitely the first time we were flashed with full frontal nudity at a conference.

hzvjpwS.gif

Watch dogs. Amazing concept. Hope it Delivers.

Ubisoft surpassed my expectations. Legends look great, far cry looks great, AC3 looks great, Watch Dogs looks like something else. The only flops i can see are Zombi U and just dance 4.

Microsoft Conference. Meh.

EA Conference. Meh.

Ubisoft Conference. WOAH!

Ubisoft is stealing the show so far, AC3 and Watch Dogs? Do Want!

Really impressed by Watch Dogs, I'm confident that they can deliver it and expect this to become one of their flagship series. It just looks awesome. :thumbup:

Looking forward to what Sony is going to present and really excited for Nintendo tomorrow morning. :D

Pretty much an accurate summary of the microsoft conference.

ibnk8He7VXVJmk.gif

untitled-1m0zbqeixjd.gif

http://www.edge-online.com/features/e3-2012-microsoft-press-conference-report

It sounds like we’re having a lot of fun at Microsoft’s expense here, but it’s gallows humour. Either publishers were genuinely withholding all their games (unlikely), or this was one of the most contemptuous press conferences in E3 history. Returning to the stage before the anticlimactic Call Of Duty: Black Ops II, even Mattrick seemed to be in on some private joke, smirking as he remembered his lines. If anyone was taking this seriously, they were on the wrong side of the stage.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pretty much an accurate summary of the microsoft conference.

ibnk8He7VXVJmk.gif

untitled-1m0zbqeixjd.gif

http://www.edge-online.com/features/e3-2012-microsoft-press-conference-report

It sounds like were having a lot of fun at Microsofts expense here, but its gallows humour. Either publishers were genuinely withholding all their games (unlikely), or this was one of the most contemptuous press conferences in E3 history. Returning to the stage before the anticlimactic Call Of Duty: Black Ops II, even Mattrick seemed to be in on some private joke, smirking as he remembered his lines. If anyone was taking this seriously, they were on the wrong side of the stage.

Lol! That looks about right though.