E3 - 2012

PoorLepRecon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to explain to me why Bioshock was on Playstation Allstars?

Confused to [bleep] here.

I guess they decided to include 3rd party characters?

And damn I wish PS3 didn't have so many exclusive games. Stuff like Uncharted and now The Last of Us look so good.

I persoanlly didn't enjoy it. Last of Us was amazing though. All stars was awefull imo, beyond didn't look interesting for me, and since i didn't enjoy heavy rain and indigo prophecy, I'm staying away from it. FarCry ps3 was glitchy as hell. Ass Creed was decent.

But for the bad stuff, wonderbook? Really? It just kept going and going. Vita was also barely talked about. Ass Creed Vita was nice, but CoD vita not being blops2? Thats a big hit. No memory stick bundle either, and they didnt say the price of the AC bundle too.

Got really disapointed, definatly prefer EA's and Ubisoft's to Sony's.

Okay, one left, i'm gonna get some sleep. Please don't screw this up nintendo, drop the bombs (metroid, please).

I stopped watching mid conference to make a late supper for me and my dad, seems like the conference flopped after all stars.

God damn it Sony. YOU HAD ONE TASK. Only you could flush this down the toilet after coming out with 2 new IPs & a continuation to a beloved series.

hzvjpwS.gif

I stopped watching mid conference to make a late supper for me and my dad, seems like the conference flopped after all stars.

God damn it Sony. YOU HAD ONE TASK. Only you could flush this down the toilet after coming out with 2 new IPs & a continuation to a beloved series.

I tuned in during the viedo game book presentation, went nope.jpg, and turned it off.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Nintendo ripped off 360s controller.

0mRuI.png

Ohwow.jpg

Oh, you're for real?

First off, they inspired on the old Nes Max Controller from 1988, way before XBOX EVEN EXISTED, let alone the xbox controller. Second off, almost every single feature on today's controllers was originally created by nintendo at some point, STARTING with the winged shaped controllers.

I guess this is the sort of stuff that makes one realize if they are "old gamers" or not. Dunno about you, but as soon as I saw that controller I thought of the Nes Max (and I was actually excited about it, because, damn, that was THE controller back then), I actually didn't even think of xbox controller until people started talking about it, and then I wondered if any of them even realized nintendo is free to re-emulate whatever the [bleep] they want since they pretty much created most of the features available on today's controllers.

tl;dr: nintendo is not ripping off from anyone, they are taking the winged design from the Nes Max plus adding a mix of several of their other controllers features to it to make it more appealing to "hardcore" gamers.

Anyways, so far I've liked Ubisoft the most. Was expecting way more from microsoft but that's ok I guess. Crossing fingers hoping Nintendo reveals more about the new smash, goes without saying that they will release official info about Wii U specs, so I'm just waiting for the games.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Come one, not this argument again. I'm one of the biggest nintendo fans in this board, and even I can see how similar it is to 360. It's obviously inspired by it, which is great since 360 controller is great. Also, dualshock ahd wing shaped controllers before nintendo did unless you count the n64.

Different opinions I guess, it obviously looks a lot like it, but I didn't think of "omg they ripped it off xbox!", I rather thought "hey, that's like the Nes Max with wii classic buttons, cool"; similar? hell yes; rip off? hell no. Didn't think of the worst, most dramatic thing... But then again, that's prob because I'm more used to "old" controllers, altho I do remember couple of microsoft joysticks from the 90s, but none of them introduced the whole winged design, that's nintendo all over it. As for dual shock and the wing concept, Nes Max is from 1988 (half of this forum wasn't even alive back then...), Sony wasn't even thinking on consoles back then (least not by itself, that came up in 1994 and the control itself on 1996-7 if I'm not mistaken).

I guess it's no surprise that people relate it to more recent consoles, but seriously, don't go around saying who ripped off who when that concept was used DECADES ago by nintendo and they are simply using it again...

Besides, they did say it is meant to be inspired on the Nes Max.

Edit: For those who don't know what a Nes Max is:

Yes, that's a 1988 controller... d-pad + stick + 4 action buttons in cross (albeit those turbo buttons didn't really do much) was a concept used by nintendo back then already.

Anyways, back on topic, just mere hours till nintendo conference. I also wanted to know more about the whole EVO 2 thing, but haven't really heard many news about it latelly.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

There's a different between have a similar shape (see difference between the PS controller and the 360 controller) and having the exact same shape and only having the buttons be arranged differently. You truly have to be a huge Nintendo fanboy if you don't acknowledge that Nintendo ripped off the 360 controller.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

There's a different between have a similar shape (see difference between the PS controller and the 360 controller) and having the exact same shape and only having the buttons be arranged differently. You truly have to be a huge Nintendo fanboy if you don't acknowledge that Nintendo ripped off the 360 controller.

Who [bleep]ing cares?!?! Maybe they made a similar controller because people like the shape of it. What's Micorsoft going to do? Sue them for making a similar controller?

Can we please just drop it, these kinds of arguments dont go anywhere.

Nintendo is today and it will be Wii u only, with 3ds being scheduled tomorrow at 6:30 LA time.

The showfloor also opens up today, I really hope we get more Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3 and Last of Us details.

Dead Space 3 makes me want to hurry up and grow some balls and play the first one. It's been sitting on my shelf untouched since I played it for one hour.

I'm tempted to look into the first one now.

It's my favorite xbox game.

This was all I needed to know. So tired of them making BS deadspace games for things that aren't my PC.

And I'll be honest, I haven't gotten through the first one either, but mostly because the controls are messed and the crosshair lags behind my mouse, which makes it impossible to actually aim at anything in under 3 seconds.

"It's all about the games"

Nintendo wins. No flashy concerts, no gimmicks, just games.

As much as I hate them as a company, you're probably right. This is shaping up well. Shit, it's actually making me EXCITED.

hzvjpwS.gif

They crammed a LOT into that little thing. There's no way that thing has a strong battery life XD Still, seems cool.

UGHHH not more mii shit.

My friends would only draw penises on the miiplaza.

hzvjpwS.gif

Mii stuff is good in Japan where basically entire cities are a Wi-Fi hotspot, and Japan is always going to be Nintendo's main focus. Not so much in America where there's only Wi-Fi at McDonald's and Starbucks...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

This...this is just bad.

I'm impressed the WiiU can handle it. But...No. Stop trying to adapt good controls and make them HORRIBLE with motion gaming. Have you ever tried that motion crap on a 3ds? Try that on something twice as bulky while attempting to achieve precision.

EDIT: Yay scribblenauts!

hzvjpwS.gif

worst plan ever

Yes let me use a balance pad and put this delicate piece of technology on the floor. Wait, you mean I'm not a fitness guru like on these ads and I'll likely fall on my fat ass and crush the pad?

Oh man!! Why didn't we think of that! ~ Nintendo

hzvjpwS.gif