E3 - 2012

PoorLepRecon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard of Wii U before this thread (because I live in a cave apparently). One look at their controller, and I don't think I will be tempted. I don't mind the touch screen gaming too much (phantom hourglass was great at least), but I can't see how you can intigrate that into a console without the 'oh, now I need to release all my right hand controls and hope the thing understands my gestures). Unless you only need that xboxish controller, in which case I can deal with that. Surprised they are moving away from the motion controls though. That was their big selling point, and even with their own systems, neither microsoft or sony can really get a piece of the whole home fitness market segment which is the reason why Nintendo could have got up on stage, rolled around in money naked, and then mooned the audience as their entire presentation and still be out selling everyone else.

Oh, and its stupid large. Even if I wanted the touch screen, I am not going to use something the size of a [bleep]ing tablet computer as my remote.

What I am afraid is that they are going to pull a Nintendo and sell games that require other perephrials (let me rephrase. My teeth will fall out if they don't do this), or are at the very least designed for them. My only real issue with Nintendo is how they consistently try to rob everyone blind by having a gazillion perephrials that cost more than your game library. And yet, they are still my favourite of the 3 console makers, possibly because they have yoshi, samus, and link.

I don't think I am buying any more consoles, at least not until I have children.

Wow, people on forums are going all berzerk over this, I guess thats what happens when you expect a bloody zelda and SSB a few months before Skyward sword released and Smash began production. I was expecting a metroid, a star fox, maybe a retro new ip, but not Zelda or SSB.

Meh, i will most likely not buy at launch, specially if Pikmin 3 is not there. Maybe on christmas or after if the steam sale doesn't rob me blind.

I don't want a remake, I'd rather have an original 3ds zelda than another goddam remake.

Still crossing my fingers for metroid 3ds. At the very least i hope Castelvania's mirror of fate is a metroidvania and nor nes castlevania style.

Wow is there anything more pointless than discussing which company "won"?

At the end of the day 99% of the stuff they showed are complete crap.

I wish Nintendo focused more on their online system. Wii online was a joke. They need something that can compare with Live. They already stole 360s controller, might as well copy their online too.

Wow is there anything more pointless than discussing which company "won"?

At the end of the day 99% of the stuff they showed are complete crap.

I wish Nintendo focused more on their online system. Wii online was a joke. They need something that can compare with Live. They already stole 360s controller, might as well copy their online too.

They said in the conference they were gonna discuss the online in the roundtable later tonight.

Yeah, like i said before, i don't think this conference was that well thought out. Had they kept from showing those crappy dancing/singing nintendo land games they would have had enough time to show their online plans.

Lol, there's a lot of drama going on this vid:

Apparently, the original tags had stuff like "new super smash bros" which made the vid get a shtload of dislikes, and just recently they removed such tags, kinda late tho lol... I dunno what to think about this game, I love crossovers and compilations, plus being a fan of smash series myself, but I also think Sony could have changed a thing or two, and not make it so... obvious lol.

Edit: LMAO!

original.png

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Wow is there anything more pointless than discussing which company "won"? At the end of the day 99% of the stuff they showed are complete crap.

It's tradition. It's not like anyone is basing their views of the company or the gaming industry as a whole off of these conferences. I'll tell you what's pointless, getting mad about it.

Boo, I thought you were showing a new demo from the floor.

Here's new footage about Beyond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYUL_gA7pw&feature=player_embedded

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm rather disappointed with the reports on dead space 3. Gone is the survival horror game I loved. They've converted towards an action game, with horror elements. Meh.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Also Fire Emblem 3ds announced for north america.

The 3DS conference was actually quite interesting to me. They didn't announce anything new (the Fire Emblem was announced by mistake from Reggie to a kotaku journalist), but what they showed looked very promising. Castelvania looked great, and so did paper mario. Still undecided on NSMB2, probably not getting it.

I'm rather disappointed with the reports on dead space 3. Gone is the survival horror game I loved. They've converted towards an action game, with horror elements. Meh.

Not surprising. From my limited experience with the original, it was noticeably more horror than its successor was. What I am hoping for is more of the opening of Deadspace 2, where you were witnessing the actual attack, and levels like the elementary school that are legitimately disturbing to play through (plus the children are my favorite enemy because being able to gun down swarms of weak monsters is more appealing to me than dealing with a handful of strong ones). Dead Space 2 really excelled, at least right up to the end of the solar collector, at giving you the backstory, and highlighting the changes that the marker caused. I guess, just how wrong everything was. I found this kind of fell away around the CEC level, and totally during the Ishimura in favor of just being strait up tense and action packed. By the CEC, the station had gone to shit, and the game was just trying to murder you. Though the audio logs were excellent right up to Government Sector. The Ishimura had some real gems.

What Dead Space 2 really missed out on was the originals sound track. I think the difference there might account for some of it. I do hope the third is still reasonably loyal to the feeling of its predecessors.

And cracked finally came out with their article on E3 (or at least the first one), which focussed soley on Nintendo on crazy. I didn't know about all the social aspects of their console, which tell me that if I ever buy a Wii U its going in an EM shielded box to prevent it from ever finding an internet connection. I do not like social media, especially not in games that aren't supposed to be social. If its not an online multiplayer, I don't want to talk to people.

And they ripped good and hard on that ridiculous touch pad controller controller. Glad to see some of that. I especially like where they referred to it as a 'helicopter landing pad of a controller' while also making fun of asymmetric gaming (the 'here, let me do it' level).

I'd take Cheese and Wong's articles on gaming (Especially E3) with a grain of salt, personally. They don't seem to write more than "GUYS THIS IS EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH VIDEOGAMES". Wong's article last year drew some pretty silly conclusions out of the presentations that he wouldn't have made if he played any of the games he was talking about (Like being upset with all of the sequels... For games that are part of a series with the kind of story and gameplay that he'd been begging for in the past :wall: )