how to make friends

Low Levelled

I want to make some friends with random people on Runescape. My friends list is 11/200, and I love all my friends. I just hate when I get online and have no one to talk to. So I need to get better at making friends with those random people slaying fire giants with you. Or that guy who's also on your runespan island. I try to be friendly, or ask what their level is. But people seem to either be

1. Elitists

2. Weird

3. Horrible spellers

I know its impossible to get along with everyone, but I want more people to talk to while skilling.

Any tips?

Make some friends on these forums. That always seems to work

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

You talk to people. Eventually you'll become friends with them

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Honestly, just talk to people. I would consider friends chats to be a sub par approach, because making friends works better in a one on one situation. All my good friends on runescape, I became friends with by talking to people who were training near me. You strike up a conversation, and if your having fun you keep talking. If after an hour or two, its time for one of you to go and you think you would like to talk to this person again, you say 'friends?' or 'added', you both add each other, and you go from there.

Sometimes you can meet people in chats too. Sometimes, people start talking to each other directly, or a conversation moves from the clan chat to private on a whim. That works too, but its a harder approach.

The easiest way would be to try to engage in current discussions/topics either in the forums or friends chat (join "Serpent Eye" for the official unofficial Tip.it chat). Once people get to know what kind of person you are, they'll be more open to becoming friends with you. :)

Pm people you found on blogscape ;) that seems to work

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You take a piece of paper, write "Be me friend? Yes[] No[]" and pass it around.

(Joking BTW.)

Try going to the Friend's chats in the Useful Friend's chats directory thread.

Well, crap. no wonder it didn't work, I forgot boxes on mine.

Popoto.~<3

Giving people advice always seemed to help for me... there's still a bunch of random people on my friends list because I recommended fury over tassets and we got talking metagame after that.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

My friends in RS I've generally made from minigaming with. I was super into Castle Wars and now at least half my list is filled with CW players who tend to be very active on RS and high levelled which is always nice for some advice. The rest of my list is people I helped get Torsos and people I've met randomly doing stuff like fights in the duel arena or just skilling along. ASK if you can add people and most will be happy to talk or just join a clan. But seriously minigames are the way to go in my experience.

Or you could just borrow a party hat and pretends its yours - you'll have a full list in under an hour and 5% of them might just turn out to be genuinely nice money grabbers.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

1. Elitists

3. Horrible spellers

Well.

Well.??

I think his point is that 'discriminating' against people for being "horrible spellers" is rather an elitist view to take hence producing irony that you are being elitist when you profess a distaste for elitists.

Also it ought to be "Well??" not "Well.??"

The later is grammatically wrong, for someone who hates horrible spellers this seems like a rookie error.

Also as people have said just talk to people, the same way you make friends in the real world.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Definitely the friendliest and most welcoming friends chat of all is Serpent Eye's. You'll find a lot of tip.it members in there and everyone always has something interesting to talk about, come join us and let us know you're new :)

Simply click on the friends chat icon on the in game tool bar and type in 'Serpent Eye' :) Hope to see you in there soon

Check out my blog on my return to RuneScape here :)

Add me in game or catch me in Serpent Eye's friends chat

I find that some of my longest RuneScape friendships have spawned from meeting random people while playing, similar to what Quyneax said. I used to get asked frequently (when I wore the skillcape 100% of the time) for Farming advice during my herb runs, and sometimes people would ask if they could add me and PM me for help. Some of those people I just kept added, and we ended up becoming good friends.

It also helps if you have a "homeworld" that you play on the majority of the time (w99, w60, w119, etc.) Even outside of the avid fans of Farming, I've come to know a lot of people simply by always seeing them on w99. We aren't necessarily the closest of friends, but are acquainted I guess.

For me, the best way I've made friends has been through HYT, even before I took over as owner of the chat. If people have a common foundation (ie, Tip.It and Tip.It Forums) then you already have something that you can start conversations about. In a way, there's already a sense of familiarity with the people because you've seen their posts on the forums, etc.

I've seen you in the HYT Friend Chat ("Serpent Eye") before. Please feel free to keep using it! It's a great place for people to hang out, get advice about RuneScape or real-life subjects, meet new people, and have clean, fun conversations in general. Please be sure to skim through the chat rules if you haven't already - a link to them can be found in my signature below.

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding HYT, please feel free to PM me here on forums or in-game.

:thumbup:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png