How to get Golden Katana

Fred_S

I find it odd in the post Den linked us to on RSOF the mod says look out for future news on the katana, even though it has clearly already been released in-game :/

And @Urza, I fail to see how mercifull is taking hear-say as fact in the quote you provided, he simply seems to be offering a potential answer to who is entitled to katanas

Its not odd of Den to post this, its odd of JAGeX to post this.

you mis-read my post, I said it's odd what the mod said in rsof post not that den QFC linked it here for us to read, they are basically saying in the post forget all about katana, focus on skulls for time being, even though they are already in-game and not a word as been said about how to get a katana

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I find it odd in the post Den linked us to on RSOF the mod says look out for future news on the katana, even though it has clearly already been released in-game :/

And @Urza, I fail to see how mercifull is taking hear-say as fact in the quote you provided, he simply seems to be offering a potential answer to who is entitled to katanas

you mis-read my post, I said it's odd what the mod said in rsof post not that den QFC linked it here for us to read, they are basically saying in the post forget all about katana, focus on skulls for time being, even though they are already in-game and not a word as been said about how to get a katana

There is some JMod answering topics with "Here's your answer" and puts the quick code for that link, thats... misleading :P

But yeah im a little tired, sorry about that.

There is some JMod answering topics with "Here's your answer" and puts the quick code for that link, thats... misleading :P

But yeah im a little tired, sorry about that.

It's very misleading , a typical Jagex response as usual

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

If it requieres every other item from membership cards: :rolleyes:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Now that you mention it, that wouldn't surprise me at all, lol.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Correct. I was proposing it as a possibility. Hence I didn't quote anyone above me and put a question mark at the end so as not to make it a statement of fact.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Same here. Shame I didn't want that green skin then haha.

Something like that would be marketed at too few people to be worth it in my opinion.

Something like that would be marketed at too few people to be worth it in my opinion.

Same could've been said about that limited edition golden scythe from runefest, only released 25 into game wasn't it?

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Same could've been said about that limited edition golden scythe from runefest, only released 25 into game wasn't it?

That's right. It was rewarded to the first 25 people to finish the Deathcon event at RuneFest last year. Made a lot of people upset too, as they didn't tell anyone that there would be rewards for finishing first. That, and it seemed pretty pointless to go through the trouble of creating an item that only 25 people would ever have.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I doubt any such narrow release items will come again after the fuss about Golden Scythe and then the fuss about Trophy Vex that got that changed to be all t7 clans.

I really think most likely answer is its for beta testers still seeing as it would be a limited but not uber narrow audience (all 12+ month members who applied + 50k other applicants, gotta be least 200k or so accounts)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really think most likely answer is its for beta testers still seeing as it would be a limited but not uber narrow audience (all 12+ month members who applied + 50k other applicants, gotta be least 200k or so accounts)

If that is true, then by all means I should have one, but alas I don't. Unless they haven't gone around to doing it.

Dr_Brinner.png

If that is true, then by all means I should have one, but alas I don't. Unless they haven't gone around to doing it.

If that was the case, they'd give it out on the 26th. The 50k other applicants haven't even been informed yet (right?)

If that was the case, they'd give it out on the 26th. The 50k other applicants haven't even been informed yet (right?)

That will probably be the case, we'll probably find out when it comes.

Dr_Brinner.png

You get the Golden Katana instead of the Flaming Skull? (if so, that would suck :x)

You did, but they have only admitted now that we'll get the chance to get it later on. Hopefully this compensation was only to give those that skimmed the news post the item beforehand. Hopefully its the 200mil account creation item, beta tester item or something like that.

Actually I just thought of something:

A few of us pursued the buy-4-months-for-6-months offer back in December and the offer was made again to those of us who did (announced privately via e-mail, and yes it was legitimate; didn't click on the links and instead went on the RuneScape site and the offer was there for me in the shop). I wonder if it has anything to do with that (assuming you go for the offer).

I kind of want to try it, seeing as technically I'd be saving some money, although not much since I have the loyalty rate... O.o'

EDIT: Ah heck, I gave it a try anyway. Sorry guys, this isn't the answer to the mystery of how to obtain this magical item! No golden katana! :(

I don't have one either, so yea. Not beta.

Unless they're going to hand it out once the beta actually starts.

I'm starting to think that since that they tend to tie golden items to milestones and events (Hammer to the Golden Joystick, Scythe to Runefest), the katana might be an item for an event related to the 200 millionth member.

Actually I just thought of something:

A few of us pursued the buy-4-months-for-6-months offer back in December and the offer was made again to those of us who did (announced privately via e-mail, and yes it was legitimate; didn't click on the links and instead went on the RuneScape site and the offer was there for me in the shop). I wonder if it has anything to do with that (assuming you go for the offer).

I kind of want to try it, seeing as technically I'd be saving some money, although not much since I have the loyalty rate... O.o'

EDIT: Ah heck, I gave it a try anyway. Sorry guys, this isn't the answer to the mystery of how to obtain this magical item! No golden katana! :(

The persons that got the golden katana from JAGeX didnt automatically get it by using the wrong card, they contacted the billing support about buying the card for the flaming skull and not get it.

@Alg - I think the golden scythe was originally meant to be given out to everyone as a 3 win in a row award for the golden joystick, since this didn't come to reality they gave it out at Runefest instead.

It's also not the beta tester item, since I am in the beta, and I don't have one.

Doesn't prove anything seeing as a beta award would logically be given out when the beta actually starts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Unless they're going to hand it out once the beta actually starts.

I'm starting to think that since that they tend to tie golden items to milestones and events (Hammer to the Golden Joystick, Scythe to Runefest), the katana might be an item for an event related to the 200 millionth member.

you can guarantee the insane amount of abuse Jagex would cop from doing that...

Popoto.~<3