Welcome to the most recent version of IP.Board. I'm sure you'll notice there have been plenty of changes and improvements which you'll be keen to explore. A few things have also changed which we need to tell you about:
- The "Like" button has been enabled for posts, this makes it possible for you to agree with what someone is saying without having to make a post if you have nothing further to add to the dicussion. You cannot like your own posts, and you cannot see a cumulative counter of how many likes you've obtained, although in theory, you could go through every post you've made and count them up if you wanted.
- A filter for image links has been enabled. This has been done for your protection and has been something we've wanted to do for a while. Without it, it's always been possible for someone to harvest IP addresses from the forum by putting an image on a custom host into their post, or signature or whatever and then use the fact that it was hosted on a server they control to log the IPs which visited the image. To combat this, all images are now filtered and we've added most of the large image hosts, but I'm sure we will have missed some, so if you notice an image host is blocked who shouldn't be, then feel free to tell us in this thread and we'll see about adding it. Note that we will not be accepting submissions of personal websites for the reasons listed above.
- When editing a post, the link colour in posts on the Deflection & Tip.It skins is not easy to read (the bright blue), we'll get around to sorting this as soon as possible but it's proving to be a little more tricky than originally anticipated.
- View New Content should now be completely up to date with the latest posts and should never lag 5 minutes behind actual posts like it used to.
- Tagging is now enabled and when creating a topic, you can choose from a list of predefined tags which categorise your topic. This makes it much easier to find similar topics that may also interest you.
- Gallery is now re-enabled and fully compatible with all of our skins.
- Tracker is now fixed in Tip.It Skin.
- Massive improvements to handling of notifications.
- Plus loads of other new features and bug fixes.