Can we unblock deviantart.com please? My sig is failing me. And is there a way to turn off the graphical editor back to the text & code one?

Going to take a bit of getting used to but it looks great.

Edit: and stickys a different color in tip.it theme or get the divider back please.

Not sure if I'm colorblind or what, but highlighting text in a post doesn't really highlight it, unlike before the update where it would show black text on a white background.

Yeah on the Tip.It skin highlighting post text just makes a slightly darker background - not easy to see at all.

I'm liking the updates so far though :) Good job admins for getting this up :D

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I notice that the red squiggles indicating solecisms are missing from mispelled words in reply boxes. Can anyone confirm the absense of those helpul indicators?

Thank you.

That's to do with your browser I'm afraid and we can't help you with that one.

How does one get added to the image filter? Most of the time I use my own host for stuff. I have no interest in harvesting ip/browser details.

character.png

Edit: Just saw this:

Note that we will not be accepting submissions of personal websites for the reasons listed above.

Well that's a pain in the arse, why am I forced to use 3rd party image uploading services that can shut down at any point losing all my images? Does anyone remember when Speedis closed down deleting everything?

It also prevents, for example, linking to an legitimate offsite image on an actual website. For example. Look at this picture of Murray and Federer...

_61433377_61431978.jpg

Also what makes Leetscape any more trusted than my own sites? Both are owned by long standing members of Tipit.

Is it possible for legacy images posted before the change to be unblocked otherwise there's a LOT of threads that are going to be broken.

Big, commonly used offsite websites can be added just by telling us (I'll add bbcimg.co.uk), it may also be possible for us to make exceptions for websites for long standing community member's websites, but this is something which the whole admin team needs to discuss and not a decision I can make on my own I'm afraid.

Can images from the RuneScape Wikia be unblocked?

Wikia.com is now unblocked.

I've never liked it when forums give you a default avatar, this just clutters the page and generally looks bad

Is it possible to remove the default avatar image from posts?

Don't think so, if you use Adblock or something though you could just adblock that image.

How do you change it back to 40 posts per page?

That's now a global setting in the Admin CP rather than a user configurable setting. If there's enough demand we could increase it from 20 though.

Has the option to hide avatar/profile images been removed? Same with images in posts. I found the box which removed siggies, but not the other two.

Like I said to the Wereta above, I don't believe you can turn them off as such, but you could just Adblock

http://forum.tip.it/uploads/profile/photo-*

to disable them.

In terms of image hosts/imports. For import photo/avatar from url it seems to be blocking runescape. (Hard to see what error is it gives a big red error like box but no text in it).

Eg I'd like/want to import:

http://services.rune...cursed/chat.gif to get my rs avatar like I used to have but it seems to be blocked.

The server might be unable to download that (it might see it as an invalid URL since it contains a lot of parameters), download the file to your PC and then upload it and it should be fine.

Definitely going to have to get used to the changes, but so far it looks great. :thumbsup:

Two things though:

• Is it possible to get the emoticons back on a scrollable list on the side like it was before?
  • Can you unblock signavatar.com?

1) Unfortunately not, no.

2) Done.

Not sure if I'm colorblind or what, but highlighting text in a post doesn't really highlight it, unlike before the update where it would show black text on a white background.

Can you give an example of what you mean?

"Liking" and filtered image hosts, yesssss!

I think that's the result of Chrome's default display behavior for highlighted text, although it might actually be in the CSS of the boards themselves (I've highlighted "example" to show):

MYpul.png

You can override this if you really wanted to: CSS3

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

"Liking" and filtered image hosts, yesssss!

I think that's the result of Chrome's default display behavior for highlighted text, although it might actually be in the CSS of the boards themselves (I've highlighted "example" to show):

MYpul.png

You can override this if you really wanted to: CSS3

I think it may be Webkit-based browsers. On Firefox and IE it's a nice grey colour which is really obvious. I've added those styles, and I can see them in the stylesheets but they seem to be being cancelled by something...

Also added Gender to the sidebar.

Finding new posts in forums I'm following is much more of a pain now, nor is it filtering right. If I 'view new content' It either gives me specific threads or just says "There is no new content." :?

How do we recover our avatars? :sad: An old database somewhere to do it? Also, your display name changer doesn't work for me.

How do we recover our avatars? :sad: An old database somewhere to do it? Also, your display name changer doesn't work for me.

Sorry we made an announcement last week about needing to save your avatar. :( Not sure on the display name changer and I don't have time to test right now. I'm sure someone else will be able to check it out in a bit.

• Like 1

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah, doesn't look like it's letting me change my name.

You should be able to now, but we've had to reduce the available characters for use in display names, I think there's a character set issue or something there, we'll look into getting it sorted but those are notoriously annoying to fix.

Well, one additional image host I have heard complaints around the forum about being disallowed is upload.wikimedia.org (Wikipedia's image hosting)

Added.

Yeah it works now.

My new epic fail is that I can't change my display name to Lep because it's taken from when I made another account for some reason in 2005 and forgot its password and long ago deleted the email lol. But that's my problem. #-o

Yeah it works now.

My new epic fail is that I can't change my display name to Lep because it's taken from when I made another account for some reason in 2005 and forgot its password and long ago deleted the email lol. But that's my problem. #-o

http://forum.tip.it/...lay-name-rules/

Alternatively, we will allow you to use the old account name if:

• You own the old account and can prove it.

I don't suppose my old avatar could be recovered somehow?

I miss that old sleek blue theme that I can't remember the name of, but otherwise this update seems alright.

(Though I do also miss the double avatars)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I fear this thread is going to become full of avatar requests :S The message was posted weeks ago that they would be removed.

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12