Combat Beta Causing Mass Exodus From Rs?

SmoothScape

As many of you know there has been a lot of uproar about the beta and one particular video has been going viral in the youtube community regarding the nostalgia of older RS. There seems to be a large consensus that a VERY considerable number of players intend on quitting when the actual beta goes live. As such I decided to make a poll on my youtube giving users these options:

-Yes, I will continue to play regardless.

-Yes, I will continue to play but not in the current state of the beta.

-No, I will quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMIZk1qU2I

At the time of this messageboard post, the votes stand as follows:

-Yes, I will continue to play regardless. 37

-Yes, I will continue to play but not in the current state of the beta. 17

-No, I will quit. 61

Basically, the number of people claiming they will quit outnumbers the numbers that will stay by a cumulative vote of 61 to 54. How significant do you think this current discontent will be on the actual climate of the game and do you think the player-base will drop significantly?

Check out my youtube channel right here: SMOOTHSCAPE VIDEOS for daily vids! Thanks =)

In all honesty, i have no problem with the change of combat. I'm an old RS player of 7.6 years. I welcome the new change to combat with open arms.

=D> :thumbup:Well done Jagex, two thumbs up from me. :thumbup:

And i will be sure as heck to be still here after the Evolution of Combat hits.

[PvM] Fredrow.

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

Well, I've been playing a fair amount of time and I'd be open to the CoE; I'd still continue playing as long as most of the community doesn't stop! :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I've been playing for about 8 years, and I don't plan on permanently stopping anytime soon. My activity will wax and wane as my life circumstances vary, but I'll always be coming back so long as Runescape is here to have me.

Also:

The "poll" shows nothing. Only the people who want to quit spend their time searching for and watching such videos.

^this

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I don't think I will ever quit fully, I occasionally have left for 6months up to a year since I started in 2001, but always come back. I don't agree with all the changes the EoC will bring about but over all I am excited for it, and it will be a good thing for runescape in my opinion. To all the players hating on EoC during beta I ask of you, please wait til it goes live and there is not Nex level gear on every single player, then see what you think of it.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

it is one of the major reasons behind me quitting, I think it might be good for rs in the long term/overall, just not what I want at all.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The "poll" shows nothing. Only the people who want to quit spend their time searching for and watching such videos.

At the time of me having posted this, It was basically only my subscribers who answered so no one needed to search for it, the question was presented to them. Although I do believe this poll isn't the most accurate assessment of what the player-base will be after the update, its a pretty clear indicator of VERY large dissatisfaction with the future update. Jagex pretty obviously pushed out an unready and unpolished beta which I believe has scared people in itself, along with changing so many in-game things dramatically all at once. The 3 most-subscribed-to active RS youtubers (nightmarerh, sparc mac, chrisarchie) have all addressed the update negatively which has far-reaching effects. I think its safe to assume at least a 10-15% loss in paying members although more is just as likely.

Check out my youtube channel right here: SMOOTHSCAPE VIDEOS for daily vids! Thanks =)

If eoc turns out to be good (though I have 0 expectations, as for me the 0.6 s tick time is the culprit) I might actually continue & join in the combat. Currently combat is utterly boring & just a random rolling constantly.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

me, and i know several other people who use satalite net, will be quitting if beta doesn't change. its not cause of game play though because i personally love the beta. its just that the mb usage for rs went up from under 10 mb an hr to over 500 with the beta. I would be qutting just because my internet bill will be outrageous if they don't lower the mb usage.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Add another option: I've already quit for other reasons, but may renew my subscription to try it out when it goes live.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"