[ARCHIVE] Spelling and grammar corrections - completed posts

You're right. When Jagex added the new prices, the maximum went up.

I've adjusted the page and added you to the credits, thanks. :)

I am sorry but i finally have my display name as my RS name. could you please change the thanks to McFlurry? wont happen again, greatly appreciate it!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Missing my mummy

Back into the pyramid

9. Get back into the pyramid with some help from your cat (Simply choose the "Open Door" option). You are heading back to the room where you solved the puzzle. Avoid the traps and zigzag past the wall crushers just like earlier. When you jump across the pit and enter the burial chamber again, you will get another flashback and be hypnotised again. Take the the jar you need (it's different for each player) and fight the guardian that appears. It will be one of these four: Het (level 81), Crondis (level 75), Apmeken (level 75), or Scabaras (level 75). The guardian blocks your teleports, so you cannot teleport away.

LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO FIND

Mory tasks

easy:

items compost/supercompost should be after suggested since they are not vital to completing the tasks.

Would effect wording of the last easy task.

Also the last sentence of 'these items are not required if your inventory if they are on your toolbelt' is entirely redundant (due to the auto-filling of non-quest items) except for ammo mould on medium.

E1

Either right-click on the snail shell within your inventory (if you have a chisel on your toolbelt) or use a chisel on the shell to make a snelm.

Toolbelt auto-fills with all non-quest items when you login now, so there's no 'if' about having a chisel on there.

E10

Kill either a Banshee (requires 15 Slayer) or a Crawling hand on the first floor of Canifis's Slayer Tower. A high combat level would be an advantage.

bats also count if they fly inside the door, may be worth nothing. Also is it really necessary to suggest a 'high' combat level, the strongest thing to fight is only lvl 23. High combat implies like 70+ at least.

med:

items is ale yeast really required? Seeing as 1 task is to buy a pot of it, then the brewing task uses said pot of it. As such having 1 ready as a requirement is redundant, just note in the task where it is bought it can be used for the later task. (M3 & M10)

M5

From Zanaris head to the southern most fairy ring and enter the code ALQ. That code will take you to the Haunted Woods.

Should just say: Head in to the fairy ring network, the fastest way to do this is via edgeville (home teleport) or Rellekka Slayer Cave (ring of slaying). Then enter the code ALQ to arrive in the Haunted Wood.

No need to go direct to Zanaris and 'southern most fairy ring' is kinda awkward phrasing anyway; especially since I believe the marketplace exit is a fairy ring too and is further south than the network.

rewards, elite:

Double mushroom yield on the patch anywhere in Morytania.

Doesn't need 'anywhere in morytanina, seeing as there is only 1 mushroom patch in the entire game.

Done :) I've also credited you. I have however, left the ale yeast in the items required, but placed a note that mentions obtaining it completes a task.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

• 3 weeks later...

I appear to have been hit by must_edit_wikipedia syndrome. Suppose it comes from being an editor.

Changes are the => ones.

Explanations are below the changes, underlined.

Quoting because I'm OCD about presentation.

Barrows Guide:

The Barrows Brothers

Below are profiles of all seven of the brothers you can fight including the special effect their armour set has and a very basic information for them.

=> Below are the profiles of all seven of the brothers you can fight, including the special effect their armour set has and some basic information about them.

"very basic information" is not a noun

(Dharok's Profile) -> Set Effect

The lower his lifepoints, the greater his maximum hit. Just before death, the maximum his is doubled.

=> The lower his lifepoints, the greater his maximum hit. Just before death, his maximum hit is doubled.

Typo.

(Dharok's Profile) -> Overview

Many players choose to start their Barrows trip with fighting Dharok because fighting Dharok without prayer can be risky. The danger here is running out of prayer when he is on low health and taking two massive hits from him. As with all the melee brothers his resistance to magic is nonexistent, so Slayer Dart, Waves spells and Ice Burst work well here.

=> Many players choose to start their Barrows trip by fighting Dharok as fighting him without prayer can be risky. The danger here is running out of prayer while he is on low health, and taking two massive hits from him. As with all the melee brothers, his resistance to magic is non-existent, so Slayer Dart, Waves spells and Ice Burst work well here.

Subject agreement, Oxford comma, typo. it's non-existent.

(Guthan's Profile) -> Overview

Guthan can be quite dangerous if you get unlucky and he lands a few high hitting, healing hits however most players opt to not pray against him unless they have leftover prayer.

=> Guthan can be quite dangerous if you get unlucky and he lands a few high-hitting and healing hits, however most players choose not to pray against him unless they have leftover prayer.

high-hitting, clarity.

(Torag's Profile) -> Overview

Torag is the easiest of the brothers, although he can still get lucky and deal a good amount of damage. Most players do not pray against him and high level players will often be undamaged from this encounter. As with all of the melee brothers, his magic defence is nonexistent.

=> Torag is the easiest of the brothers, though he can still get lucky and deal a good amount of damage. Most players do not pray against him and high level players will often be undamaged from this encounter. As with all of the melee brothers, his magic defence is non-existent.

although is not needed. typo; non-existent.

(Verac's Profile) -> Overview

Verac is probably the most dangerous brother because of his set effect which can land you in some trouble if he gets a few consecutive hits in. Protection prayers are useful in that they reduce his maximum hit, however because has can still hit through prayer many players do not bother praying against him. You should keep an eye on your health whilst fighting Verac. As with all the melee brothers, his magic defence is nonexistent which makes using Ice burst a good idea as it will keep him away from you.

=> Verac is probably the most dangerous brother because of his set effect, which can land you in some trouble if he gets a few consecutive hits in. Protection prayers are useful in that they reduce his maximum hit; However, because he can still hit through prayer, many players do not bother praying against him. You should keep an eye on your health whilst fighting Verac. As with all the melee brothers, his magic defence is non-existent which makes using Ice burst a good idea as it will keep him away from you.

Comma splice, non-existent, comma.

Suggested Set-ups

(Low) -> Slayer Dart

As a result of the melee Brothers' none existent magic defence you can get away with using melee armour and casting Slayer dart. The use of melee armour allows you to tank some of the weaker Brothers such as Torag and Guthan. The advantage of this set-up, particularly for lower levelled players is that you will more than likely get more Mind and Death runes back from the rewards chest than you use. You should bring a melee weapon too and possibly even a ranged weapon if you struggle with Ahrim. Bringing some high magic defence armour is a good idea if you do not want to pray against Ahrim. The Staff of light's special attack is useful if you struggle with Verac as it reduces melee damage by 50% for a period of time.

=> As a result of the melee Brothers' non-existent magic defence, you can get away with using melee armour and casting Slayer dart. The use of melee armour allows you to tank some of the weaker Brothers, such as Torag and Guthan. The advantage of this set-up, particularly for lower levelled players, is that you will more than likely get more Mind and Death runes back from the rewards chest than you use. You should bring a melee weapon, too, and possibly even a ranged weapon if you struggle with Ahrim. Bringing some high magic defence armour is a good idea if you do not want to pray against Ahrim. The Staff of light's special attack is useful if you struggle with Verac as it reduces melee damage by 50% for a period of time.

spelling error, commas

(Mid) -> Black salamander

effected => affected

Reason for this should be obvious. effect is a noun.

Rewards

effected => affected

Reason for this should be obvious. effect is a noun. do a global database search for "effected"; in mysql this would be select * from `table` where match ( `colname` ) against('effected'); change it to affected.

(Barrow's Armour Basics)

Alternatively you can repair them in your own home using an armour stand but there is still a charge for this.

=> Alternatively, you can repair them in your own home using an armour stand, but there is still a charge for this.

Commas make things read better. Alternatively, you could put "but there is still a charge for this" in brackets.

Instead it effects the runes and bolt racks you get from the chest, the higher the kill count the higher your chances are of getting better rune drops and more bolt racks.

=> Instead, it affects the runes and bolt racks you get from the chest; the higher your kill count, the higher your chances are of getting better rune drops and more bolt racks.

Comma splice and a missing comma at the start... semi-colon can be a full stop if you'd like. Also, affects; please change this everywhere. "Effects" is a plural noun!

At level 100 Smithing (using the Smithing skill cape) the cost of repairing your armour is half the price of repairing it at level 1 Smithing.

=> At level 100 Smithing (using the Smithing skill cape), the cost of repairing your armour is half the price of repairing it at level 1 Smithing.

Commas

I came here to report one error, and got more than I bargained for, lol.

Edited by Speedyshel
Completed and credited, thanks!

Hey Chitose,

Thanks for the thorough post. I've gone ahead and corrected the suggestions you made and a few extras as well. We appreciate you taking the time to post these for us - we credited you for the submission! Oh, one more thing, welcome to Tip.it! ;)

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

Hey Chitose,

Thanks for the thorough post. I've gone ahead and corrected the suggestions you made and a few extras as well. We appreciate you taking the time to post these for us - we credited you for the submission! Oh, one more thing, welcome to Tip.it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In the Urns section of the Smithing guide, it states there are 5 Smelting Urns, even though there are only 4 Urns available to make.

[Crew edit: Thanks for your correction! I have indeed corrected it to mention there are only 4 Smithing urns. I've credited you or this in the guide. :thumbup: - Speedyshel]

Edited by Speedyshel

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Hello! I was just mining a Shooting Star by the coal trucks and I got a strange Rock. This is my third strange rock today as I got 2 in the runespan earlier, which is noted in the Shattered Heart guide;

but the guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=shattered_heart.htm#gettingrocks

does not include the Shooting Star for the mining strange rock. It could be that this was left out on purpose as harvesting the Shooting Start is nowhere near as common as the other activities I see listed there but I wanted to make sure you knew that the Shooting Star does indeed drop a -Mining- Strange Rock.

Thank you,

~Reivax

pyro-1.png

Hello! I was just mining a Shooting Star by the coal trucks and I got a strange Rock. This is my third strange rock today as I got 2 in the runespan earlier, which is noted in the Shattered Heart guide;

but the guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=shattered_heart.htm#gettingrocks

does not include the Shooting Star for the mining strange rock. It could be that this was left out on purpose as harvesting the Shooting Start is nowhere near as common as the other activities I see listed there but I wanted to make sure you knew that the Shooting Star does indeed drop a -Mining- Strange Rock.

Thank you,

~Reivax

Edited the guide with this information, and added your name to the credits. Thanks so much Reivaxlorp! :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

No Problem! I have another tiny bit of information that I'm not sure if you're aware of or not.

I'm currently sitting in the Runespan, leveling my runecrafting when a Runesphere was announced.

Initially I went looking for it and discovered a Runesphere with Death Runes around it. I can't craft death runes so I decided to wait for a higher leveled player to come by and start chipping away when I noticed that it slowly degrades over time. I just saw it downgrade again and it's a Law Rune status. I tried to find this in any of your guides but it seemed to be missing in information; Also I have no idea if this applies to the Shooting Star or the Evil Tree or any other activity of similar nature. I can personally confirm the Runesphere but if anyone has information on the others, that'd be a great addition as well! Runesphere degrades over time if you don't have the initial level to siphon off layers.

-Edit- Disregard this if it was common knowledge, I just got back to Runescape so I have no idea lol.

~Reivax

[Crew edit: Thanks for this note! I have added it to the guide and credited you accordingly. We appreciate your input on things like this! :thumbsup: ~ Speedyshel]

Edited by Speedyshel
pyro-1.png

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=trawler.htm#fish

Following the above link will lead you to the Trawler Fishing Catch page with a small summary. The Summary includes that this is the only way to catch Manta Ray and Sea Turtle but was not updated to include that it is the only way to catch Tiger Shark as well.

Enjoy!

~Reivax

pyro-1.png

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=trawler.htm#fish

Following the above link will lead you to the Trawler Fishing Catch page with a small summary. The Summary includes that this is the only way to catch Manta Ray and Sea Turtle but was not updated to include that it is the only way to catch Tiger Shark as well.

Enjoy!

~Reivax

Hey again! Thanks for this addition. I've added it to the guide. You'll also notice your Runespan submission was noted and corrected :thumbup: ~ Speedyshel

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

Song from the Depths:

On the tip trick bit about con xp.

Probably more helpful to note the directions of left = west, right = east, above = north, below = south than just mention the compass thing.

Also the pool to reach 25k xp has a lvl 80 constitution req (mention in the thread in gen discussion), one would assume this may mean the entrance pool *might* have a level limit too. I'll prob drag my noob account over there later today so I can find out.

Hi Sy. I'm not sure if you have noticed, but the spoiler tags in there indicate which direction specifically to go, so I'm not exactly sure what do you mean by this. If I were to describe specifically what each direction equaled to in the unhidden context, it already spoils it for the reader who may want to solve that particular puzzle on their own. I did however, added a note that the directions will no longer be cardinal directions.

I'll wait to see what the entrance pool yields. Thanks. :)

Jeez i'm starting to come to this thread a lot.

Hello!

I thought it would be advisable to link the Runespan to the Runecrafting Skill Guide, you actually have to go to mini-games or the runecrafting guild guides to reach the runespan and I thought this top right link wouldn't hurt.

-Edit-

I was wrong, neither the Great Orb Project, or the Runecrafting Guild guide contain any links to the runespan. Although it is a mini-area, I thought it would fit in well with the Runecrafting guide since it is strictly for gaining experience in the skill or gaining runecraft related rewards.

-Double Edit-

I was only referring to a link from one page to another, I don't think an entire Runespan section has to be added to the Runecrafting Guide if Tipit is moving to a new website soon; which I greatly anticipate :thumbsup:

Cheers!

pyro-1.png

Jeez i'm starting to come to this thread a lot.

Hello!

I thought it would be advisable to link the Runespan to the Runecrafting Skill Guide, you actually have to go to mini-games or the runecrafting guild guides to reach the runespan and I thought this top right link wouldn't hurt.

-Edit-

I was wrong, neither the Great Orb Project, or the Runecrafting Guild guide contain any links to the runespan. Although it is a mini-area, I thought it would fit in well with the Runecrafting guide since it is strictly for gaining experience in the skill or gaining runecraft related rewards.

-Double Edit-

I was only referring to a link from one page to another, I don't think an entire Runespan section has to be added to the Runecrafting Guide if Tipit is moving to a new website soon; which I greatly anticipate :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Ah, but we love that! We greatly appreciate people taking the time to point out these things and make suggestions. I've added references to the Runespan on both the Runecrafting guide and the guild page, and credited you. Once again, thank you so much! :D

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Song from the Depths:

Probably more helpful to note the directions of left = west, right = east, above = north, below = south than just mention the compass thing.

Also the pool to reach 25k xp has a lvl 80 constitution req (mention in the thread in gen discussion), one would assume this may mean the entrance pool *might* have a level limit too. I'll prob drag my noob account over there later today so I can find out.

Hi Sy. I'm not sure if you have noticed, but the spoiler tags in there indicate which direction specifically to go, so I'm not exactly sure what do you mean by this. If I were to describe specifically what each direction equaled to in the unhidden context, it already spoils it for the reader who may want to solve that particular puzzle on their own. I did however, added a note that the directions will no longer be cardinal directions.

I dunno wtf I was on about then, just took my noob over (finally)

Level 50 constitution required for the entrance pool.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Song from the Depths:

I dunno wtf I was on about then, just took my noob over (finally)

Level 50 constitution required for the entrance pool.

Fixed. Thanks a bunch, Sy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Small update for Ganodermic beast's drop table, I got a 15 death rune drop and the guide currently says "8-14". Later on in the task I got 16 death runes but obviously they stacked then and I couldn't confirm it by screenshot, would you take my word for it? icon_ohnoes.gif

Evidence!

[hide] dedeathrune.png [/hide]

[Crew Edit: Added to the entry and you have been credited :) thanks! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Hello there.

For the crafting guild guide, when it describes the spawns on the ground floor, it doesn't mention that there's a bracelet mould.

The mould is shown in the picture, however, and I have confirmed myself that it is there.

Thanks, Rockmicymous

Edit: after looking around, I noticed that the prices listed for the tanner were also incorrect. He tans soft leather for free and dragonhide only costs 20gp.

[Crew Edit: This has been added and you have been credited, thanks! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine

Fish flingers update is looking good, but one bit is slightly wrong/badly worded:

Once you have found the correct bait and hook, your rating should be at least 66%. To get the last 33%, you need to find the casting range, determined by the line weight. You have three available weights, the small (1), medium (2), and large (3). Start with the medium (2) weight and add or remove the small (1) and large (3) weights. If these do not work, use combinations to test weights of 4, 5, and 6, until you hit 100% rating.

I see what you are trying to say here but it comes off wrong.

Start with 2 and add/remove 1 and 3 would imply either you do:

1+2

2+3

Or you do:

1+2

1+2+3

2+3

Which would mean you've tested either 2, 3, 5 or 2, 3, 6, 5

Therefore saying 'if these do not work test 4,5 and 6' doesn't make sense. It ought to be 1,4 (and 6).

I'd also suggest this bit could perhaps be expanded a bit to clarify that once again you get 16% for a similar, similar for weights being 1 above or 1 below (eg 1 and 3 would give 16% for weight 2 being correct). This info could also lead to a clearer methodology.

Eg Start with weight 2.

If 2 gives you 83% try 1 and 3

If 2 gives 66% try 4.

If 4 produces 83% go to 5

If 4 remains at 66% go to 6

Basically try every other weight until you strike on the right one or a similar one.

And could be worth mentioning early on in the guide about the not quite right percent math because just referring to 16% and 33% could throw people as fish flingers only displays:

0%

16%

33%

54%(49? It ought to be 49 mathematically, but I seem to recall it showing 54, but not 100% certain)

66%

83%

100%

Which don't *quite* fit the 16%/33% math perfectly and even further could help make the guide clearly as references to 16%/33% gain/loss could be replaced by 1 or 2 'level/value/interger' gain/loses referring to the table of the possible %s

Could even go so far as having a little summary table (possible in hide tags) showing what right/wrong/similar combos each % could be so like

0% - Nothing correct or similar

16% - 1 element similar

33% - 2 elements similar or 1 correct

54% - 3 elements similar or 1 correct and 1 similar

66% - 1 correct and 2 similar or 2 correct

83% - 2 correct and 1 similar

100% - All correct

Would fit nicely either early on or towards the end as a sort of 'advanced tips' type entry, especially as knowing these combinations (alongside the other info) can help you solve faster.

Crew edit: This has been dealt with, thanks!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Another small fix. On the weekly Penguin and Circus page it says this week is from June 27 - July 2. However, it updates Tuesday/Wednesday. I think whomever wrote it this week thought that June has 31 days and was off a day, it should read June 27 - July 3.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Just a tiny error - in the Falador task list, at Medium difficulty, "Loof Spiffy For Tiffy" should be "Look Spiffy For Tiffy".

[Crew Edit: This has been fixed, thanks! :) ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine

Hi All,

In the farming guide allotment section, it states: "Burthorpe (1 Allotment patch Only)", when it should actually read "Burthorpe (1 Potato patch Only). It seems minor, but there is a comparable Wilderness limpwurt-only patch also listed, so this should be updated to be consistent. I have uploaded a jpg to show that this definitely is a potato only patch (check out the chat box):

http://img835.images...669/potatoc.jpg

Hope this helps!

Any credit can be given to Jasquith

Cheers

[Crew Edit: This has been changed and you have been credited :) ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine