Jagex; as reviewed by employees.

Cloud1924

Yes, I can't imagine why Jagex would want to stop you from using their facilities to post a load of stuff that criticises their senior management and calls the whole company incompetent and hopeless. Clearly it would be better for staff morale if they kept it on the RSOF. Maybe send a memo round, tell everyone go take a look at all the positive feedback.

I'd have thought the reason your friend got banned would be amazingly obvious, and if he was genuinely surprised when he did get banned or confused about why, then that shows some real naivety on his part.

In reference to the first part of your post, you haven't seen all the other stuff posted on the HLF, this stuff is mild in comparison.

He wasn't surprised at the ban, just annoyed that they would outright delete the thread instead of merely hiding a post or two and giving a reason. And he wasn't spamming with it, just reposting when it got hidden since he wasn't given the reason why.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Sad stuff to read, honestly. Not sure what kind of employees these people were, but it sounds like there is little agreement between management and the workers.

Definitely goes with the trend of where the game is going I suppose...

VsaJs.jpg

Being a sales executive I have had the distinct pleasure to read reviews like this about myself. It is usually the people who don't put in any effort, but expect to get paid anyway and get sacked as a result - who write up reviews like this.

The people who actually work hard for their results, will have the self respect to give you their opinions right in your face, which is why I regard these kind of online reviews to be bogus. I bet ya that none of these employees would have the balls to stand up and say this in a meeting or even say that to any of the managers after they got sacked.

The bottom line is - there are idiots in every line of work and every company. Yes, in a big company some of them will make it to the top management also, but people generally work to their best ability to come up with good results. Every senior manager in a large company has to answer to someone also, so I can't believe that things are that bad.

These people complaining are probably the shining example of what is wrong with Jagex. Now, if any of the active Mods would come up and say these things, say on a yt channel or something, that would be a whole different story.

purekilljoy.png

And he wasn't spamming with it, just reposting when it got hidden since he wasn't given the reason why.

That's still asking to get banned, IMO. They hid it, so they obviously don't want it posted, or it violates their rules, or it isn't on topic, or whatever. And his response is to repeat his actions? That's just not very smart. He could have contacted someone if he wanted a reason why, rather than ignoring it and giving it another try.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've heard very similar comments, but I've also heard that it does have its benefits. I know for a fact that the over-time they do is ridiculous (especially the pay, well, lack of it).

A lot of the complaints seen in those reviews do make sense when you look at what's been going on in the game. It's not all bad either; the impression most of them seem to give is that it used to be a fun, quirky place to work with the regular staff jollies and the like, but poor management and people getting laid off so easily are starting to take their toll.

The thread about this was hidden several times on the RSOF, with no reason given as to why. If those reviews were fake, surely the JMod hiding the thread would have said so.

A friend of mine was the one posting it on the HLF several times over, eventually he got forumbanned with no reason why. Of course, it's kind of obvious why. They must really not like this site or something.

"Posting it [..] several times over" -- sounds like spamming. Not really surprising that he was banned for it.

It wasn't spam. He posted one thread, it got hidden with no reason given. He posted another thread and it got completely deleted, again with no reason. He wasn't creating several threads at once, just continuing the discussion.

Asmodean <3

A lot of the complaints seen in those reviews do make sense when you look at what's been going on in the game. It's not all bad either; the impression most of them seem to give is that it used to be a fun, quirky place to work with the regular staff jollies and the like, but poor management and people getting laid off so easily are starting to take their toll.

The thread about this was hidden several times on the RSOF, with no reason given as to why. If those reviews were fake, surely the JMod hiding the thread would have said so.

A friend of mine was the one posting it on the HLF several times over, eventually he got forumbanned with no reason why. Of course, it's kind of obvious why. They must really not like this site or something.

"Posting it [..] several times over" -- sounds like spamming. Not really surprising that he was banned for it.

It wasn't spam. He posted one thread, it got hidden with no reason given. He posted another thread and it got completely deleted, again with no reason. He wasn't creating several threads at once, just continuing the discussion.

Thats still spam as far as forum rules go.

Reason given or not if something is locked or hidden it is not supposed to be reposted doing so is spamming.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've heard very similar comments, but I've also heard that it does have its benefits. I know for a fact that the over-time they do is ridiculous (especially the pay, well, lack of it).

Yeah, if you're some young kid fresh out of university with impressive strengths in design/coding/whatever or you're hired to the Customer Service side of things, it's a great job to work up a resume and reap the benefits (assuming you're hired under the conditions that allow you to have access to those perks, I have no idea how that works within Jagex and England.)

EDIT: At least, it seems like it anyway.

hzvjpwS.gif

As I said above:

And he wasn't spamming with it, just reposting when it got hidden since he wasn't given the reason why.

That's still asking to get banned, IMO. They hid it, so they obviously don't want it posted, or it violates their rules, or it isn't on topic, or whatever. And his response is to repeat his actions? That's just not very smart. He could have contacted someone if he wanted a reason why, rather than ignoring it and giving it another try.

It's just stupid to repeat your actions after Jagex has clearly demonstrated that you've done something wrong -- explanation or not. If he wanted an explanation, he should have asked for one rather than just doing it again.

Tip.It has very different standard operating procedures than Jagex, but if a Tip.It moderator hid a post on our forum and the person immediately reposted it because they "weren't given a reason," then they would get in trouble (not a ban, but still in trouble). That's just common sense.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The bottom line is - there are idiots in every line of work and every company. Yes, in a big company some of them will make it to the top management also, but people generally work to their best ability to come up with good results. Every senior manager in a large company has to answer to someone also, so I can't believe that things are that bad.

It really depends on the company. I've seen the proper people get promoted, and I've seen truly talented people be passed over for someone less qualified because they were either deemed too valuable to promote (yes, there is such a thing as being too good at your job), or the other person was just better at playing the office politics.

Yes, managers have people they report to, but as long as their department is performing at an acceptable level the higher ups tend to leave them alone. And going over your boss's head to complain won't get you anything but a label as a troublemaker which then leads to them finding any excuse at all to get rid of you (I've seen that happen as well). After all, your boss's job is to deal with you so his boss really isn't interested in your complaints.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

In response to a question in the original post - to write a review about a *company* on glassdoor, you have to have an @*company*.com email address.

I wrote a review for Verizon Wireless without a Verizon email. I just had to send in a blacked out check-stub which just showed my name and their logo. It wouldn't be too hard to obtain a Jagex check stub and just photoshop information in.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

In response to a question in the original post - to write a review about a *company* on glassdoor, you have to have an @*company*.com email address.

I wrote a review for Verizon Wireless without a Verizon email. I just had to send in a blacked out check-stub which just showed my name and their logo. It wouldn't be too hard to obtain a Jagex check stub and just photoshop information in.

I'll post what I saw on Reddit, taken from the glassdoor website:

"Since we're unable to fully verify the identity of an anonymous user, we require each user to certify their employee relationship to the company when they post any content. We also require all users to validate their email address before their posts are made available to the community. This verification process allows us to put measures in place to identify suspicious users and/or posts. And all of these, combined with active community moderation and our commitment to review every post, allow us to have confidence in our information."

So it's a verified email and proof of relationship to that company they're reviewing, then that information is checked by their reviewing/moderation staff, then made visible.

Mod Mike posted this, which I kind of thought was funny in a "Really?" sort of way:

YPNyK.png

I will say that just because employees might leave disgruntled, or they were from low leveled positions, doesn't mean they're "useless" or didn't have their ear to the ground to learn company politicking. In this case it's the common denominators in all the reviews that are the most important, not necessarily the 'recommendations' or doom and gloom business predictions.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

EDIT: I saw this on reddit too, OP :o!

I can't find it, was it on /r/runescape?

EDIT: Found it (holy crap reddit's search never fails to impress me with how much it sucks):

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I don't think the upper echelon of management is incompetent as much as they are seedy, shifty, shady, sleazy, scummy, screwy, sneaky, scandalous, and all in all shitty.

I have to say as an ex employee myself, this made me LOL!

(Apologies if it is against the rules to say I'm an ex employee)

Sure there are some complaints, but I wouldn't say the comments are particularly devastating, and as the one employee said, they seem to be working toward fixing them now.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure there are some complaints, but I wouldn't say the comments are particularly devastating, and as the one employee said, they seem to be working toward fixing them now.

Mmm really? I just randomly copy and paste this... These aren't devastating enough for ya?

It actually really do give me a lot of pleasure reading some of this. It's exactly what I imagined what Jagex after Gower would be like.

Cons Where do I start?

Incompetent senior management. Maybe I should highlight and underline that? In fact I can't think of one senior manager who could actually manage people with any skill.

Communication. Awful.

Attitude to customers. Unbelievably bad. I give you FunOrb, War of Legends, RuneScape etc etc

Broken promises. Consistent and regular

Regularly choosing the exact and polar opposites of what normal, sane, intelligent people would do.

Making knee jerk decisions. Constantly.

Bringing in industry experienced professionals who would last approximately 6 months before they understood what a mad house Jagex is, and leaving the good guys to clear up the mess.

Setting ridiculous targets. I mean ridiculous.

Wanting everything done tomorrow. No planning. Putting unbelievable pressure to deliver on pointless projects.

The current drive to rid the company of people who've been there since the start but who might not have a tick in a particular box. For redundancies read compromise agreements.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

"In 2006 the majority of the players gave great feedback and said they loved the game, and within the release of the evolution of combat players have been quitting quite frequently

Advice to Senior Management – Change RuneScape back to 2006, or even 2011 when people actually enjoyed our game."

I'm pretty sure a player wrote that. It just feels like the sort of thing a nostalgic player would say. "Make the game like it was in 2006" is incredibly common. Also hates on EoC and claims people have been quitting frequently cause of it. I'm not really knowledgeable on how many people quit, but I'm at the very least skeptical of a claim that says mass quittings followed EoC update.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The couple of fake reviews you can easily tell, they're the 3 newest ones- but the majority seem completely legit and echoes the almost same message:

Management (ivp) incompetent, pay is near or below minimum wage with expected unpaid overtime, all of the older staff who are sympathetic to players are being fired, no room for promotions/career advancements.

Imagine a jagex customer service guy, who puts on a brave face as a "jmod" on rsof... Because if he doesn't toe the party line he doesn't even keep his job. This is precisely what I thought they have felt.

You all can rationalize however you want... It seems everyone left here is a Jagex/Ivp fanboy anyways...

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

The couple of fake reviews you can easily tell, they're the 3 newest ones- but the majority seem completely legit and echoes the almost same message:

Management (ivp) incompetent, pay is near or below minimum wage with expected unpaid overtime, all of the older staff who are sympathetic to players are being fired, no room for promotions/career advancements.

Imagine a jagex customer service guy, who puts on a brave face as a "jmod" on rsof... Because if he doesn't toe the party line he doesn't even keep his job. This is precisely what I thought they have felt.

You all can rationalize however you want... It seems everyone left here is a Jagex/Ivp fanboy anyways...

Just like you rationalize us criticizing the site for us being Jagex/Ivp fanboys? Just like how you rationalize it so that it means what you want it to mean?

Also, if you read the thread you'd realize something. Many people WANT this to be correct, because it echoes the players sentiments and what they think. I'd even go so far as to say most. However, as much as people might want it to be true, you need to look at it objectively as well. Statistical evidence > personal anecdotes, despite the fact that the human brain instinctively chooses anecdotes over statistics. Is the sample size large enough to be considered accurate, especially when you take out the fakes and maybe fakes? I honestly don't know, and I highly doubt you do either.

The way I "rationalize" this thread is that most players want it to be true, but are being cautious about it. They aren't willing to immediately claim that this site is the evidence they are looking for despite it saying exactly what they want it to say.

• Like 2

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy by any means but I am skeptical of a website that lets you review the company as an "employee" without any proof that you've ever been associated with the company at all. Especially with the amount of butt hurt players out there that like to slander jagex's name.

Then why would ignore you the 20 real reviews to pick out the one obvious fake one to quote back at me?

You must feel the need to rationalise something.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg