Behind The Scenes: December

Urza285

I am so relieved I actually got round to doing the Fight Kiln. Now all I have to do is get level 90 in Herblore, Prayer, Runecrafting, Thieving, Slayer and Fishing. They certainly weren't kidding when they called this high-level content.

If it's any solace, you only need 90 in one skill to at least participate. Luckily my 95 fishing will mean I don't have to sit out Player owned ports completely.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Lore-wise maybe, but I doubt you'll need all the skills for the rewards, it's probably going to be Stealing Creations-like where you can do the mini-game with 1 or 2 of the gathering skills (and some luck).

I'd seriously disagree with that, I think if you have 90 fishing, you will get the fish that requires 90 cooking (the highest type of food available in the game), your skills will effect the resources you gain from it.

Of course we will also get some rubbish promotional SOF thing to try and urge us to spend more but, as for the minigame mechanics I feel unless you have the required skills you won't get the relevant rewards to do with that.

Sounds like you will have a rewards chest similar to Miscellania where you collect them and it depends on your skills (or in Miscellanias case what you have picked for them to harvest).

I would totally agree with that IF I could tie Thieving to any of the rewards ... It seems more like a method to gather reward points.

I thought the initial skills mentioned allowed you to access characters who came with their own stroylines/campaigns, whereas the finishing skills like RC/Craft/Smith allowed for the production of the level 85 gear.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Interesting that there is no mention of construction. Sounds like this is more about highering your crew then building your port.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

They WOULD finally release the Eastern Lands months after I quit and I've been waiting for this update for years. :(

Don't worry, only your crew will be going there, not you.

Go figure :\\\

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There's a Solomon/SoF reference at the end of every piece of content :D (except the statues).

But even that looks good! We're getting overlays that you can earn through gameplay and the pet system is getting overhauled. :mrgreen:

</fashionscape>

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some smithing to train...

No more feeding pets = pets galore when not doing cmb. Since I have mostly finished the familiar using skills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We are also adding two brand-new, re-colourable and re-nameable pets to Solomon’s store, each with their own unique set of powers.

So since they said power and not emote, ect does this mean they are finally adding items that give in game advantage to people who pay...(other then the extra bank space)

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hmm, runecraft and thieving... which is easier to 90?

Thieving. You only need 4 more levels. It is 250k+ xp per hour at Pyramid Plunder. Runecraft is about 60-80k per hour at Runespan.

Well honestly it depends on the fact - does he want the mage armor from that minigame or not ? (And if the armor is going to be sellable or not).

If your allegiance tends towards the TokHaar, Solomon will have three tiers of cosmetic armour reskins for sale, based on the ancient race.

Solomon will also be opening Davy Jones' Locker to reveal various sailor outfits (east and west) and nautical hairstyles and beards.

Yelps will be getting in on the act, so you'll have an alternative method of gaining presents on the Squeal of Fortune.

We are also adding two brand-new, re-colourable and re-nameable pets to Solomon’s store, each with their own unique set of powers.

oh my.

Looks like a really fun month though. I'm really exited for player owned ports!

4e0Vn.png

A return to proper holiday events! :thumbsup:

Were you as disturbed as I was though?

- You're getting to help the stray dogs! HRNNGGGGG MY FEELS

- They're getting warm, cuddly new homes in a city of your choice! YAY YAY YAY!

- You're going to dress them up to be your reindeer for a Pet Christmas!

[hide]cCZ2H.jpg[/hide]

It just seemed out of left-field and I was reminded of the doormouse scene in Scrooged with Bill Murray, where they talk about stapling antlers to its head lol

--

I am still a little upset about the way the finale of the Tzharr storyline is playing out. Based on the summary & video, it feels like they just made this LOL COMBAT COMBAT to showcase the EoC as soon as possible, rather than maybe waiting to release it and work it in with the Return of the Gods storyline. After all, what better to remember who the real top dogs are but the looming presence and references to the Elder Gods as the pissy weak gods come back to Gielinor to have their [bleep]slap fest. I don't like the idea that a really wonderful quest was shoehorned into yet another "look at me, this update is awesome!" method for validating the EoC. You don't need to do that, Jagex, the update speaks for itself without tampering with the integrity of our precious quests ;_;

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif