World 1, 16 both P2P along with 10 others

Arceus

As you can see both from logging into the game and from the printscreen below, a few worlds more worlds than promised have been made p2p. Despite little (if any) suggestion from players, the most populous F2P world was made P2P. One of the most infamous worlds in terms of F2P community has been made P2P as well. World 50 has gone P2P as well, but I suppose that's not all bad, in that it usually had bad lag. I'm just rather surprised about swiping off so many worlds (12/38 or nearly 1/3 are gone). What do you think?

server-change-list-14114528.png

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I thought they were removing worlds that were less populated, not converting them to P2P. And W1??? There was no mention of that. I guess we'll have to move to W3 to trade rares.

Also, why anybody need an Artisan's Workshop themed world and how, exactly, does one do "community agility training"?

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Inb4 the "rs is dying and that's why they are making more f2p servers p2p."

I can't stand people who make these baseless comments. I ca barely stand the fact I'm stating this.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Very odd they'd take the most populated f2p worlds and turn them into p2p. Almost as if they were trying to fracture the f2p community. Almost makes me want to play on world 1 now though lol, be interesting to see who all migrates there as a new p2p world.

• Like 2
siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

They never mentioned before making world 1 p2p...they said they were taking 5 low populated worlds that were f2p and converting them, I'd hardly call W1 lowly populated ...

Also naming 71 as a peng hunt world is odd move, sure there are the penguin whispers or w/e they're called that hunt there but you risk splintering the peng hunt community more making 2 worlds themed instead of 60 or 71.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

They never mentioned before making world 1 p2p...they said they were taking 5 low populated worlds that were f2p and converting them, I'd hardly call W1 lowly populated ...

Also naming 71 as a peng hunt world is odd move, sure there are the penguin whispers or w/e they're called that hunt there but you risk splintering the peng hunt community more making 2 worlds themed instead of 60 or 71.

How exactly does it splinter the hunt? W60 is mainly for those who like chat-based hunting, W71 for thread-based hunting. Both are valid methods and I think both deserve recognition. The current communities will stick to their current worlds as they have in the past, and new hunters will see both possibilities and have the option to decide between them.

The peng hunt community is by far big enough for two worlds (there are actually some more being used) and due to the mechanics of how the different groups operate, trying to combine them in one world wouldn't even function properly.

• Like 1

How exactly does it splinter the hunt? W60 is mainly for those who like chat-based hunting, W71 for thread-based hunting. Both are valid methods and I think both deserve recognition. The current communities will stick to their current worlds as they have in the past, and new hunters will see both possibilities and have the option to decide between them.

The peng hunt community is by far big enough for two worlds (there are actually some more being used) and due to the mechanics of how the different groups operate, trying to combine them in one world wouldn't even function properly.

Noobs may not know that W71 is thread based. Jagex could at least mention on the theme that 71 is thread based and 60 is fc based. That is why generalising both worlds simply as peng hunting is a bad move.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Also, why anybody need an Artisan's Workshop themed world and how, exactly, does one do "community agility training"?

It's probably an acceptance that agility is tediously boring to train alone and you can't talk in a FC or CC because of the constant attention required. Generally, most things are more bearable when done in groups. Plus you can race each other for mild amusement.

• Like 1

That's kind if what I meant. If you have to focus that much while training Agility then it's hard to feel like you're a part of the community around you. I had much the same problem with Mining in F2P.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

With mining in F2P, it's more or less one person, one spot. At least with Agility you can all suffer through it together ^_^, without fighting for xp too much.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That's true. I'd forgotten that, what with never having trained it and all. :P

In that case, I retract my my objection. :)

Noobs may not know that W71 is thread based. Jagex could at least mention on the theme that 71 is thread based and 60 is fc based. That is why generalising both worlds simply as peng hunting is a bad move.

That should be no big problem though I think. If a new hunter logs into on of the peng hunting worlds, he won't really know where to go or which fc to join etc. If he wants to get any advantage out of it, he'll have to ask others, whcih will tell him what thread to visit or which fc to join.

<*checks world list*>

Good thing I quit IdiotScape already. Investors and Jagex's current staff are DEFINITELY trying to kill off F2P. Makes me wish Andrew Gower would come back and take everything back over. At least he KNEW how to keep everything on an even keel. I would suggest that as many P2P as possible cancel their subscriptions until Jagex gets it through their heads not to kill what made them. You know, F2P-gone-P2P... Heck, last I heard, there were a lot of P2P'ers already upset by Jagex doing these bad things to F2P. Unfortunately, the only way that Jagex will understand is via a hit to their cash pockets, the only spot where a point can be put across. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Glad to be RS-less!" Devnull

(p.s.: Seems like all big businesses end up falling down into this death pit.)

• Like 1

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I do have to wonder why we need more trade worlds (we being p2p). It works best when there is only one. I am going to take a stab in the dark and say it's because world 1 is almost certainly in the same cluster as world 2, and they are probably some of the best servers Jagex has. How making it p2p helps us escapes me though. Unless they are hoping that the bulk of trade will stick to either 1 or 2, and they can switch world designations and use the world 1 or 2 server for something else.

• Like 1

I don't see how this hurts the community. F2p who use W1 can move to W3, the next most populated world. F2p is already quite empty and the change in resource competition will be negligible. However, this benefits members greatly, as they're the ones who have to compete the most for resources and bosses, and would benefit the most from the extra servers.

I for one am looking forward to getting crashed a little less at GWD.

They should rather make the game more attractive for F2P players instead of taking worlds away because the population shrinks. If I'd start playing now and have to fight with 30 bots in each world for a log or ore, I'd be gone within an hour.

• Like 7

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png