RuneScape BTS#34: The Kalphite King

Demoli

New kalphites are ugly

wtf is that camera angle at 0:20

why is there a fire in the kk lair at 0:24

why doesnt Mod Hew play in a heavy metal band

The KK is 5x5 squares, rip steel titans hope they will have fun trying to walk around him

"the queen has always been popular" u wot m8

>Ranged AoE attack similarly to the Runebound Behemoth - FFS JAGEX THIS DOES NOT WORK IN A SQUARE BASED GAME

"Can you solo the king? I don't think so" brb smokey/woox

"superb loot" inb4the good items have a korean 1:5000 drop rate and most of the drops are noted cacti

2:00 no ffs not that guy again

2:10 outro took longer time to make than the anti bot system

• Like 3

Looks interesting, though I am somewhat concerned that it is designed with lvl 80 cmb stats "with appropriate gear" and teams of around 10. Assuming they aren't overselling things as always it's gonna be like gf any remotely casual pvmer.

But we shall see how it goes, video didn't really give us huge amounts of info.

@Demoli's point I think they clip of current KQ was showing it 'as is' because bts etc did say Kalphites have been given a makeover. Also I dunno if it was just me but I got the impression from how they said things they meant KQ will remain as a low level boss but the Kalphite King's lair has its OWN queen who is a bit higher level but essentially the same concept.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Designed around 80 combat stats yet drops level 90 weapons.

Jagex Logic.

Well what do you want? A boss designed around lvl 90 combat stats using 'appropriate gear'? The monster has to be doable with slightly lower gear than it drops otherwise it'd be stupid as you wouldn't be able to get the gear in the first place.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1JoEI.png

lol.

• Like 11

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Jagex Logic.

Well what do you want? A boss designed around lvl 90 combat stats using 'appropriate gear'? The monster has to be doable with slightly lower gear than it drops otherwise it'd be stupid as you wouldn't be able to get the gear in the first place.

Are you saying a combat 160 player (with 80 attack, str and def) is supposed to go to KK and get drops he can't even use?

Jagex Logic.

Are you saying a combat 160 player (with 80 attack, str and def) is supposed to go to KK and get drops he can't even use?

That's how bossing for higher tiers work. They are designed for the tier below the tier of weapons they drop, so that you can upgrade your gear and have something to look for when training up your stats. Having the boss designed around the tier of armour/weapons he uses causes the problem of no one being able to kill it consistently to supply the damn weapons themselves, causing supply constraint and the inability to hunt the boss properly for months.

Jagex Logic.

Why not? Isn't that how nex, glacors and GWD work. Oh wait, average player gets crashed by SS Nex Gear arse tards. (generalization)

That's how most bosses usually work, 50% players who can kill it, generally wont have stats to wield it's gear. With the exception of nex because that's basically a must.

Popoto.~<3

Sadly some players just complain and rage at every update.

• Like 3

WILDERLAND FROM 2006-2014 RIP

2u5xfeq.png

The dark one will take your soul

MINING GOLDS MEMBER SINCE 2013

Sadly some players just complain and rage at every update.

Yeah I know right... Some of you people needs to sit back, think hard and consider what you are about to say before doing so. Start with opening a new browser tab, go to dictionary.com and look up these words and read their definition "progression", "challenge" and "tolerance." And for your own sake, please I'm begging you, at least read the second definition of tolerance and ponder on its contextual use here for more than an hour.

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They just said level 80 combat stats, because they want you to wear the level 80 gear to do so. A 10-man level 99 group with level 60 gear probably won't make it.

Edit: Apparently the update won't be next week.

Apparently the update won't be next week.

Source?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Source?

Got mailed to a community saying that the BTS vid was out, and that the teasers pics were coming when they are ready, but that the update won't be next week.

Video of the new weapons at 1:05.

I cut them out and pasted them together:

I'm pretty sure the first is the mace, don't know about the second one, but due to the size, I think it's the rapier.

Kalphite_King_Mace.pngKalphite_King_Rapier.png

Guess we are getting a double bill of king and tasks then.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Source?

Got mailed to a community saying that the BTS vid was out, and that the teasers pics were coming when they are ready, but that the update won't be next week.

Video of the new weapons at 1:05.

I cut them out and pasted them together:

I'm pretty sure the first is the mace, don't know about the second one, but due to the size, I think it's the rapier.

Kalphite_King_Mace.pngKalphite_King_Rapier.png

I guess I'm one of the very few who subscribes to the notion that form follows function.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Jagex Logic.

Considering the last boss was designed around 99 stats and drops level 80 gear... :razz:

That's all part of Mod Mmg's plan. A few days before Nex set effects are released he will sell his massive stockpiles of Torva, Pernix and Virtus, but unbeknownst to players he has a hidden ace up his sleeve. Soon after the masses rid themselves of their hoarded armor he will begin buying them up again. Slow and steady he will buy up the unwanted sets careful not to arouse suspicion, and then he will spring his trap, nothing less than a front page article declaring a full re-balance of godwars gear including the lower tier's rise to level 80 all the way up to Nex armor taking it's rightful place at level 99.

Mod Mmg's revenge will be complete.

Instakill darts why you expired so quick. They might be usefull after watching this video. In before Elite Task that require kill Kalphite King, multiple times.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Kalphite queen possibly. King? No way.