RuneScape BTS#34: The Kalphite King

Demoli

Don't even get me started on resets >.>

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Glad I only ever bought just one rapier.

But who knows, there might be a twist to it similar to the tzhaar armour which is useless outside the volcano or pop gear which degrades to nothing.

The phrase "yes, it will be best in slot for a while" leads me to believe it will be actual no-strings-attached level 90 gear.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Glad I only ever bought just one rapier.

But who knows, there might be a twist to it similar to the tzhaar armour which is useless outside the volcano or pop gear which degrades to nothing.

The phrase "yes, it will be best in slot for a while" leads me to believe it will be actual no-strings-attached level 90 gear.

I'm inclined to agree with montychuck on this one; also Pop armour degrading to nothing isn't a limiting twist seeing as that only applies to the buyable version. Make your own and its repairable and keepable.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Designed around 80 combat stats yet drops level 90 weapons.

Jagex Logic.

Considering the last boss was designed around 99 stats and drops level 80 gear... :razz:

That's all part of Mod Mmg's plan. A few days before Nex set effects are released he will sell his massive stockpiles of Torva, Pernix and Virtus, but unbeknownst to players he has a hidden ace up his sleeve. Soon after the masses rid themselves of their hoarded armor he will begin buying them up again. Slow and steady he will buy up the unwanted sets careful not to arouse suspicion, and then he will spring his trap, nothing less than a front page article declaring a full re-balance of godwars gear including the lower tier's rise to level 80 all the way up to Nex armor taking it's rightful place at level 99.

Mod Mmg's revenge will be complete.

Please don't make me paranoid.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I prefer the bosses dropping gear higher than their "level" as opposed to all of the mobs that are really tough, but only drop stupid dragon equipment.

Of course, they were tough; since EoC, those mobs kind of took a beating in relative power level...

I'm pretty sure the items won't degrade to nothing seeing as they've explained that there are also drops that recharge those items.

as in, the usage of the word "repair"

8f14270694.jpg

Please don't make me paranoid.

If you're not paranoid, what are you doing in General Discussion? This isn't a forum for sane people! :razz:

Compared to the rest of the RS population, we are sages.

22031_s.gif

kkhighdmg.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's any possible armour combination out now that can withstand this.

Seems that Soul Splitting this boss is out if you don't wanna #yolo it up.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Maybe you're not supposed to withstand that. Could be one of multiple attacks:

• A rage attack (if you fought him for too long, he starts one hitting everything)
  • An avoidance attack (a ground targetted ability that you have to step out of, or a charged ability)
  • A "taunt" ability (meaning he does more damage when he is on a target for too long, therefore someone else has to taunt him to reset some kind of damage meter. Don't forget that is possible now in the EOC)
  • A resonance ability (he gives you a warning before he uses his ability, then you have to use a full avoidance cooldown such as Resonance to reflect it. I'd actually love to see that seeing that it effectively means that you have to kill those adds quickly, or have someone on taunt duty taking the kalphite adds of the KK's target so that resonance won't get misused)
  • A prayer ability (make sure you have prayer on to reduce the damage).

22031_s.gif

Maybe spirit shields will have a use again, that can't be a bad thing.

I wouldn't mourn the death of chaotics yet, these new weapons are almost definitely gonna be very expensive to buy and probably to use too assuming the new drops from kalphites used to recharge them are tradable, if they're untradable and take a long time to collect these weapons might not even be worth using for things like slayer.

If the items used to recharge are tradable + the other drops from kalphites are improved a lot, kalphites might be the new grotworms (heavily botted) :(

Bbk.png

Firemakeing HP boost could be useful also along with rocktail soups, for survivability :] Wonder if simple pile-it tactic will work.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

One thing that occurred to me in passing about the 10 man team design.

I wonder if they put in a runebound style ko attack (the one it does if all 3 prayers are up to long) that is trigger if it does not take enough of a certain damage type; ergo it could enforce 10 man teams by needing to be hit by stab, slash, crush, bolt, arrow, thrown, air, water, earth and fire pretty consistently to avoid it doing a pita ko attack.

Though arguably that requirement could conceivably by done by a 5-man team:

Slash Stab dual wield

Crush 2h

Bolt Thrown dual wield

Arrow 2h

Mage rotating spells.

At a further stretch 4-man could manage it if all the first 4 hybrid and fired of a specific element once in a while.

[/totallyunfoundedspeculationramblings]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Would it be a bad idea to have new bosses drop lvl 90+ gear, and at the same time release new raw materials for 90+ mining/smithing/efc to repair it? To give skillers a source of income again

I would say yes. I think it's a generally bad idea to make high end skilling profitable. It further separates the elite from the mid level players. Levels 1-70 need to be more profitable, but that's not possible with the bot problem.

even IF there were midlevel things that were profitable, they'd just get camped by high level players anyway, so there's that

then the bots move in after that and try to get in on the action

value is largely based on accessibility, or rather, lack thereof

since content is designed to work for everybody, access is only segregated only by skill (as in, the ability to overcome situations so difficult that only a small population are able to access the resource) or luck, the only things worth having are purely based on skill or luck

8f14270694.jpg

I'm not sure how many high level players would do a 500k-1m gp/hour method, honestly. I think if all tier 1 potions (especially prayer) were made f2p, p2p members could kill chaos druids for decent gp/hour to fund their skilling.

Maybe it's 3 am that's talking.