• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Experience rates were more balanced, time taken to acquire high end gear was more balanced, the only thing that stopped it from being an even playing field was rares, which this version might not even have.

Calling a version of RS that allows people to get 3M slayer in a week through RWT (check runetracker, idk if I can name & shame) balanced, is ludicrous.

Asmodean <3

And what will you do in this era that is so different than what you can do now? You don't want 2007 Runescape, you want 2007 community. I'm not going to lie that things will be different, community will be closer, but as time goes on it will be the same thing all over again. Then what, reset again to 2005?

I'm afraid you're bringing logic into a discussion where the principal argument relies on sentiment (nostalgia). I'm not saying that to dissuade your reply, because you do have a point, and I thank you for raising it - I'm just saying many people are argumenting from two fundamentally different points of view here.

The scary part is that the illogical scream louder than the logical. They are the ones that get things changed and then complain when they get changed, asking them to be changed again. Happens over and over and over. The illogical scream that things are imbalanced in 2007, then Jagex finally changes in the right direction for combat in 2013, then they scream they want 2007 back because it was "balanced"

It stands to reason that only those who played 2007scape should be allowed to vote on its return. It would be practically impossible and such a permutation won't be applied, but a vote cast by anyone who wasn't a member on 10 August 2007 is a vote cast in total ignorance.

Agreed.

Except, since a large number of the community wasn't a member back then, they should change the volume requirement of votes to a proportion requirement; the requirement votes would be a sham otherwise.

Asmodean <3

Jagex is finnaly listening to its REAL fan base. There a massive company. They know what they are doing and they will get back to their prime. Stop being so delusional.

As I just said. The real fanbase isn't the ones that yell and scream and quit after updates but the ones that play through them.

Would our characters have the stats they have now, or the stats they had in 2007? Back in 2007 I was 99 range, 1 defense, 70 attack, 99 strength for 75 combat I think. Now I'm 99 for all the combat skills. Not even sure which I prefer.

the-graduate-bus.png

Jagex is finnaly listening to its REAL fan base. There a massive company. They know what they are doing and they will get back to their prime. Stop being so delusional.

As I just said. The real fanbase isn't the ones that yell and scream and quit after updates but the ones that play through them.

There is no 'real' fan base. The group you side with doesn't become the 'real' fanbase by virtue of your presence.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

Would our characters have the stats they have now, or the stats they had in 2007? Back in 2007 I was 99 range, 1 defense, 70 attack, 99 strength for 75 combat I think. Now I'm 99 for all the combat skills. Not even sure which I prefer.

Everyone starts from scratch, level 3.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Everyone starts from scratch, level 3.

The amount people don't know is what scares me. They don't know there is no GWD back on August 10th 2007. They don't know they will have to start from scratch. They don't know many of they things they use regularly will be gone. They don't know there won't be a GE or summoning or that they will have to do everything 100% by themselves for a long time. They don't know what it means to be self sufficient. Unless Jagex makes this really obvious (they won't), there will be many votes made by the wrongly informed and there will be big disappointments if this passes on release day. You think people are mad at EoC? People will literally quit because they have to walk 20 minutes across the map.

It actually gets you 2 months free, one for your main and one for your burn account. I still see no point in doing this, because yet again, you give Jagex a false representation of the level of interest in the game, and end up instead, just giving them more money. If you aren't going to subscribe to 07scape on both accounts, it'd be in your best interests as a "community" to not inflate the votes. You are still paying the full month covercharge to get your "free month"

This is the reason why I'd like to see a creation date requirement for voting. Let it be 1 month even. That way you get less "Rigged" votes.

Ideally it would even go back to 07 or older because then you get people who actually know what the game was not all the whiners who just want EoC gone.

They have the right to 'whine' its exactly what you're doing.

On a side not, The date creation would benifit the 2007 more than the reffer a friend.

First off I'm not whining, I'm pointing out the flaws in this. Second of all how on earth would having a creation date of 07 or older help you?

Don't understand why people are urging others who won't play to vote anyway. All that would do is allocate money and manpower into something that far fewer people are playing than voted for. It will create a community split in the same way RS2 did, except now we have so many more players it will be more obvious.

Like I said before, the only people I see who really should vote for this are pkers. People saying they want to start from scratch? Make a new account. People who want to be 100% self made? Make a new account. People who want a challenge? Make a new account and don't use lodestones, if they die don't look grave, don't use rest. Don't put selfishness over the integrity of the main game.

Some people want to help build a new economy, but now that we know exactly what to do and how to do it, that economy will soon mimic the current one on a much, much smaller scale. I guarantee that gambling will still be around. Why? Horses and Waterfall Quest for seeds.

And finally, stop guilting people into voting by saying they aren't real Runescapers or whatever bullshit rhetoric you come up with. The real Runescapers are the ones who have stood members (or who have stood playing if you are strictly f2p) all these years and didn't quit when things got tough. We didn't quit in 2007, we didn't quit in 2012, we are here now.

If it was simple as make a new account. Im sure people would. People love the Era its well balenced compared to live RS. I for one will preffer making a account there than one on the live anyday.

How can you say 07 was more balanced compared to live. It was melee wins all. That is the furthest thing from balanced.

You want true balance in this game, remove weakness and make all styles equal in damage output. 100% balanced and 100% personal choice driven.

When you talk of balence. Its not just combat. Its the game as an overall. Whilest it is melee driven... Mage and range does have a fighting chance.

Also im pointing out the flaws in your points. Same thing. They point out flaws in EoC same thing.

The real fan base of which you are included? You who take the role of some kind of freedom fighter telling people to rebel against Jagex and not to re-subscribe with the goal of forcing them to spend money to satisfy your whim? Far from a fan, you and your group are more a thorn in Jagex's side who will bar the way of progress in order to achieve their own ends.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

It actually gets you 2 months free, one for your main and one for your burn account. I still see no point in doing this, because yet again, you give Jagex a false representation of the level of interest in the game, and end up instead, just giving them more money. If you aren't going to subscribe to 07scape on both accounts, it'd be in your best interests as a "community" to not inflate the votes. You are still paying the full month covercharge to get your "free month"

This is the reason why I'd like to see a creation date requirement for voting. Let it be 1 month even. That way you get less "Rigged" votes.

Ideally it would even go back to 07 or older because then you get people who actually know what the game was not all the whiners who just want EoC gone.

They have the right to 'whine' its exactly what you're doing.

On a side not, The date creation would benifit the 2007 more than the reffer a friend.

First off I'm not whining, I'm pointing out the flaws in this. Second of all how on earth would having a creation date of 07 or older help you?

Don't understand why people are urging others who won't play to vote anyway. All that would do is allocate money and manpower into something that far fewer people are playing than voted for. It will create a community split in the same way RS2 did, except now we have so many more players it will be more obvious.

Like I said before, the only people I see who really should vote for this are pkers. People saying they want to start from scratch? Make a new account. People who want to be 100% self made? Make a new account. People who want a challenge? Make a new account and don't use lodestones, if they die don't look grave, don't use rest. Don't put selfishness over the integrity of the main game.

Some people want to help build a new economy, but now that we know exactly what to do and how to do it, that economy will soon mimic the current one on a much, much smaller scale. I guarantee that gambling will still be around. Why? Horses and Waterfall Quest for seeds.

And finally, stop guilting people into voting by saying they aren't real Runescapers or whatever bullshit rhetoric you come up with. The real Runescapers are the ones who have stood members (or who have stood playing if you are strictly f2p) all these years and didn't quit when things got tough. We didn't quit in 2007, we didn't quit in 2012, we are here now.

If it was simple as make a new account. Im sure people would. People love the Era its well balenced compared to live RS. I for one will preffer making a account there than one on the live anyday.

How can you say 07 was more balanced compared to live. It was melee wins all. That is the furthest thing from balanced.

You want true balance in this game, remove weakness and make all styles equal in damage output. 100% balanced and 100% personal choice driven.

When you talk of balence. Its not just combat. Its the game as an overall. Whilest it is melee driven... Mage and range does have a fighting chance.

Also im pointing out the flaws in your points. Same thing. They point out flaws in EoC same thing.

Until drygores got released, Melee was was more balanced with range/mage in EoC than pre-eoc. Yes Melee is crazy strong now, but when level 90 range and mage weapons get released, we will see more balance than we ever saw pre-eoc. If you tell me range and mage are viable alternatives to melee in 2007, you never really played in 2007. Melee had all the good armor and performed well in any type such as dhides. Melee had most of the best specials. Jagex themselves said the game was melee centered.

But we are talking about the rest of the game, right? Please tell me how the rest of the game was more balanced.

The real fan base of which you are included? You who take the role of some kind of freedom fighter telling people to rebel against Jagex and not to re-subscribe with the goal of forcing them to spend money to satisfy your whim? Far from a fan, you and your group are more a thorn in Jagex's side who will bar the way of progress in order to achieve your own ends.

I have to agree with that. But I still think its good they are listening to the players for once. Wether you are for it or not. An induvidual is not the community. The fact people are selfishly torn between simple things that dont even effect eachother is crazy. No one really knows what the community wants untill Jagex puts the main spoken problems to the test.

To people saying 'ermahgurd Jagex are bending to the wishes of whiners from 2007 @@@@@!!!1one!!!':

This is what's commonly known as 'listening to the community'. Clearly, Jagex feels that a sizeable proportion of the population of RuneScape would like to see the creation of legacy servers, so what is the problem with doing what they want? Just because you won't play doesn't mean that nobody else should, that's like saying 'OMG Jagex how dare you bring out the Slayer skill, I'm a skiller, wow you just bend to the community idiots'. It just doesn't make any sense as an argument.

Even if significant resources were to be consumed in the upkeep of these servers, so what? Significant resources were put into the EoC which many people do not use (people that have quit like me) or skilling updates for PKers, PKing updates for skillers - the list goes on. Not everybody uses every update, and resources are poured into updates that not everybody or even a minority would use. A perfect example of this is player owned ports. The level requirements mean that it is definitely the minority that can use them, but significant time has been put into them. Who cares? Virtually nobody. So why is this different?

Answer these questions and you may have an argument.

The real fan base of which you are included? You who take the role of some kind of freedom fighter telling people to rebel against Jagex and not to re-subscribe with the goal of forcing them to spend money to satisfy your whim? Far from a fan, you and your group are more a thorn in Jagex's side who will bar the way of progress in order to achieve their own ends.

If people do not like the game anymore (because of a specific update such as the EoC, or a multitude of updates over a period of time), they are perfectly within their rights to unsubscribe and to express the reasons for which they did so. If enough people do this, clealry Jagex has done something wrong and they will lose profit, as they should, for not catering to the demands of their playerbase. There is nothing wrong with them spending money to satisfy a large number of players, it's called 'listening'.

Just because you detest the EoC or other updates does not make you a 'thorn in the side of Jagex'. We want the game as it was at a given point in the past, we will make that known and if Jagex think they can make some money from it (which they clearly can), they will do it. Everyone's happy. You seem to treat the wants of everyone that is not satisfied as somehow invalid - they are not invalid.

• Like 1

The real fan base of which you are included? You who take the role of some kind of freedom fighter telling people to rebel against Jagex and not to re-subscribe with the goal of forcing them to spend money to satisfy your whim? Far from a fan, you and your group are more a thorn in Jagex's side who will bar the way of progress in order to achieve your own ends.

I have to agree with that. But I still think its good they are listening to the players for once. Wether you are for it or not. An induvidual is not the community. The fact people are selfishly torn between simple things that dont even effect eachother is crazy. No one really knows what the community wants untill Jagex puts the main spoken problems to the test.

I can't speak for everyone, but I was opposed to the pre-eoc server. Now this wasn't because I didn't like the idea (now that it's confirmed I plan on logging in at least a few times), but I couldn't see how it would make them money to cover the costs. What I could see was an almost completely deserted rsc server and I can remember my own experiences of playing an old game and finding it not the same as I remembered it. I'm not Jagex, and so don't have access to the numbers that could potentially tell me that it would be a good idea, so I was very skeptical. I have a feeling that a lot of users here have thought the same things, it just doesn't look like a good idea.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

We already have. The fact it's taken you 24 pages to even notice this thread, and have only ever posted here once speaks volumes of just how active you are in the RuneScape community.

I have been using tip.it for years, I just never made a forum account. Clearly the fact that I have never posted on this particular fan site makes me an inactive member of the community? I have played the game solidly from 2006-2012, and only quit when the EoC came out. I am very active on the RSOF even after quitting. Your projection of my activity is unfounded in many ways.

EDIT: I like to mostly casually browse forum topics here, this is the only one that annoyed me so much I had to make an account and post. The arguments used for the most part miss the point spectacularly - such as 'I won't vote because there will be bots'.

To people saying 'ermahgurd Jagex are bending to the wishes of whiners from 2007 @@@@@!!!1one!!!':

This is what's commonly known as 'listening to the community'. Clearly, Jagex feels that a sizeable proportion of the population of RuneScape would like to see the creation of legacy servers, so what is the problem with doing what they want? Just because you won't play doesn't mean that nobody else should, that's like saying 'OMG Jagex how dare you bring out the Slayer skill, I'm a skiller, wow you just bend to the community idiots'. It just doesn't make any sense as an argument.

Even if significant resources were to be consumed in the upkeep of these servers, so what? Significant resources were put into the EoC which many people do not use (people that have quit like me) or skilling updates for PKers, PKing updates for skillers - the list goes on. Not everybody uses every update, and resources are poured into updates that not everybody or even a minority would use. A perfect example of this is player owned ports. The level requirements mean that it is definitely the minority that can use them, but significant time has been put into them. Who cares? Virtually nobody. So why is this different?

Answer these questions and you may have an argument.

Read the rest of the thread, those questions have been answered over and over in depth. Also can you rephrase your main point? Right now it just seems you are arguing that EoC is a small thing that not many people use so it doesn't matter if it's gone. There are so many things wrong with that it is hard to start.

Finally

Large overstatement in attempt to make people who you disagree with look stupid, even though mostly everyone here has said their point, for both sides, for the most part logically.

I ask you to read the thread before responding.

• Like 1

Hey oldschool pkers, prepare yourself, because i'm coming for your ass!

I sincerely hope this goes through, the PvP community was beautiful and along with the hybrid ways and specs. Oh boy the joys i'll have!

Vote yes!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

EDIT: I like to mostly casually browse forum topics here, this is the only one that annoyed me so much I had to make an account and post. The arguments used for the most part miss the point spectacularly - such as 'I won't vote because there will be bots'.

No that's not why people wont vote. People are mentioning the fact that there will be bots in passing.

They've repeatedly said why they wont vote. And as you

like to mostly casually browse forum topics here, this is the only one that annoyed me so much I had to make an account and post.

you would have surely noticed their reasons. Take off your rose tinted spectacles.

Thus beat me to it

Large overstatement in attempt to make people who you disagree with look stupid, even though mostly everyone here has said their point, for both sides, for the most part logically.

I ask you to read the thread before responding.

Extrapolating at its finest.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

This whole argument about 2007scape is just silly. The ones who want to see 2007scape will vote for it. Trying to convince anyone who are opposed to it to vote yes, is silly – likewise the other way around. I would say that no matter if there will be 50k or 750k votes, it would be, at least, somewhat accurate. Of course there will be someone voting yes who won't play, and vice versa, but that is not really the point. Anyone basically saying "I'm right, you're wrong!" is a fool, as no one will have the answer to anything until the poll is over.

There is no 'real' fan base. The group you side with doesn't become the 'real' fanbase by virtue of your presence.

Well said.

the PvP community was beautiful

To me, this is voting yes for the wrong reason. The community has definitely changed, and anyone voting yes to experience it the way it was needs a reality check.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Hey oldschool pkers, prepare yourself, because i'm coming for your ass!

I sincerely hope this goes through, the PvP community was beautiful and along with the hybrid ways and specs. Oh boy the joys i'll have!

Vote yes!

Probably the most logical voter base, the PvP community. The only reason I wouldn't mind if this passed is for you guys.

All of you saying EOC fixed combat clearly haven't played drygorescape and haven't ever put a foot in the wilderness.

Pkers got totally blown out of the water, not even able to change styles either.

i'd love to play a game of FOG once in a while...

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I'm going to throw this point out again. The only thing this should boil down to is how badly did you like old combat. If you are a skiller, there is no reason to vote or even play 2007scape. If you chat with friends or quest, no reason to vote for or play 2007scape. The only thing that has been irreversibly screwed by EoC is the PvP community. PvM found a way, and it works.

We aren't going back to restricted trade days, we are going back to free trade 2007. You could do everything you did in 2007 today, except PvP. If you don't plan on PvP, your curiosity/nostalgia is swaying you. You will be voting for the same things you can do now, only with different graphics and less choices.

I would love to see how a restarted runescape would be, but I know it would only eventually grow back to being the same it is today. All it takes is time. I feel it would be greedy to want to allocate resources and attention on something that will be more of the same.

And to the people who did not play in 2007 and are voting for this, it sucked. Watch some videos, go to old forum archives. We complained just as much back then as we do now.