• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

EoC was not the right direction for RuneScape simply because the mass mess it made. And the content it killed.

The same argument could be made about the return of free trade and the wild. It opened the floodgates for the onslaught of bots we suffered for months afterwards which basically caused the bottom to fall out of the economy, killed any form of resource gathering skills, ruined community interaction in the G.E. and banks, and caused a lot of people to quit. All that from an update people begged for.

Just remember: be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Jagex said they could handle them... And we trusted them. I dont think the free trades a valid excuse in this simply because of what Jagex promised. The economys dead right now just because EoC. Not botting, im pretty sure they can handle bots if they reaaalllly wanted to. Bots do also have good to them. The market is filled with materials no player actually feels like doing. The downside is. Theres less room for actual players to do them.

for everyone who keeps flogging the f(leep)ing dead horse that:OMGUD EOC SO BAD EVERYONE IT RUIN RUNESCAP EVERYTHIN SO BAD NOW SO COMPLICAT DONUT WANT.

stop it.

grow up.

Get used to the change, or quit, and stop whining about how bitterly unfair it is.

We who still play the game LOVE the eoc, as it has introduced equality (near enough) between different styles of combat, diversity in gear, brought the cap between the rich and poor closer than it has ever been, and made so many pieces of the useful. I wouldn't want to go back to the old rs, even if i WANTED TO.

Eoc is great.

Pre-eoc:melee>range/magic everywhere and anywhere. That is a line not a triangle, and it didn't promote training of range/mage... only place there was a triangle was dks. Pvp since re-introduction of free trade has been rubbish, because no honour... people imagine that they'll find the old honour back in 2007scape... but it will be todays (bleeps) playing, not the people from back then. Nostalgiascaping is exactly that. The past. It is done and gone, as are the people who lived it.

Rip chaotic rapier though

• Like 1
meamzed.png

EoC isn't all bad, and a lot of the benefits are fixes to serious flaws in the previous system. Just having a balanced dps in tiers across all styles is a great step forwards (even if some parts are currently bugged)

Edited by Quyneax

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

He is right, the EoC is a good thing for the game. Progression is the only way to stay alive in a growing market. Sit stagnant and your going to fall to the bottom.

Edited by Quyneax

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

for everyone who keeps flogging the f(leep)ing dead horse that:OMGUD EOC SO BAD EVERYONE IT RUIN RUNESCAP EVERYTHIN SO BAD NOW SO COMPLICAT DONUT WANT.

stop it.

grow up.

Get used to the change, or quit, and stop whining about how bitterly unfair it is.

We who still play the game LOVE the eoc, as it has introduced equality (near enough) between different styles of combat, diversity in gear, brought the cap between the rich and poor closer than it has ever been, and made so many pieces of the useful. I wouldn't want to go back to the old rs, even if i WANTED TO.

Eoc is great.

Im sorry, I dont see how trying to force an opinon down someones throat is constructive, telling them to grow up and quit is disrespectful to. People play the game for different reason. Combat was one of them. When something like that is torn apart I think people have everyright to be upset/dislike the content. Its what they paid for over the years. EoC aint all bad. Few key points is the action bar (could of been implimented without EoC) but lets be honest. More bad than good came out of it.

Telling people to quit because they dislike a product they paid for is wrong. Lets say you try buy a PS3 on ebay and you get a bums hand in a box. You wont be like ohhh awhh well. You'll be annoyed.

Edited by Quyneax

You have to realize that these new 2007 servers will be at least 10x more popular than 06scape was.

If you're a member, please just "vote" for this. There's no good reason not to.

You have to realize that these new 2007 servers will be at least 10x more popular than 06scape was.

Yes please vote for this. While you may not want to play it, many others do. It can't hurt you to vote for it.

Would people, for the love of [bleep], stop trying to pass this as an argument or a reasoning for people who are either against, or apathetic towards the idea, to vote for it?

This is not the intention of the vote. It is to GAUGE INTEREST. I AM NOT INTERESTED. OTHERS WHO AREN'T GOING TO VOTE, AREN'T INTERESTED.

It's only going to hurt you in the long run to have so many disingenuous votes.

Due to the fact that many of us who want 07 servers arn't members anymore, we have no way to voice our opinion. So while you may be indifferent, there are many of us who can't vote in the poll to show that we are interested. Now I know you are a paying member and I'm not, and that it's on your "dime" as it were for the vote. I'm not going to purchase a subscription just to vote on that poll. I'm just asking that you consider helping those of us who cannot voice our opinions.

But I can tell you that the private server community is strong, and the interest is very much there. It's just most of us can't vote.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

@Poorlep

$5 to vote is totally worth it. If you vote as a current member, you get the first month free. Essentially, it is offsetting the price of the month you bought to vote. We all know that it won't be free since it won't get the required votes to be free, so I don't see why you can't dish out the $5 now.

I still play, I "like" EoC, but definitely don't LOVE it, and I'm in full support of 07 servers. People need to get their heads out of their asses and realize not everyone has the same viewpoints as you do.

Same thing could be said to you...

Leave people be with their own decision. Dont just utter say "Omg just vote, I have an huuuuugee egoism so you gotta help me out here !!!!"

*Disclaimer: I over exaggerate!*

I agree one should be able to try and convince someone, just do so at a mature level, with arguments and facts! Not with just personal preference: "I want it so shut up and vote yes."

That will only encourage to abstain from voting!

Besides, I wont vote because of reasons I posted earlier... I do have an interest in it, but I know I wont use it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

You do realize that if bots were gone that people could make money by gathering their own resources instead of doing flower games and stuff right?

Yes, but. it still does have some good. I didnt said bots were for the best. People are over reacting. But to say its 100% no good is narrow minded. And even if there were no bots. Flower game would be there. Simply to take the money from the people who earned it from collecting resources. I dont really see it as a valid arguement. People can still cut trees, collect ores, farm herbs. Its not like bots stop you. Whilst making it harder slightly yes. But everyones way over dramatic about it.

It is a lot harder than "slightly harder." It takes me almost 40 minutes to do the "cut 30 magic logs" daily task. It also drives down the prices of what few resources are left for the legitimate players, so it isn't even worth our time. I don't think you understand that....

Anyway, I'm done with bots. That isn't the issue here.

@Poorlep

$5 to vote is totally worth it. If you vote as a current member, you get the first month free. Essentially, it is offsetting the price of the month you bought to vote. We all know that it won't be free since it won't get the required votes to be free, so I don't see why you can't dish out the $5 now.

It only needs 500k votes to be free. It's about an even split on the hlf, and people are actually in favour of EoC/RWT scape on TIF apparently. But those two communities are very small compared to the number of members, which is far higher than 600-700k. 600-700k is the total subscribed at any given point. There is a significant number of players who don't maintain continuous subscriptions, and at any given snapshot of the hiscores you are missing those whose membership has recently dropped off. Then there's the players who only subscribe for a month when they see updates they like. Then there's those who quit because of the EoC, but who haven't been gone so long that any RS news will escape them.

The total number of players choosing to vote, or not to vote, will be at least over a million. I think people are going to be surprised by just how many unique accounts will be voting (or not voting) tomorrow and over the course of the poll.

So before it's too late, I'm calling that we'll break 500k :P

For the "told you so" or "eating humble pie" moment later.

Asmodean <3

It is a lot harder than "slightly harder." It takes me almost 40 minutes to do the "cut 30 magic logs" daily task. It also drives down the prices of what few resources are left for the legitimate players, so it isn't even worth our time. I don't think you understand that....

Anyway, I'm done with bots. That isn't the issue here.

Yes, but thats why bot controls needed. Never said it wasnt. But even with every nuke. Bots will be there. And bots to contribute for the lack of enthusiastic players willing to collect resources. People are missing the point that I support anti bots. But im just saying theres good in it. Just mosts bad. The problem with RuneScape discussions is that if you dont like 1 word you'll bash the sentance. Completely missing the point.

You do realize that if bots were gone that people could make money by gathering their own resources instead of doing flower games and stuff right?

Yes, but. it still does have some good. I didnt said bots were for the best. People are over reacting. But to say its 100% no good is narrow minded. And even if there were no bots. Flower game would be there. Simply to take the money from the people who earned it from collecting resources. I dont really see it as a valid arguement. People can still cut trees, collect ores, farm herbs. Its not like bots stop you. Whilst making it harder slightly yes. But everyones way over dramatic about it.

You know what, open up 07 scape and we'll see what people like you think of having to farm your own resources because guess what, its not collecting logs and bow strings that are going to be the issue. The issue will be a complete lack of physical currency.

GP drops and pickpocket etc don't bring in anything in terms of the GP in game, thats brought in buy stuff like high alch and selling to general stores.

What your looking at is needing a barting system. You logged in and mined 1000 ores, I chose to log in and chop 500 logs. My 500 logs might be worth the 1000 ores you have, ore maybe only 250 logs. Thats something that will need to be developed. People will try and take market prices from live game and it isn't going to work.

So guess what, they will produce bots to mass farm all the resources that people want and your going to have two versions of the game completely corrupted by bots.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Yes please vote for this. While you may not want to play it, many others do. It can't hurt you to vote for it.

Would people, for the love of [bleep], stop trying to pass this as an argument or a reasoning for people who are either against, or apathetic towards the idea, to vote for it?

This is not the intention of the vote. It is to GAUGE INTEREST. I AM NOT INTERESTED. OTHERS WHO AREN'T GOING TO VOTE, AREN'T INTERESTED.

It's only going to hurt you in the long run to have so many disingenuous votes.

Due to the fact that many of us who want 07 servers arn't members anymore, we have no way to voice our opinion. So while you may be indifferent, there are many of us who can't vote in the poll to show that we are interested. Now I know you are a paying member and I'm not, and that it's on your "dime" as it were for the vote. I'm not going to purchase a subscription just to vote on that poll. I'm just asking that you consider helping those of us who cannot voice our opinions.

But I can tell you that the private server community is strong, and the interest is very much there. It's just most of us can't vote.

So, you expect me vote, because you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is? You're more than happy to pay $15/month should it end up being that price, but you aren't willing to pay $8 to vote to see it through, instead trying (poorly, might i add) to pressure other people to vote in your favour? Oh good sir, you, you are a gem. You have every chance to voice your opinion, you are refusing to do so. In fact, I'm almost hoping there was an I AM AGAINST option, just to vote for it to spite all the people who insist THAT I HELP THEM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T WILLING TO HELP THEMSELVES. Oh goodness, wouldn't that be tasty?

As for there being a "strong" PS community, are you really sure about that? Have you got solid numbers to support? I've seen numbers ranging from 20k-500k cited in this thread as people who are actively playing PS on a regular basis. I am far from convinced.

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

That is definitely something I can see happening, 2007scape being heavily botted and filled with gambling from the start.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Honestly, I'm just purchasing membership to vote in favour of this currently.

Re: EOC, what was appealing to me (and I assume at least some other players) was the relativley simple combat, low system requirements and unique content in terms of Quests, Skilling & Minigames. Without things to differentiate it from the competition, RS isn't really up to chop.

I'll be very interested in how the economy develops sans rares, large inflation from PVP/BH, the (many) various dupes and glitches and (hopefully) a lower macro population.

You know what, open up 07 scape and we'll see what people like you think of having to farm your own resources because guess what, its not collecting logs and bow strings that are going to be the issue. The issue will be a complete lack of physical currency.

GP drops and pickpocket etc don't bring in anything in terms of the GP in game, thats brought in buy stuff like high alch and selling to general stores.

What your looking at is needing a barting system. You logged in and mined 1000 ores, I chose to log in and chop 500 logs. My 500 logs might be worth the 1000 ores you have, ore maybe only 250 logs. Thats something that will need to be developed. People will try and take market prices from live game and it isn't going to work.

So guess what, they will produce bots to mass farm all the resources that people want and your going to have two versions of the game completely corrupted by bots.

Thats the part im looking forward too lmao. Building RuneScape.

Remember inflation. It works in RuneScape to.

-

What on earth would they be gambling for? Goblin mails? Botting will be in both, 06 and live. Its allways been there. People are making to much of a big deal. Trying to find every flaw.

Edited by Quyneax

-

What on earth would they be gambling for? Goblin mails? Botting will be in both, 06 and live. Its allways been there. People are making to much of a big deal. Trying to find every flaw.

You say you want building runescape but you advocate bringing in bots to make it easier. Mhmm this 07 scape is just looking more FANTASTIC by the minute.

I absolutely love the idea of an economy reset, it would help a lot of things right. Jagex should take and erase a percentage of items put on the GE every day to remove items to reduce supply and at the same time I hope one of these new skills needs items from other skills AND costs 5 times what construction does. RS needs more money sinks if it has any hope of balancing out the economy.

07 Scape is going to suffer ten times worse because your going to see a massive amount of bots, along with people going "Selling 07Scape full Rune, 10m EoC scape" which isn't going to help at all.

Edited by Quyneax

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

-

You say you want building runescape but you advocate bringing in bots to make it easier. Mhmm this 07 scape is just looking more FANTASTIC by the minute.

I absolutely love the idea of an economy reset, it would help a lot of things right. Jagex should take and erase a percentage of items put on the GE every day to remove items to reduce supply and at the same time I hope one of these new skills needs items from other skills AND costs 5 times what construction does. RS needs more money sinks if it has any hope of balancing out the economy.

07 Scape is going to suffer ten times worse because your going to see a massive amount of bots, along with people going "Selling 07Scape full Rune, 10m EoC scape" which isn't going to help at all.

LMAO. I dont even support bots. Read lmao. Sooo sooo narrow minded.

It dont really efffect you unless you let it anyway. (reffering to 07rune for 10m etc, which i expect will happen)

Edited by Kaida23

That is definitely something I can see happening, 2007scape being heavily botted and filled with gambling from the start.

Goldfarming bots make up the vast majority of bots.

Gold selling sites can sell gear and resources, but people just don't buy them. Speaking as someone who had admin access on Wad.rs for several months, I know the RWT markets better than most. Even sales of discontinued items are completely trivial compared to sales of gold worth the same amount. (e.g. there'll be several hundred orders worth a santa hat in gp compared to actual santa hat orders.)

In other words, they won't be able to operate until the semblance of an economy is up and running and there is plenty of currency.

By that time, things will have gone one of two ways:

1. The RS servers are successful enough that Jagex develop anti-bot tech for them.

2. The RS servers are unsuccessful (i.e. only a few hundred/thousand people play them), meaning there isn't a demand for RSGP. Goldfarming sites won't waste their bot farms on gold that can't be sold.

Ironically, 2. would be far more successful in dealing with bots than 1.

Asmodean <3

I know... we disagree with you and we're explaining all of the reasons why we disagree with you. This freedom of expression thing is shocking, isn't it?